root issues

• Thread starter bigmikeyg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When you get the hydrogaurd mix it only on dechlorinated water 2ml in 1 gal and pour from the top then add to the res as per directions. Still make sure you wash roots every 24 hrs. then repeat the top feed of it. 3 days we should see an improvement here

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

When you get the hydrogaurd mix it only on dechlorinated water 2ml in 1 gal and pour from the top then add to the res as per directions. Still make sure you wash roots every 24 hrs. then repeat the top feed of it. 3 days we should see an improvement here
hope i can get that .. and it’s not till this weekend .. you have any good reference material for the 29% h202?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ok still looking through but here is a link. Remeber just like mixing acids you want to dilute before adding to the res. This is important because like acids concentrated amounts WILL burn the roots.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

do you know of hydroguard has expiry date .. a 1 gallon is 55 american

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I believe the direct addition for 29% is 1ml per gal. So if you math that out then dilute it by 10x then add to the res you should be good. but im still trying to verify that

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Yeah i think its 2 years or 6 months after opening. But thats because it contains bacteria spores. Its a live culture
ahh 97 canadian after shipping and blah blah for the gallon ... the h202 is 65 for gallon with no expiry .. might be better option

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

says 1-2ml per gal. I would stick to 1 ml per gal every 3 days

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

I believe the direct addition for 29% is 1ml per gal. So if you math that out then dilute it by 10x then add to the res you should be good. but im still trying to verify that
wait what .. you lost me at 10x ..

i do 15 gallon res so when i add 5 gallons of water at a time to the res just add the 5 ml to it ? on initial .. how do i add a bit every 3 days .. dilute 10 times has me super scratching my head lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

wait what .. you lost me at 10x ..

i do 15 gallon res so when i add 5 gallons of water at a time to the res just add the 5 ml to it ? on initial .. how do i add a bit every 3 days .. dilute 10 times has me super scratching my head lol
Ok never add it directly to the rez and forget counting add backs you will be treating the whole system every 3 days. So calculate the total volume of your system. Remember a 5 gal grow site generally only has 4 gal in it so calculate the actual volume of your system. Say 30 gal so you need 30 ml of H2o2. before adding to the system you will dilute that 30ml into atleast 300 ml of RO water before adding it to the system. I would suggest just using a 1 liter or larger container and add the 30 ml to it. Then slowly add it to the system maybe 1/4 of it every 5 mins to prevent concentrated amounts from coming into contact with the roots.

15 gal system then 15ml into atleast 150ml of water before adding but the more diluted before adding the better.

when you are topping up the res you don't add any h2o2

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Ok never add it directly to the rez and forget counting add backs you will be treating the whole system every 3 days. So calculate the total volume of your system. Remember a 5 gal grow site generally only has 4 gal in it so calculate the actual volume of your system. Say 30 gal so you need 30 ml of H2o2. before adding to the system you will dilute that 30ml into atleast 300 ml of RO water before adding it to the system. I would suggest just using a 1 liter or larger container and add the 30 ml to it. Then slowly add it to the system maybe 1/4 of it every 5 mins to prevent concentrated amounts from coming into contact with the roots.
ahh ok .. i get it now thanks for the dumbed down version ... i needed it :)

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

15 gal system then 15ml into atleast 150ml of water before adding but the more diluted before adding the better.

when you are topping up the res you don't add any h2o2
if your ever in ottawa .. i owe you beers !!!!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Shit i just remembered you are on well water with a softener. Use RO with 2-3ml per gal h2o2 to rise and wash root. just get a 5 gal pail and mix it up then dunk roots lift and gently massage with fingers to get the slime off and then rinse and repeat until the slime is off.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Shit i just remembered you are on well water with a softener. Use RO with 2-3ml per gal h2o2 to rise and wash root. just get a 5 gal pail and mix it up then dunk roots lift and gently massage with fingers to get the slime off and then rinse and repeat until the slime is off.
okdokie going to be doing this tonight .. thanks

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

my dude ... beers for everyone ... lol .. went to do the rinse and massage .. and this is what they looked like 22 hours later from just adding the h202 to res before i did the rinse on them

i then and went and did a 5 gallon bucket and did 2.2 ml per gal of the 29% and rinsed and massages and i also poured some through the clay pellets as i wanted to get any that were up in there dosed ....

still not really sure why i got the rot in the first place... all environment stuff seems well within the. norms

great info i’ll pass on your wisdom !!! thanks dude

A374C710 D053 47D8 BDA4 A7646C4183E7
8DA44ED6 6260 44A9 9D80 DAA6021DA578
688C991A FAD1 4C56 B508 E0300D835758
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

my dude ... beers for everyone ... lol .. went to do the rinse and massage .. and this is what they looked like 22 hours later from just adding the h202 to res before i did the rinse on them

i then and went and did a 5 gallon bucket and did 2.2 ml per gal of the 29% and rinsed and massages and i also poured some through the clay pellets as i wanted to get any that were up in there dosed ....

still not really sure why i got the rot in the first place... all environment stuff seems well within the. norms

great info i’ll pass on your wisdom !!! thanks dude
Looking much better bro... You got this. Just keep the rinse for 3 days. Then check every couple to make sure. I would toss or sell the enzyme stuff. I hear good things about great white could try that if you ever go back to live system but I know hydrogaurd is the king of doing live.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Looking much better bro... You got this. Just keep the rinse for 3 days. Then check every couple to make sure. I would toss or sell the enzyme stuff. I hear good things about great white could try that if you ever go back to live system but I know hydrogaurd is the king of doing live.
keep the tinse ? dumped that already :) you saying rinse it each day for the next 3 ?

gonna go with the h202 at the 1 ml per ever few days in the res.. seen a couple spot on the inter web that says that only lasts for a day .. i’m keeping an eye on for today and tomorrow and then leaving for 3 days so i’m gonna switch out res before i leave hope when i get back no more rinsing.. thanks again for your time. for this fresh dwc noob

Top Bottom