root issues

• Thread starter bigmikeyg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

keep the tinse ? dumped that already :) you saying rinse it each day for the next 3 ?

gonna go with the h202 at the 1 ml per ever few days in the res.. seen a couple spot on the inter web that says that only lasts for a day .. i’m keeping an eye on for today and tomorrow and then leaving for 3 days so i’m gonna switch out res before i leave hope when i get back no more rinsing.. thanks again for your time. for this fresh dwc noob
No problem. Yep do the rinse every 24 hrs for 3 days and treat the res every 3 days. The h2o2 your right doesn't last long but treating every 3 days should be plenty to kill and keep any bacteria from becoming an issue.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

No problem. Yep do the rinse every 24 hrs for 3 days and treat the res every 3 days. The h2o2 your right doesn't last long but treating every 3 days should be plenty to kill and keep any bacteria from becoming an issue.
so just a fyi

the roots were staring to darken again today .. no where near as bad as the first pictures .. just not as nice as the second set..so i again did the rinse and massage ... leavening till sunday :( chaning res out today adding . the 1 ml per gallon today and will hope they aren’t to bad on sunday and if they are start the rinsing again..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so just a fyi

the roots were staring to darken again today .. no where near as bad as the first pictures .. just not as nice as the second set..so i again did the rinse and massage ... leavening till sunday :( chaning res out today adding . the 1 ml per gallon today and will hope they aren’t to bad on sunday and if they are start the rinsing again..
Sounds good... It will be fine. If your res temps were like 75 I would say otherwise. It will take a few rinses to get it under control. It's not as fast or effective as hydrogaurd. Just have to keep chipping away at it till it's beat.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so just a fyi

Have anyone you could just measure out the h2o2 for and have em dump it in for ya?

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Have anyone you could just measure out the h2o2 for and have em dump it in for ya?
i was thinking of getting my wife to do it but i dunno ... guess with a gallon and the 15 ml if she pours it in she could ...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i was thinking of getting my wife to do it but i dunno ... guess with a gallon and the 15 ml if she pours it in she could ...
Yeah just put 15 ml in a small container and a gallon beside it. Ask her to put A in B and then add to C and you are covered.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

@Aqua Man hey my man .. been dosing with the h202 ever couple days ... as of recently this has shown up you think it’s from the h202 or maybe something else ?

ordered hydroguard from states picking it up thursday ..

just a refresher
ro 15 gal
45ml cali magic
then 15 ml of 29%
120 ab of connoisseur ph perfect
ppm around 800

D00B4192 F745 4FFD 8798 D2D80642AF50
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man hey my man .. been dosing with the h202 ever couple days ... as of recently this has shown up you think it’s from the h202 or maybe something else ?

ordered hydroguard from states picking it up thursday ..

just a refresher
ro 15 gal
45ml cali magic
then 15 ml of 29%
120 ab of connoisseur ph perfect
ppm around 800
Nope I doubt from the h2o2 how much are you using?

Stop the cal mag though. Those nutes are designed for RO and adding any supplement even cal mag can throw them out a whack.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Nope I doubt from the h2o2 how much are you using?

Stop the cal mag though. Those nutes are designed for RO and adding any supplement even cal mag can throw them out a whack.
okdokie .. i shall remove the cal mag ..

the h202 is 15 ml per 15 gal ever second day .. if not the rot returns

did another 3 day rinse and wash and it still is coming back ... that’s why the hydroguard :)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

okdokie .. i shall remove the cal mag ..

the h202 is 15 ml per 15 gal ever second day .. if not the rot returns

did another 3 day rinse and wash and it still is coming back ... that’s why the hydroguard :)
Yeah I feel you right on track keep the fight up until hydrogaurd gets there bro

V

Vondank420

I will check on that h202 but i think at 29% its 1 ml per gal. also with that strength be very very carefuland wear gloves and glasses
You can go to 500ppms of h2o2 29%
5ml /gal or close ( someone can do the math quick) but 500 is safe......
BUT **** H2O2 is an oxidizer not sterilizer. One molecule of o2 split to attach to organic matter and one o2 to increase DO.
Levels drop faster than you can apply ( exaggeration) but its fast.
Now chlorine is a sterilizer and has been used in commercial greenhouse production for years with controlled dosing of 3% or less. Would I use straight chlorine??? Nope, but what I would use is a destabilized molecule of chlorine---- UCROOTS---RezClear are 2 brands.
The guys here can answer this but hydrogard is made from fermented chicken manure. ???Great stuff as already mentioned by these fine growers here.
I'm a big fan of rhizotonic( will NOT get rid of established root rot) but used befor and RR doesnt stand a chance and cannot establish itself. Dont use chlorine products with the others
Keep rocking bro

FourthCity

FourthCity

50 ml per hydrozyme
If you meant "hygrozyme" in my use I found it consistently caused darker buildups and staining on the the roots but it wasn't clear to me if it was some kind of infection or even effecting growth. If you look on the amazon reviews and research this product on various sites you will see multiple mentions of the same thing with some people saying it is normal. I stopped using it years ago after trying one bottle, it was too hard to diagnose if there was a legitimate issue or not and it didnt appear to be helping at all.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You can go to 500ppms of h2o2 29%
5ml /gal or close ( someone can do the math quick) but 500 is safe......
BUT **** H2O2 is an oxidizer not sterilizer. One molecule of o2 split to attach to organic matter and one o2 to increase DO.
Levels drop faster than you can apply ( exaggeration) but its fast.
Now chlorine is a sterilizer and has been used in commercial greenhouse production for years with controlled dosing of 3% or less. Would I use straight chlorine??? Nope, but what I would use is a destabilized molecule of chlorine---- UCROOTS---RezClear are 2 brands.
The guys here can answer this but hydrogard is made from fermented chicken manure. ???Great stuff as already mentioned by these fine growers here.
I'm a big fan of rhizotonic( will NOT get rid of established root rot) but used befor and RR doesnt stand a chance and cannot establish itself. Dont use chlorine products with the others
Keep rocking bro
No way in hell would I add 5ml per gal of 29% h2o2 I'm not sure where you got that info. Maybe for a dip? By sterile I mean it's killing the bacteria. Now it does dicipate quickly but dosing every 3 days is enough for what is generally referred to as a sterile res.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

No way in hell would I add 5ml per gal of 29% h2o2 I'm not sure where you got that info. Maybe for a dip? By sterile I mean it's killing the bacteria. Now it does dicipate quickly but dosing every 3 days is enough for what is generally referred to as a sterile res.
when i did the rinse at 2.5 per i would leave the plant just chilling in there for a few before working the roots and it’s seemed like to be pretty aggressive on the roots just for the soak ... meaning ... i would pul the plant out and back and forth couple times after the soak and there were more than a few roots just chillin in the bucket ...

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

ok .. so .. switched out rez yesterday and added 2 ml per gallon of
hydro guard and the roots are worse 24 hours later :( .. egad man this sucks

348FCE0A 5506 416C 9EF2 7A5721ED69EA
7B08599F E6A3 4C47 8DC4 4168714FF54C
68A55CE0 6E97 45DE 84E9 3BD75974DCA0
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ok .. so .. switched out rez yesterday and added 2 ml per gallon of
hydro guard and the roots are worse 24 hours later :( .. egad man this sucks
Ok you need to clean those roots thoroughly so the hydrogaurd can do its thing. Get all that dark brown off in a rinse then add double dose and pour over the top. Use double dose in the res after. Lower the light intensity raise the humidity and lower your ppm to 300 max then expect some disfigured leaves and stunting. Need to make this easier on the plant. Light drives growth and demand on the roots so need to reduce it. Higher humidity will also lower demand on roots. Lowering the ppm will prevent damage roots from being burned.

It's advanced root rot now. So double the hydrogaurd in the res.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Ok you need to clean those roots thoroughly so the hydrogaurd can do its thing. Get all that dark brown off in a rinse then add double dose and pour over the top. Use double dose in the res after. Lower the light intensity raise the humidity and lower your ppm to 300 max then expect some disfigured leaves and stunting. Need to make this easier on the plant. Light drives growth and demand on the roots so need to reduce it. Higher humidity will also lower demand on roots. Lowering the ppm will prevent damage roots from being burned.

It's advanced root rot now. So double the hydrogaurd in the res.
ok thanks for the tips .. when you say clean .. with just water or maybe the h2o2 and water?

when you say double dose over top just water and 4ml per gallon (double label rate ) threw the clay pelts and let drain ?

then drain rez and start again. after the clean and double label rate for the hydroguard and lower nutes in rez

and the light and humidity is the easy part :)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ok thanks for the tips .. when you say clean .. with just water or maybe the h2o2 and water?

when you say double dose over top just water and 4ml per gallon (double label rate ) threw the clay pelts and let drain ?

then drain rez and start again. after the clean and double label rate for the hydroguard and lower nutes in rez

and the light and humidity is the easy part :)
You got it. Yes it would not be back to do 2ml/gal of h202 to rinse the roots. If some fall off that's to be expected. Have to be a bit more aggressive now and no guarantee they will make it but if there is a way this is it.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

You got it. Yes it would not be back to do 2ml/gal of h202 to rinse the roots. If some fall off that's to be expected. Have to be a bit more aggressive now and no guarantee they will make it but if there is a way this is it.
there was barely any yesterday .. before rez swap and hydroguard :(

Top Bottom