root issues

• Thread starter bigmikeyg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

i’m gonna mix up 2 5 gallon pails of double rate hydro guard and ro.. soak each net pot and roots in for a few minutes then back into tent and pour some of the second 5 gallon. through them and drain rez and the. fill rez with 4 ml and lower nutes .. thanks everyone

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

so i just got off the phone with my old golf course guy and he says he had some of this .. anyone have any experience ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so i just got off the phone with my old golf course guy and he says he had some of this .. anyone have any experience ?

Never heard of it. But that means nothing.

V

Vondank420

No way in hell would I add 5ml per gal of 29% h2o2 I'm not sure where you got that info. Maybe for a dip? By sterile I mean it's killing the bacteria. Now it does dicipate quickly but dosing every 3 days is enough for what is generally referred to as a sterile res.
Thanks @Aquaman for bringing this to my attention I do have a couple math errors I need to correct and a few details that should be added.
5ml/gal of 29% h2o2 is very safe . But its 380ppms not 500.
We use H2o2 up to 7.25ml/gal ( around 570ppms) without harm to plant or plant roots .
The other error was I added a % sign on the chlorine when it was suppose to be 3ppm.

V

Vondank420

i’m gonna mix up 2 5 gallon pails of double rate hydro guard and ro.. soak each net pot and roots in for a few minutes then back into tent and pour some of the second 5 gallon. through them and drain rez and the. fill rez with 4 ml and lower nutes .. thanks everyone
If this works it will be fantastic.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks @Aquaman for bringing this to my attention I do have a couple math errors I need to correct and a few details that should be added.
5ml/gal of 29% h2o2 is very safe . But its 380ppms not 500.
We use H2o2 up to 7.25ml/gal ( around 570ppms) without harm to plant or plant roots .
The other error was I added a % sign on the chlorine when it was suppose to be 3ppm.
5ml and 3ppm both seem a bit high for constant exposure to me. But I have never run those. Seen others not so good luck at that concentration but that doesn't mean you can't as you have done it. I'm sure some strains may be more sensitive and other more resistant. It scares me a but if you have done it then it can be done.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

I use aliette at work on a golf course also for pythium and phytopthora prevention on a couple problem greens, it's pretty potent stuff and I'm not sure if its registered for use on any smokeable crops. We also use subdue maxx for pythium and it also works excellent. It's also approved for use on tobacco crops. If I had the choice and wanted to go nuclear, I'd go with subdue maxx or Ridomil, or Ridomil gold before using aliette. They are all 3 different versions of basically the same thing. But Ridomil or subdue maxx would be the best bet. And not within at least a month of harvest, probably best to use before flower even as they are all systemic and will leave residues in the plant tissue.

Last edited:
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

so ... been couple days since the last treatment and it seems to be getting worse rather than better .. i think i’m gonna switch h back to the h2o2 and flip these to flower and see what happens ..

the plants seem healthy but the roots not so much .. was going to transplant these into a diffrenet setup once that tent finished up .. but man battling this constantly might as well just be doing the h2o2 and get this stuff in check for the next wave of seeds

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so ... been couple days since the last treatment and it seems to be getting worse rather than better .. i think i’m gonna switch h back to the h2o2 and flip these to flower and see what happens ..

the plants seem healthy but the roots not so much .. was going to transplant these into a diffrenet setup once that tent finished up .. but man battling this constantly might as well just be doing the h2o2 and get this stuff in check for the next wave of seeds
did you check the expiration on the bottle of hydrogaurd? Its highly unusual that its not effective. In your circumstances I would also switch back... you have to go with what works

Latest posts

Top Bottom