Root problems or nutrition stain?

• Thread starter highletter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
highletter

highletter

I have an RDWC system and grow started 9 days ago
Sorry, I sent an unfinished post by accident.
So, I started RDWC 9 days ago but I already have some signs of possible root problems. How does it look to you? Can I treat this?

IMG 0550
highletter

highletter

I had my temperatures for the first week in the upper allowed range.
Water was 78 F° for the first 8 days until the chiller arrived yesterday. Now I managed to bring it down to 67 F°.
Air temperature was holding in the upper range during the day around 85-86 F° with humidity floating 30-60% (avg 45%). I think it's that AC can't cope with cooling and works all the time + water chiller gives some heat output inside the tent so it's hard to sustain humidity stable, especially when fresh air intake & exhaust work together for 5 minutes each hour.

highletter

highletter

100% root rot.

Thank you, I'm going to treat them with your method now. Hope this rot didn't get too far

highletter

highletter

100% root rot.

Aquaman, thank you for the input. I followed your thread and proceeded with all the steps. It was pretty nasty slime everywhere.
Here's the picture before&after cleaning.
1F2E226F 41A2 4D0D 9869 9A4C05B09F9A

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to repeat the step 3 & 4 from your thread and had to skip the day. And as a result, I got even more severe rot. This time about 70% of all plants got this disease. Huge bummer especially after replacing the res water and adding "Great White" as beneficial microbes.
Hope it will shed some light. for the res mix this time I used:
  1. Grow A & B from Emerald Harvest
  2. Sturdy Stalk from Emerald Harvest
  3. Great White
01959E42 C785 467E 8E99 13917BA171FC 1 105 c

Also, I found it suspicious that comparing to the condition when I spotted it a couple of days ago rot started to originate in the bottom areas mostly. Moreover, the new solution mix became incredibly dirty with a sort of a foam floating above (mix is one day fresh, RO water)
90D4ABB5 FC97 4858 9E44 677BDD34681B 1 105 c

On the previous mix I used:
  1. Liquid Karma
  2. Voodoo Juice (about 60-70% of the recommended amount)
  3. Grow A & B from Emerald Harvest
  4. Sturdy Stalk from Emerald Harvest
For now, I'll keep rinsing roots with tap water for 3 more days but I really afraid for the plants because so far root condition became only worse.
Maybe I should switch nutrition to the chemical one?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aquaman, thank you for the input. I followed your thread and proceeded with all the steps. It was pretty nasty slime everywhere.
View attachment 1099414

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to repeat the step 3 & 4 from your thread and had to skip the day. And as a result, I got even more severe rot. This time about 70% of all plants got this disease. Huge bummer especially after replacing the res water and adding "Great White" as beneficial microbes.
  3. Great White
View attachment 1099417
Also, I found it suspicious that comparing to the condition when I spotted it a couple of days ago rot started to originate in the bottom areas mostly. Moreover, the new solution mix became incredibly dirty with a sort of a foam floating above (mix is one day fresh, RO water)
View attachment 1099420
  1. Liquid Karma
For now, I'll keep rinsing roots with tap water for 3 more days but I really afraid for the plants because so far root condition became only worse.
I have never used great white but many day it's a good product... I am sure that hudrogaurd and southern ag work though. Great white is supposed to contain the bacillus amyloliquefaciens that is what we need to defeat the rot.

Also really need to do the min 4 days. But you can keep it under control just by cleaning the roots as you go.

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

View attachment 1099414

3. Great White
View attachment 1099417
View attachment 1099420
  1. Liquid Karma

Second pic down you have a bag on the medium? Do you take it off when the pot is on the rez.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Second pic down you have a bag on the medium? Do you take it off when the pot is on the rez.
Great call I think mentioned it earlier but didn't notice it was still there... maybe was another thread? Idk to tired to look and off to bed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom