Root Riot problem, tap root but no seedling visible.

• Thread starter Kevuk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kevuk

Kevuk

I’ve got a couple of seeds in root riot where the tap root has come through, but no shoot has emerged from the top.

Would it be a good idea to remove them from the humid propagator and pot them in biobizz light to give the root somewhere to go?

Thanks.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Is it blocked with something at the top of the plug? I don't think seedlings need 90-100% relative humidity the way clones do.

Kevuk

Kevuk

I know humidity is good for germination but not seedlings.
That’s why I’m thinking it might be a good idea to pot them and pull them out of the propagator as the tap root has come through?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I know humidity is good for germination but not seedlings.
That’s why I’m thinking it might be a good idea to pot them and pull them out of the propagator as the tap root has come through?

I don't see any problem with putting them in a solo cup with soil, just don't bury the plug too deep, keep the top of it visible so the seedling can emerge easily.

Lacey

Lacey

There was a issue with the root riot cubes. They changed facilities and during that time, there was a mix up with the glue. What I was told, they used too much glue in the cubes. We had 2 bags and ended up throwing them out. Another friend called and found this info out after loosing 200 clones that never took root after 3 weeks.

M

mikkif19

There was a issue with the root riot cubes. They changed facilities and during that time, there was a mix up with the glue. What I was told, they used too much glue in the cubes. We had 2 bags and ended up throwing them out. Another friend called and found this info out after loosing 200 clones that never took root after 3 weeks.
Hey Lacey,

I saw your posts re: the bad root riot cubes. We are currently experiencing the same issue and have lost over 4,000 clones in the last 1.5 months due to not rooting with the Root Riots. Were you able to fix the issue/did you switch to another cube manufacturer?

quirk

quirk

I germ in Jiffy pellets using a heat mat and the tap root always comes out of the bottom before sprout. Day after sprout I transfer to final pot.

Coming out
Day after sprout
Oldguy71

Oldguy71

I’ve been using VPS Organi plugs for the last 4-5 months and love them. Their 50 or 100 count bags are slightly cheaper but if you buy their 2100 count bag they are half the price of root riot plugs. I like their structure better too.

Top Bottom