Root rot!

• Thread starter Jmagpharmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jmagpharmer

today i found root rot on my plants they stunk and looked moldy..... all down hill after that i busted my ass alll day scrubbing the res soaking the plants in h202 and soaking the hydroton argggghh, my plants still seem good tho i think i caught it before it turned into a shitstorm sorry no pics im just too damn tired to upload and all that , let me know ur suggestions for upkeep now thanks guys
Jmag:swear

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
hydrosparkle seems to be the consensus around here lately

Im getting a just in case bottle for my arsenal - good luck man

physan 20 could be an option as well

T

topcat76239

do you use a chiller man?

my experience with root rot is that is is pretty much like aids or cancer.. you can TRY to prevent it but once you have it you're in trouble. I got a bad case of rot doing bare bulb vert a few years ago and was able to add cool tubes to get temps down, and gently removed the worst slimey root pieces. bit of h202 and I was surprised to see new root growth...

whats your water temp? hot ambient temps? need more info about your setup to give ya more detailed advice

J

Jmagpharmer

i think its cause i added that bullshit carb nonsense

J

Jmagpharmer

the room temp is at 76-78 and the water temp has been around 69-72 i truely think its that goddamn sugar stuff cause ive grown many a time with GH nutes and theyre great inexpensive nutes but i tried humbolt honey and within 3 days the water was slimey and smelly i trimmed off the really bad roots but keep ur fingers crossed and i will keep everything crossed haha , thanks alot for the help guys and ill deff try that hydrosparkle , thanks again broskis always a pleasure .
jmag :anim_44:

O

Original Grower

dude, u gotta add sugar a 1/7 strength daily, not all at once, it will annhialate your roots like that adding all at once, og

J

Jalisco Kid

It is not the sugars fault. You just had the bad guys waiting around then you feed them and created your monster. If you had bennies in there you would have something to keep the bad guys in check. JK

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

What would be the bennies that you would use? How would they be applied? In the rez or crown fed?

J

Jalisco Kid

I get mine from an ag source that I am a dist for. It has half the pop as my old brand but I get it for 50 bucks for a 25 lb bag. I used to use bio-organics.com products. I dip the root ball when I transplant into my buckets, later I brew some in a bucket with some feed lot molasses, aminos and some enzymes. Then hand feed in between watering. I do this at week 3 to help the pop grow as I will soon be hitting the herd hard with higher P ppms. JK

O

Original Grower

^^^^hey jk, what kinda aminos u rockin. black strap molasses totaly rotted a dwc i did once. to bad cuz bud really likes the xtra sulpher, og

J

Jalisco Kid

I bought some amino's from a nute comp that adds it to their nutes but do not offer it as a stand alone. The last six months I have been using Megafol. I like the megafol but it smells alot more ag then my other aminos that was orange and had a carrot smell. The megafol also acts as a penatrant in a foliar. JK

Latest posts

Top Bottom