Root Rot

• Thread starter CannaTech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaTech

CannaTech

Just got my chillers a week or so ago, prior to that I was running DWC buckets with temps at 78-80 degrees which lead to onset of root rot. The rot was more of a dark brown slime. I was thinking that if i took my temps down to 66-67 and treated with actinovate things would progressively get better. There has been little to no growth stunting or anything to speak of other than the slight rot on a section of roots.
Currently I am running Cutting Edge 3 part (very similar to Gen Hydro) with Orca Cal Mag and H202 (32% at about 1 ml a gallon) After a a few days, the root slime went away, but all the roots turned to a dark brown/purple color that was kind of similar to the color of the nutes.
I thought this might be a sign of the rot spreading so i added some actinovate to the rez at 1/2 a tsp (2.5ml per gallon) I came back 3 days later and the roots are now covered with a very light brown slime while actually showing signs of new root growth. (see pic)
Actinovate itself is a bacteria also. my first thought would be that this is the bacteria I unleashed upon the root rot that could be eating it..Althought honestly I have no clue as I have never had root rot before. I have never used Actinovate in hydro, or even for root rot. I have only used it as a foliar for PM.

Could someone with some person experience with Actinovate weight in? I am considering getting some UC Roots to add as well as I have seen mention of it working on here. One thing I am not going to do, is brew any type of tea. Its not an option. I could just as easily take the system down and sterilize it for a few days but I would rather keep the plants alive and win a battle than give up on a fight.

What I really want to know is individuals personal experience with UC Roots and Actinovate, If you do not have personal experience with either of these products and have not /beaten/ rot with any chemicals then please do not share your opinion or hear say nonsense.

On another note, at what rate is H202 safe to use on living plants?

Root rot
T

Trupharm

3ml a gal for the 29% H2o2. That said think of H202 as a bandaid not a long term solution There are two new sections on CCH2O's website. One has a product called Mycostop which I've used and it stops slime cold. They have also posted info on introducing worm tea moving away from the sterile tank school of DWC

Directed.Light

Directed.Light

In my experience once you have it its pretty hard to get rid of :(

CannaTech

CannaTech

Thanks for the info on the vermicomposting Tea's Trupharm. I am hesitant to brew teas as it requires more space and time than I have. Do you know if it is possible to brew the Tea and place it into a already contaminated grow to clear it up? In the opinion of science I think it would solve the problem as it is an enzyme that kills the infection so that being said enzymes do not deplete or get lazy they do their job till there is no more work to do.. So in theory it would work , but has anyone tried it?

Top Bottom