Root/Stem Rot above soil/clay line ... 'advice' from me :)

• Thread starter Shlep
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shlep

Shlep

I must have deleted my pics, so, you'll have to use your imagination or someone else's pics.

When your plant develops issues at its base, just above the soil and it's similar to the stem rotting on a seedling, is where this happens. You'll notice your plant is almost 'eaten' in half by the 'mold' or issue and the plant will be falling over. It's not enough to just prop her up, that point will just become a problem and the plant will be worthless, I've found in my experience.

What I do: Upon experimentation, after giving it some thought, I started putting rooting hormone all over the remains (even as low as 20% left) of the stem--intact. I smear it in, and might place some rooting powder as well. I do this all around the stem. I then prop it up, and place hydroclay around it. In a week, you should see results. I wish I had my pics.. you'll likely see a massive ball and then from there, roots will be shooting out. I've done it many times and it's never failed. Plants even up to a foot tall. Seedlings, I wouldn't try it... these are already growing and have issues in their growth.

Any thoughts? Just what I do, and I've always 'saved' the plant.s

Bdogg

Bdogg

Interesting bro! So to cure stem rot you apply rooting gel to the area and surround it with hydro clay pellets ? once rooted what did you do next? Take out the hydro and raise the media level ? I’m curious

Latest posts

Top Bottom