Root support with UC

• Thread starter Randyb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Randyb

I did it, I will soon be picking up my 12 bucket 8 gallon UC system. It's a hefty expense but seeing it a great set up out of the box I went for it. What should I use to support the roots during the early growth days? I know some people use hydroton clay but that stuff is a PIA. Is there anything easier to use. Thanks and when it comes in Ill get some photo's up of my progress.

deacon1503

deacon1503

I run half hydroton and half dynarok. I couldn't get the course grade rok so I sifted the larger pieces from the medium grade to use.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I rinse the shit out of it just like everything else.

C

crossouttheiis

Just rinse it and you are hardly rinsing.... don't the eight gallons only come with 5" net pots or did you get the staggered eight....either way its a few hand fulls of hydroton or dyno stuff....

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

8 gal XL comes standard with 8"

Standard UC comes w/ 5.5"

C

crossouttheiis

Either way somthing that needs to be done.... washing your stuff and keeping everything clean is important

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Either way somthing that needs to be done.... washing your stuff and keeping everything clean is important

True story but there is a difference between spraying something down real quick and it being good to go or spraying something down 10 times and waiting for it to dry and having to spray it down 2 more times (hydroton) before it's good to go.

F

f1ydave

I am using hail cubes and they have worked out great so far. Its like little pieces of soft insulation. 1 bag will fill a 12 site 3 times at least. I would recommend throwing them out after a grow, no point in trying to clean them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom