Rooted Clones and Need Advice

• Thread starter MT_Smoke420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

Good Morning Farmers -

I have a question in regards to clones I rooted in a clone machine. I had to leave them in the machine for a couple weeks (longer than i wanted) due to being out of town. The roots now are about a foot or longer on the majority of the clones.

When transplanting into soil (I'm thinking that I'll go into 1gal pots), should I try to fit the roots in as is, or should i cut the roots back to a couple inches before transplanting?

I've cut roots once a while back but can't remember if it had any shock effects or anything and would greatly appreciate any and all advice! Also, luckily i rooted more clones than I am going to need so have extras for experimenting.

Thanks in advance!
-MT

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Good Morning Farmers -

I have a question in regards to clones I rooted in a clone machine. I had to leave them in the machine for a couple weeks (longer than i wanted) due to being out of town. The roots now are about a foot or longer on the majority of the clones.

When transplanting into soil (I'm thinking that I'll go into 1gal pots), should I try to fit the roots in as is, or should i cut the roots back to a couple inches before transplanting?

I've cut roots once a while back but can't remember if it had any shock effects or anything and would greatly appreciate any and all advice! Also, luckily i rooted more clones than I am going to need so have extras for experimenting.

Thanks in advance!
-MT
I'm not the guy but I've seen folks on YT square their roots off with sterilized tools to fit the holes and not coil around in the pot so I'd think trimming up would be okay & better than coiling them up. Shock...meh not to worry as long as they're healthy and are treated gently.imho

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

I'm not the guy but I've seen folks on YT square their roots off with sterilized tools to fit the holes and not coil around in the pot so I'd think trimming up would be okay & better than coiling them up. Shock...meh not to worry as long as they're healthy and are treated gently.imho
That's what I'm thinking as well and probably just going to put under a T5 at least to begin. Thanks for the advice!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That's what I'm thinking as well and probably just going to put under a T5 at least to begin. Thanks for the advice!
I love the T5's.....its all I veg under as well......I have a 2x2 for small plants a 6 x4 for my vegging girls and I just added red led's to the mix.....You want plants to jump in height and stretch out then add red led's

100 7209
MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

I love the T5's.....its all I veg under as well......I have a 2x2 for small plants a 6 x4 for my vegging girls and I just added red led's to the mix.....You want plants to jump in height and stretch out then add red led's
Looking good! Just started toying with the T5's (mostly originally because I had to leave plants unattended for longer than i wanted and just wanted to keep them at bay) but have enjoyed vegging with them as well. Going to look into the red LEDs too, thanks again for the info!

Top Bottom