roots,bloody roots

• Thread starter Beeronymous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Beeronymous

i had to dig up up my plant cause it was leaning over(i transplanted too shallow) but i figured i'd take a look at the roots while i was doing it and they're brownish and really thick looking.no sign of rotting or anything but is that normal? im not digging it up again for a picture,sorry.im only really asking because its only a couple inches tall.the leaves are getting bigger and its smells skunky:evilgrin

J

jdubz206

roots shouldn't be brown..i've had them go slightly tan from time to time but 99% of the time, they're white...i think it can partially depend on your nutrients...are they slimy at all? i had brown roots once at the bottom of the rootball because i was letting water sit in the bottom of the plastic saucers after watering (i use saucers under my pots to catch runoff)...the brown roots broke really easily, so i chopped em all off..i wouldn't recommend doing that on such a small plant though...i've been meaning to get hygrozyme or cannazyme for some time now, it helps keep your roots nice, white, and healthy as possible...if the plant isn't showing any signs of stress, i wouldn't worry about it too much...just make sure your soil isn't too wet and grab some enzymes when u get a chance

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I use Hygrozyme and have no complaints. Keeps the roots healthy and helps break up any salt or nutrient buildups in your medium. Heres a pic I snapped of my roots during transplant recently. Sometimes if your feed water is dark from mollasses or liquid karma they can be a little off white also. RB

Dbd roots 002
B

boxmunch9

some nutes cause roots to brown, make sure its not rot just colored

N

Nuglover

Dammit Rootbound, those are some nice fuzzy roots ya got there. Those are some healthy girls. My roots can have a tan/brownish color some time. I think it's from my nutes/molasses mix though. After a few waterings they whiten up nicely.

B

Beeronymous

im putting a picture up later tonight cause i wanna know what the hell it is.its only about 3,3 and a half inches tall(could be 4).it smells(duh) ive got about 4 sets of leaves.the little rounded sprout leaves have fallen off and the one bladed "serrated edge" leaves have come off too.i think two seats have 3 blades and two have 5.not sure about the newest set,theyre still too small.

69aarviper

69aarviper

I use Hygrozyme and have no complaints. Keeps the roots healthy and helps break up any salt or nutrient buildups in your medium. Heres a pic I snapped of my roots during transplant recently. Sometimes if your feed water is dark from mollasses or liquid karma they can be a little off white also. RB

I can almost smell them heathy roots from here:dance
Nothing smells the same.

Top Bottom