Roots coming out of fabric pots

• Thread starter oneluv0027
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oneluv0027

oneluv0027

Good evening everyone, I’d like to say thanks again for all the advice you guys gave me last week. Seems to be working great almost too great actually lol. ( I’ll post pics)

They’re 3 weeks old now from germination and the roots started to come out of the bottom of the 3-gallon fabric pots already. I noticed a few roots poking out this morning and by this evening they had spread ALOT.

I had them raised only half an inch in the saucer and clearly that wasn’t enough. This is my first time using fabric pots and I’ve never had to deal with this before. Should I let the roots be or should I cut them before raising the pots higher?

the variegated is making a nice come back (first pic)

9047C903-B8A6-4431-96E5-5CF6D49BB2AB.jpeg

665F3E36-91BE-43A1-9743-ED02040997AC.jpeg

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

I don't know what other growers do about the roots, to be honest maybe there is techniques for it, but i have had lots of plants do that with a lot more roots popping out and all harvested fine. So i just leave them be, in my own experience it hasn't cause me any issues and I'm going 3 years now since I moved to fabric pots.

oneluv0027

oneluv0027

Roots are supposed to come out of fabric pots. If you know someone using fabric pots and the roots don't penetrate, they're not watering thoroughly.
I just didn’t think that at 3 weeks old they’d show roots from the bottom. I thought I wasn’t watering properly and the roots were searching for water. So that’s very reassuring that I’m doing it right. I have been making sure that there’s about 25% runoff after I feed but I should get pot risers to let more air flow underneath for sure. Thanks all for the great advice.

I love how everyone here is willing to help right away. I think within 10 minutes of posting I get my first reply. You guys are great. Btw, do you guys think it’s too soon to prune some fan leaves in order to expose more bud sites? I usually wait till week 4-5 when growing in soil but at the rate these are going, I think I’m going to start flowering by week 5.

euphoria526

euphoria526

Roots are supposed to come out of fabric pots. If you know someone using fabric pots and the roots don't penetrate, they're not watering thoroughly.
well than fuck me cause I haven't seen roots pop out yet of mine, yet they are thoroughly wet throughout the pot.
but first successful run and I haven't looked at the bottoms lol

ive heard of this happening, roots popping out of the bag, its one reason I got the fabric pots was the air pruning factor. take it as a good sign that its happening then

***dammit I didn't see that it was in coco, im in soil. coco is next run***

oneluv0027

oneluv0027

well than fuck me cause I haven't seen roots pop out yet of mine, yet they are thoroughly wet throughout the pot.
but first successful run and I haven't looked at the bottoms lol

ive heard of this happening, roots popping out of the bag, its one reason I got the fabric pots was the air pruning factor. take it as a good sign that its happening then

***dammit I didn't see that it was in coco, im in soil. coco is next run***
First run in coco and I’m loving what I’m seeing. Also my first run with led (only for veg) and it’s a cheap lesser known brand, but I’m impressed so far. I’ll definitely be using my hps for flowering though.

oneluv0027

oneluv0027

An
First run in coco and I’m loving what I’m seeing. Also my first run with led (only for veg) and it’s a cheap lesser known brand, but I’m impressed so far. I’ll definitely be using my hps for flowering though.
[/QUOTELet us know when you harvest if the roots did penetrate the bottom of your pots

euphoria526

euphoria526

you should be good. a buddy is using Jacks321 in coco and his plants are insane right now, doing that next run.
he showed me some pics of his coming out the bag and I lol'd at him. this why we use cloth pots, air pruning

Latest posts

Top Bottom