Roots Excel

• Thread starter MediMary
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MediMary

I saw in one of these threads, a ad from House N Garden talking about roots excel,
and it being a hormone.
Anyone remember what thread it was? or know what im talking about?

M

MediMary

not that one RMCG, it was actually an Advertisment(picture) like in a magazine or something someone had posted up here, I wanna say it was in black and white. talked about roots excel being a hormone.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Cytokynins and auxins, which are often derived from sea kelp, are naturally occuring plant hormones....which is to say anything with sea kelp is a hormone enriched product.

B

Buddy Flowers

Cytokynins and auxins promote lateral and vertical growth as do Giberellins

snoopytime

snoopytime

I remember somewhere in Roots Excel advertising it says 'to inoculate seedlings'. Inoculate means:
in·oc·u·late verb \i-ˈnä-kyə-ˌlāt\
in·oc·u·lat·edin·oc·u·lat·ing
Definition of INOCULATE
transitive verb
1a : to introduce a microorganism into <inoculate mice with anthrax> <beans inoculated with nitrogen-fixing bacteria> b : to introduce (as a microorganism) into a suitable situation for growth.

Also found this:

"Bacteria can be added by using the following products:

Vermi-T (simply the best biological tea!!!)
General Hydroponics’ Sub Culture B
Advanced Nutrients’ Tarantula
Great White
House and Garden’s Roots Excelurator"

on this vendor page -

N

NRG

Hello, I contacted House & Garden, two days ago, talked to a rep, I had him talk to the Owner of the company, who apparently lives in San Diego.

The Owner says DO NOT USE ZONE, H202, HYDROFUNGICIDE, or ANY OTHER Sterilizers!!!! I will have more Definitive proof in a couple days, maybe a written statement or something from the Owner.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Personally I am more interesred in what real world experieced gardners have to say about it.

N

NRG

Personally I am more interesred in what real world experieced gardners have to say about it.

Ok well I just thought you guys might be interested in what the owner says about the product. If he says your wasting your money, but you want to continue to do so at the advice of others I can understand that.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Sorry I worded that poorly. I am intereseted with what the owner has to say. But uf an experienced gardner says that they use them together and it works I would tend to believe them.

N

NRG

I know what you mean, I just wanted to make sure, I asked the rep he said right off the bat no, I asked him are you sure, and I showed him a couple threads where people were talking about using it with zone, etc.. He talked to the owner to make 100% sure, took a couple days and then got back to me.

I read a lot conflicting info and just went to the top. I do understand what you mean about real world experience though. But what if the users had used it differently maybe they would have had Even Better results.

If you look at my previous posts even though im new at the farm, Im not here to be a know it all, just learn from everyone, and show my grow and get some pointers :)

Greenthumbnewb

Greenthumbnewb

i use roots excel at half strength and it works well! i use it with algen extract as well! killer combo ya eard dat upon da forum

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Owners of House and Garden live in Holland and speak Dutch....or pretty bad english at best, be nice to find out what they say.

All the Cali based H&G cats are just importers of nutrients, not the plant physiologists, botanists, microbiologists and chemists we need to ask these questions.

N

NRG

From talking with the Rep I was under the impression the Owner lives in San Diego but was from Holland, maybe I misunderstood him, and when I talk to the rep again in the next couple days I will see what he says, and point him towards this thread.
I asked him for something to show others as there was lots of conflicting information on the product, I mention to him someone else had called a rep as well and they heard a different story, so I asked for a letter from the owner of the company, or something concrete from the company.

If I turn out to be wrong, or this guy is a kook, I will humbly apologize to everyone for scaring people, I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it be helpful.

N

NRG

I have never used roots excel cannaguy, its somewhat expensive, and I didnt want to use it wrong.

From talking with the rep it didnt seem like there would a chemical reaction, like combining clorox and ammonia, just that one product cancels(sterilizers) out the other(roots excel).

Has anyone here did a tightly controlled experiment, using roots excel & roots excel plus a sterilizer?

R

RMCG

Not sure if I would call it a 'tightly controlled' experiment, but Jack just started testing out Zone and he definitely uses RE.

DD used to run RE with 'HydroSparkle' or Hydro-Fungicide now'Down Under - HF'with great results, The root they show lead me to believe it was unharmed by those 'sterilizers'.

N

NRG

is Jack, Jackmayoffer or someone else?

To compare Jack would need to have one system with zone, one with zone + excel, and one with excel alone all with the same strain, am I looking at this correctly?

I might try a little test myself, although with my lack of experience I don't think it would be all that definitive.

I got a bottle of the Down Under HF yesterday.
Maybe ill do one plant with HF, One with Roots Excel, and one with plain water.
Until further clarification I would be a little iffy using the Excel with the HF, not saying it will hurt the plants in any way, just not sure if thats the optimal use for it.

Do you have a link so I can follow along.
Thank you RMCG.:)

Top Bottom