Roots organic nutrients! What's your opinion of them?

• Thread starter NorthCountryindoorgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NorthCountryindoorgrower

NorthCountryindoorgrower

I personally have had a very good experience using there liquid nutrients but, I'm curious what others think of them and any thought on a different organic brand.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I’m on my very first indoor grow and the terp tea grow and bloom are great but I don’t have anything to compare them too tho. I used a good living soil and started making compost teas with them but now I have switched to top dressing. My ladies seem to love them to say the least…
AD9BE0E3 ADFD 4638 947F 5AB9896EF6AD

NorthCountryindoorgrower

NorthCountryindoorgrower

The terp teas are pretty much the only ones I haven't tried out but the majority of research I have done everyone is raving about the terp teas. I'm gonna have to give them a try I'm sure I can't go wrong. Thanks for the opinions

NorthCountryindoorgrower

NorthCountryindoorgrower

So Scrogger2190 you like to be at a 0-N
@ week 4 or 5 of veg. What is your typical NPK through out your grow? I've been doing a ton of research on the NPK for cannabis and man it really varies from grower to grower. I understand the N goes very minimal around late veg early flower. I'm reading alot and starting to over analyze if that is possible with growing cannabis so please any advice with a really solid NPK through out would be appreciated. Ty in advance.

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

So Scrogger2190 you like to be at a 0-N
@ week 4 or 5 of veg. What is your typical NPK through out your grow? I've been doing a ton of research on the NPK for cannabis and man it really varies from grower to grower. I understand the N goes very minimal around late veg early flower. I'm reading alot and starting to over analyze if that is possible with growing cannabis so please any advice with a really solid NPK through out would be appreciated. Ty in advance.
No I like to he at 0N at week 4 or 5 of flower. During veg I aim for a 3-1-2 ratio then during stretch I try to do a 1-1-1 or balanced ratio then during bulk I shoot for 0-3-2 then during ripen 0-2-3 then flush with just water

NorthCountryindoorgrower

NorthCountryindoorgrower

No I like to he at 0N at week 4 or 5 of flower. During veg I aim for a 3-1-2 ratio then during stretch I try to do a 1-1-1 or balanced ratio then during bulk I shoot for 0-3-2 then during ripen 0-2-3 then flush with just water
Ty for clarifying that and I appreciate the input.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I do too. It was too late for me when I found this, but the next run I'm going to go by their suggested schedule: Roots Organics Dry Nute Schedule
I saw this feeding chart on the Roots Organics website, but if I remember right, that feeding schedule is for 10-20 gal pots.

It has me a bit confused because on the back of the package for the Terp Tea Bloom and Grow says to use one teaspoon per gallon of pot as a top dressing, which is going to be a lot more than that chart from the RO website, and it doesn't say how often or any schedule to follow. The schedule in the link above is great but seems to be a small amount of this fertilizer when you half it from the 10 -20 gal pot doses.

I have reached out to RO for clarification but have not received a reply. I have started a grow in organic soil and have not needed the Grow blend as my soil is good for at least 30 days in my 5 gal pots, but I plan to supplement flowering using the Bloom from Terp Tea. I am getting ready to switch to flower a week from today and hope to find the right amount to feed. I had heard good things about Terp Tea so wanted to try them.

I'd appreciate anyone who has gone through a similar grow with the Terp Tea Bloom and wants to share your knowledge.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I’m on my very first indoor grow and the terp tea grow and bloom are great but I don’t have anything to compare them too tho. I used a good living soil and started making compost teas with them but now I have switched to top dressing. My ladies seem to love them to say the least…
@ImpulsiveGrower Your flowers look amazing Sir, thanks for sharing. Can you please elaborate on your top dressing schedule with Terp Tea Bloom, how much, how often etc?

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
I have the liquid nutes. Budda grow, Budda Bloom, Surge and Trinity. Took a year off from soil but I did like them.
I did have trouble with their feeding schedules though. When I cut back and ran no stronger than 3/4 strength I had better results. But I also use fulvic acid so don't usually need full strength.

NorthCountryindoorgrower

NorthCountryindoorgrower

This is the nutrients and schedule I'm going by and have in my last grows as I mentioned. The NPK is crazy if my calculations are correct but I'm going with don't fix something that isn't broken YET! Excuse my notes thanks everyone!

20210611 133037
20210611 133024
NorthCountryindoorgrower

NorthCountryindoorgrower

The amino aide and the big swell are synthetics from Aurora synthetics soul

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
@ImpulsiveGrower Your flowers look amazing Sir, thanks for sharing. Can you please elaborate on your top dressing schedule with Terp Tea Bloom, how much, how often etc?
I originally started using it in my compost tea and would water/feed/water but then switched to top dressing a teaspoon per gallon of soil. Another roots organics terp tea user said he top dresses once a month so he did a tablespoon per gallon of soil and also used some of the grow formula as well. So I decided around week 3 of flower to try his method and ride it out till harvest. I have 3 gal pots and did 3 tablespoons of bloom terp tea and teaspoon or so of the grow terp tea as well just a little bit. It takes about a week for the amendments to be broken down and available to your plant. So you can just top dress every week 1 teaspoon per gallon of soil…

Latest posts

Top Bottom