Roots organic nutrients! What's your opinion of them?

• Thread starter NorthCountryindoorgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NorthCountryindoorgrower

NorthCountryindoorgrower

This is the 5ml schedule that I meant to post with the other pics earlier i apologize i was really high🤣🤣

20210611 182340
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I originally started using it in my compost tea and would water/feed/water but then switched to top dressing a teaspoon per gallon of soil. Another terp tea user said he top dresses once a month so he did a tablespoon per gallon of soil and also used some of the grow formula as well. So I decided around week 3 of flower to try his method and ride it out till harvest. I have 3 gal pots and did 3 tablespoons of bloom terp tea and teaspoon or so of the grow terp tea as well just a little bit. It takes about a week for the amendments to be broken down and available to your plant. So you can just top dress every week 1 teaspoon per gallon of soil…
ImpulsiveGrower, thank you for sharing! I have been at a loss for exactly how to use this product and have so far not received any response to my inquiry from Roots Organics. If/when I do, I will post it here.

So I used the info you supplied and went ahead and fed my plants yesterday, 1 tsp of Terp Tea Grow and 4 tsp of Terp Tea Bloom. I also flipped to 12/12 lighting schedule last night for the first time. Next week, I will go with the straight 5 tsp of Bloom but will probably supplement the N midway through flowering much as I did this time. I was surprised this morning to see some fairly impressive progress with the plants as I didn't expect to see any difference for several days given that I expected because of the organic nature of this product. One thing that had me wondering is that all of the new growth is showing to be lime green. Is that normal? I expect that it is normal but wasn't expecting to see such a contrast in the lime green. See photos-
roots organics

IMG 0476
IMG 0479
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
ImpulsiveGrower, thank you for sharing! I have been at a loss for exactly how to use this product and have so far not received any response to my inquiry from Roots Organics. If/when I do, I will post it here.

So I used the info you supplied and went ahead and fed my plants yesterday, 1 tsp of Terp Tea Grow and 4 tsp of Terp Tea Bloom. I also flipped to 12/12 lighting schedule last night for the first time. Next week, I will go with the straight 5 tsp of Bloom but will probably supplement the N midway through flowering much as I did this time. I was surprised this morning to see some fairly impressive progress with the plants as I didn't expect to see any difference for several days given that I expected because of the organic nature of this product. One thing that had me wondering is that all of the new growth is showing to be lime green. Is that normal? I expect that it is normal but wasn't expecting to see such a contrast in the lime green. See photos-
I’m a new Grower so I don’t have the experience yet to be able to answer this for you. I did notice something similar when I made a tea out of it. When brewing it in a tea the nutrients are broken down by the microbes and made immediately available for your plant. When feeding that way I did notice similar color on a couple of my ladies if not all I don’t remember. I would not worry about that your plants are looking great but if someone else can answer this mans question please chime in! What strains are you running? Also would like a run down on equipment used for your grow. Don’t overthink or over analyze but still monitor them and maybe do some more digging. Happy farming!!
224C368A B617 481C B6C9 DFC54C7A4C3A
833F4C65 368A 48A9 8C08 71BC37473AB9
43B5E94D 70CA 45C5 8C6D C8E0CD2BAC64

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

What strains are you running? Also would like a run down on equipment used for your grow. Don’t overthink or over analyze but still monitor them and maybe do some more digging. Happy farming!!
All 4 plants are Gorilla Glue #4 strain, although I do see much variance. Not sure how pure the strain actually is. I am using a MarsHydro TSW 2000 LED, top of the tent, 25% power during early seedling/veg, now @ aprox 60% power, going to 75% in a couple of weeks and then to 100% to finish out the last 3 weeks or so till harvest. My tent is also from MarsHydro and is a nice quality. I also have a fan blowing the lower areas, an 8" inline exhaust fan at the top of the tent vented to the room and a dehumidifier to keep the humidity down during flower.

Thanks again for your help ImpulsiveGrower. Your blossoms look amazing!

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
All 4 plants are Gorilla Glue #4 strain, although I do see much variance. Not sure how pure the strain actually is. I am using a MarsHydro TSW 2000 LED, top of the tent, 25% power during early seedling/veg, now @ aprox 60% power, going to 75% in a couple of weeks and then to 100% to finish out the last 3 weeks or so till harvest. My tent is also from MarsHydro and is a nice quality. I also have a fan blowing the lower areas, an 8" inline exhaust fan at the top of the tent vented to the room and a dehumidifier to keep the humidity down during flower.

Thanks again for your help ImpulsiveGrower. Your blossoms look amazing!
Awesome Brotha and no problem I’m glad to help a fellow grower out. Excited to see this grow progress and see the variants as they mature. Do you have a grow journal?

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I have been sorta journaling my first grow here-

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

So to update on my grow with the Roots Organics Terp Tea nutrients is going ahead.

5 days ago as I had previously posted, I had fed my plants with 1 tps Terp Tea Grow and 4 tsp of the Terp Tea Bloom. Initially the results were great, some very nice growth. However, two days ago I noticed some slight clawing on some of the lower leaves of two of the plants, see photo. Nearest I could figure, this is coming from a bit too much Nitrogen but I could be wrong in that assessment. Regardless, I did need to water yesterday afternoon and so did so rather than wait until the next day when I thought they might wilt if I waited that long. They were ready for water so I did so with distilled water and some cal/mag supplement and ran a bit extra through the two pots with clawing lower leaves. So far, they seem to be loving the Terp Tea products.

A couple of photos show the progress. Got my scrog nets this week so have them added and the canopy is pretty level. Will bring the 4" net down once they are about mid stretch to trellis what I hope to be some big blossoms! Flipped to flower last Wednesday and the stretch seems to have begun. All are showing signs of the female gender.

It will be 4 or 5 more days before I will need to water again, so I plan to feed them again at that time but back off to about 3/4 of the recommended. I realized I may be using 5 gal pots, but they are not all the way full and so I should feed them at the rate of a 4 gal pot. So that might look something like feed, water, feed, water, etc. Does that sound about right?

If anyone has any input or suggestions, it would be appreciated.

@ImpulsiveGrower, how is your grow going Bro? Are you still feeding full strength on a weekly basis? Love watching your progress!

IMG 0495
IMG 0494
IMG 0493
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
So to update on my grow with the Roots Organics Terp Tea nutrients is going ahead.

5 days ago as I had previously posted, I had fed my plants with 1 tps Terp Tea Grow and 4 tsp of the Terp Tea Bloom. Initially the results were great, some very nice growth. However, two days ago I noticed some slight clawing on some of the lower leaves of two of the plants, see photo. Nearest I could figure, this is coming from a bit too much Nitrogen but I could be wrong in that assessment. Regardless, I did need to water yesterday afternoon and so did so rather than wait until the next day when I thought they might wilt if I waited that long. They were ready for water so I did so with distilled water and some cal/mag supplement and ran a bit extra through the two pots with clawing lower leaves. So far, they seem to be loving the Terp Tea products.

A couple of photos show the progress. Got my scrog nets this week so have them added and the canopy is pretty level. Will bring the 4" net down once they are about mid stretch to trellis what I hope to be some big blossoms! Flipped to flower last Wednesday and the stretch seems to have begun. All are showing signs of the female gender.

It will be 4 or 5 more days before I will need to water again, so I plan to feed them again at that time but back off to about 3/4 of the recommended. I realized I may be using 5 gal pots, but they are not all the way full and so I should feed them at the rate of a 4 gal pot. So that might look something like feed, water, feed, water, etc. Does that sound about right?

If anyone has any input or suggestions, it would be appreciated.

@ImpulsiveGrower, how is your grow going Bro? Are you still feeding full strength on a weekly basis? Love watching your progress!
Like I mentioned before I was using the water, feed, water method as I was brewing my terp tea along with recharge, fish shit, great whites orca(mycorrhizae), molasses. That seemed to work good as well but then I switched to top dressing. I’m actually not adding any more nutes. Week 3 of flower I top dressed and have been letting it ride till harvest. I’m currently in week 6 day 2 and have still be giving them teas with the above mentioned products (besides terp tea) along with a little bit of roots organic liquid cal/mag supplement. I’ll be making an update post soon and have no photos/videos on hand to show atm but they are looking great thanx for showing some love! Really packing on the weight. I would like to mention that I top dressed at week 3 and have not seen a deficiency pop up this whole time since! Ya you’re probably right about having less medium since your pots aren’t 100% full. Your ladies are looking good man keep it up and dialing it all in! The more practice we have the better we both will get. Happy farming brotha 🙌

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

This is all I use. It couldn’t be easier. I’m definitely happy with the results. Low maintenance growing.
middleagedude, would love to hear the specifics on how you are using the Terp Tea products, how much, how often, etc. I am a new grower and new to the Roots Organics products. I have found their feeding directions a bit confusing and have not been able to connect with the company about clearing up my questions.
I’m currently in week 6 day 2 and have still be giving them teas with the above mentioned products (besides terp tea) along with a little bit of roots organic liquid cal/mag supplement.
I'm curious, are you giving tea every time you water or every other time ie: feed, water, feed, water? What is the recipe for the tea you are making? I don't have a bubbler but have made a tea that I just stirred a few times during the "brew" once with worm castings, molasses, and a bit ot Terp Tea Grow that watered with a while back. It sounds like you went back to your original plan of feeding with the tea.

I was also curious, and see that you are feeding cal/mag. I saw on the label for Terp Tea Bloom that it contains 8% calcium and 1% magnesium and wondered if that was enough without supplementing extra. Sunday when I watered, I did give some homemade cal/mag but only mixed in with 1 gal of the almost 4 gallons I used to water, so I did cut it back because normally, I will mix the cal/mag in with each gal of water.

I want to be very cautious about overdoing it with the nutrients, especially since I got a bit of leaf claw last time, but I also want to make sure they have what they need to make big flowers. Feeling it all out for my situation but I have to say I am very thankful for folks like ya'all who are sharing your methods! It's very helpful and does a lot for piece of mind for this gardener. ⚕️

HarryHood

HarryHood

great product! i've used it for both grows and will not use anything else. basically just stick with the teas, though i have top dressed, and adhere to the directions on the back of the bags. i've only done autos so i needed to reduce the amount they recommend initially, but upped it over time. pretty simple stuff with outstanding results. i gave a friend of mine some buds recently and he said it was pretty much the best he's seen local people produce, an my man knows his shit. you really can't go wrong using it. check out my first grow thread. admittedly didn't really post as much as i should've, but you'll get the idea. happy growing!

middleagedude

middleagedude

middleagedude, would love to hear the specifics on how you are using the Terp Tea products, how much, how often, etc. I am a new grower and new to the Roots Organics products. I have found their feeding directions a bit confusing and have not been able to connect with the company about clearing up my questions.

I'm curious, are you giving tea every time you water or every other time ie: feed, water, feed, water? What is the recipe for the tea you are making? I don't have a bubbler but have made a tea that I just stirred a few times during the "brew" once with worm castings, molasses, and a bit ot Terp Tea Grow that watered with a while back. It sounds like you went back to your original plan of feeding with the tea.

I was also curious, and see that you are feeding cal/mag. I saw on the label for Terp Tea Bloom that it contains 8% calcium and 1% magnesium and wondered if that was enough without supplementing extra. Sunday when I watered, I did give some homemade cal/mag but only mixed in with 1 gal of the almost 4 gallons I used to water, so I did cut it back because normally, I will mix the cal/mag in with each gal of water.

I want to be very cautious about overdoing it with the nutrients, especially since I got a bit of leaf claw last time, but I also want to make sure they have what they need to make big flowers. Feeling it all out for my situation but I have to say I am very thankful for folks like ya'all who are sharing your methods! It's very helpful and does a lot for piece of mind for this gardener. ⚕️
I either top dress or mix a tea right before watering. I eyeball everything, and really just listen to the plants, and it works every time. Ha. I don’t follow the directions, and have no feeding schedule. I’ll feed tea for every like 4 water feedings, and that gets most plants through flowering just fine. I started too dressing initially, but generally just do tea now. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful, but it really is that easy in my experience.

Chris69

Chris69

Every time I'm watering I add some , I always go with a bit less of what they say on label, I use 12 letters of water and I add 6ml of each, they say about 12 ml per 6 letters but I use half that with Every watering,

Chris69

Chris69

I’m a new Grower so I don’t have the experience yet to be able to answer this for you. I did notice something similar when I made a tea out of it. When brewing it in a tea the nutrients are broken down by the microbes and made immediately available for your plant. When feeding that way I did notice similar color on a couple of my ladies if not all I don’t remember. I would not worry about that your plants are looking great but if someone else can answer this mans question please chime in! What strains are you running? Also would like a run down on equipment used for your grow. Don’t overthink or over analyze but still monitor them and maybe do some more digging. Happy farming!!View attachment 1136520View attachment 1136521View attachment 1136522
You have about 7g dry product there :)

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter

I give compost teas every other watering which is made of beneficial microbes and fungi. So there aren’t any adding nutrients besides the worm castings I add. I’m in 3 gallon pots and my plants are relatively small which was the goal. I give the 80oz every 2-3 days. I make a batch of 2 1/2 gallons as I’m watering 4 plants. I put a heavy half cup of worm castings in a sock to act as the tea bag, roots organics liquid cal mag but I don’t add it every time, epsom salt but I do not add it every time, great whites orca (liquid mycorrhizae), fish shit (beneficial microbes), unsulfured black strap molasses(microbe food), and recharge! If nothing else get this recharge product your plants will thank you it has the beneficial fungi and microbes and do some research on it a lot of ppl are using it with great results. It’s basically a compost tea extract of you will. The exact recipe I would have to have the bottles in front of me but that’s the basics of what’s in my compost tea. If your feeding your plants with it then procures add your terp tea as well. If your doing the organic thing then you will learn it’s all about them microbes and mycorrhizae fungi. Bigger roots bigger fruits!!! I’m looking to add some type of kelp/seaweed extract next run.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I give compost teas every other watering which is made of beneficial microbes and fungi. So there aren’t any adding nutrients besides the worm castings I add. I’m in 3 gallon pots and my plants are relatively small which was the goal. I give the 80oz every 2-3 days. I make a batch of 2 1/2 gallons as I’m watering 4 plants. I put a heavy half cup of worm castings in a sock to act as the tea bag, liquid cal mag but I don’t add it every time, epsom salt but I do not add it every time, great whites orca (liquid mycorrhizae), (beneficial microbes), unsulfured black strap molasses(microbe food), and recharge! If nothing else get this recharge product your plants will thank you it has the beneficial fungi and microbes and do some research on it a lot of ppl are using it with great results. It’s basically a compost tea extract of you will. The exact recipe I would have to have the bottles in front of me but that’s the basics of what’s in my compost tea. If your feeding your plants with it then procures add your terp tea as well. If your doing the organic thing then you will learn it’s all about them microbes and mycorrhizae fungi. Bigger roots bigger fruits!!! I’m looking to add some type of kelp/seaweed extract next run.
Sweet, makes a lot more sense. I will have to try these other amendments and microbe teas on the next grow because I am too far into the grow, and too short on the bank account to add anything new. I have been trying to persuade my wife that she needs a bubbler to make teas for her garden... 🤣

I am doing organic and do understand about the root zone and bene microbes. I know worm casting have them as well as the Terp Tea blends. I would also imagine that using the tea, it would be a lot more forgiving if I did get too much nutrients as it would only last that feeding and I could always flush a bit if needed, although I am really trying to avoid that. I am thinking I will try the teas for a while and see how they work out. I have some high P fishbone meal that I could add to a tea with say 1/2 strength Terp Tea Bloom, a bit of worm castings, and some molasses. I wonder, is it too early to boost the P in the soil??? I am just finishing up week one flower today, tomorrow will be start of week 2. One way to find out but if anyone has any experience using fishbone meal, would love to hear it!
roots organics
fish shit

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Sweet, makes a lot more sense. I will have to try these other amendments and microbe teas on the next grow because I am too far into the grow, and too short on the bank account to add anything new. I have been trying to persuade my wife that she needs a bubbler to make teas for her garden... 🤣

I am doing organic and do understand about the root zone and bene microbes. I know worm casting have them as well as the Terp Tea blends. I would also imagine that using the tea, it would be a lot more forgiving if I did get too much nutrients as it would only last that feeding and I could always flush a bit if needed, although I am really trying to avoid that. I am thinking I will try the teas for a while and see how they work out. I have some high P fishbone meal that I could add to a tea with say 1/2 strength Terp Tea Bloom, a bit of worm castings, and some molasses. I wonder, is it too early to boost the P in the soil??? I am just finishing up week one flower today, tomorrow will be start of week 2. One way to find out but if anyone has any experience using fishbone meal, would love to hear it!
Yes she needs the bubbler!! They are pretty cheap for a pump and an air stone. Yes try to avoid flushing if possible that little bit of clawing is nothing to worry about. It’s not worth washing away your benes. It’s all about experimenting to find out wut works best for you. If I had the fish bone meal on deck I would probably try to implement that as well. Ya the oxygenated tea is great it foams up and just looks like it’s something awesome for the plants as you can see it all bubbling and mixing together. Plus brewing makes the nutes readily available. I’m not experienced enough to tell ya about the fish bone meal tho hopefully someone else can give ya an answer. I’m running a tad behind for work but I wanted to make an update video and I’ll post it here for ya to see how things are progressing.

HarryHood

HarryHood

Yes she needs the bubbler!! They are pretty cheap for a pump and an air stone. Yes try to avoid flushing if possible that little bit of clawing is nothing to worry about. It’s not worth washing away your benes. It’s all about experimenting to find out wut works best for you. If I had the fish bone meal on deck I would probably try to implement that as well. Ya the oxygenated tea is great it foams up and just looks like it’s something awesome for the plants as you can see it all bubbling and mixing together. Plus brewing makes the nutes readily available. I’m not experienced enough to tell ya about the fish bone meal tho hopefully someone else can give ya an answer. I’m running a tad behind for work but I wanted to make an update video and I’ll post it here for ya to see how things are progressing.
yeah, gotta have a good bubbler. i purchased the compost tea aerator 5gallon bubble snake off of amazon for $25. you're gonna need a strong pump to pair it with in order to get the foam going the way it needs to be

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
yeah, gotta have a good bubbler. i purchased the compost tea aerator 5gallon bubble snake off of amazon for $25. you're gonna need a strong pump to pair it with in order to get the foam going the way it needs to be
I didn’t know they made a specific “compost tea aerator” that’s interesting… I just bought and aquarium pump (not sure the GPH rate) but it’s got 2 air lines and I got 2 airstones connected to that and it foams up my bucket like crazy!! Think I paid 15-20…

Top Bottom