Roots organic nutrients! What's your opinion of them?

• Thread starter NorthCountryindoorgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HarryHood

HarryHood

I didn’t know they made a specific “compost tea aerator” that’s interesting… I just bought and aquarium pump (not sure the GPH rate) but it’s got 2 air lines and I got 2 airstones connected to that and it foams up my bucket like crazy!! Think I paid 15-20…
neither did i until i searched amazon and started making drunk purchases🤣 as long as you're getting enough foam you should be good. also helps to have the water on the warmer side too

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Here’s the update on my grow you asked about. Week 6 day 3 flower excited to harvest my first indoor run!! Purple cow indicanja living soil with some extra perlite mixed in using 3 gal fabric pots.
Strains:
PURPLE AYAHUASCA
BLUE OG
GHOST TRAIN HAZE
LSD

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

It's working now.

Your grow is rocking Bro. Can't wait to see how it all finishes out.

So I had a conversation with the Roots Organics guy today, Brian is his name. Nice guy and very helpful. I suggest calling them directly if you have questions about their products as email seems to not get any response for whatever reason.

Anyhow, he suggested a feed, water, feed water, or at the very least, feeding once every week as waterings allow. He also suggested using the Terp Tea Bloom at the rate of 2 tsp per gal of water, mixed in the water first and immediately used on the plants instead of a "brewed" tea. I asked about other amendments like the fishbone meal I have and he advised caution, that their products have all my plants would need. He also suggested their other two Terp Tea products, the Microbe Charge and the Bloom Booster for feeding during flower. I went ahead and ordered the Bloom Booster as it's intended for a couple of weeks into flower at the least so I should be good to go and use it as soon as it gets here. I can't really afford the Microbe Charge right now and figure my microbe population is most likely pretty good at the moment. Terp Tea Grow and Bloom both have some of that and also the worm castings I have used in both a tea and as top dressing a few times. I am sure it wouldn't hurt to have some more microbes, I am confident I have a good soil microbial activity which will continue through the grow. Essential flowering nutrients, otoh, were not really provided by me under my current plan so that had me concerned. This way, I think this Bloom Booster will carry me to the end just fine.

Last edited:
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
It's working now.

Your grow is rocking Bro. Can't wait to see how it all finishes out.

So I had a conversation with the Roots Organics guy today, Brian is his name. Nice guy and very helpful. I suggest calling them directly if you have questions about their products as email seems to not get any response for whatever reason.

Anyhow, he suggested a feed, water, feed water, or at the very least, feeding once every week as waterings allow. He also suggested using the Terp Tea Bloom at the rate of 2 tsp per gal of water, mixed in the water first and immediately used on the plants instead of a "brewed" tea. I asked about other amendments like the fishbone meal I have and he advised caution, that their products have all my plants would need. He also suggested their other two Terp Tea products, the Microbe Charge and the Bloom Booster for feeding during flower. I went ahead and ordered the Bloom Booster as it's intended for a couple of weeks into flower at the least so I should be good to go and use it as soon as it gets here. I can't really afford the Microbe Charge right now and figure my microbe population is most likely pretty good at the moment. Terp Tea Grow and Bloom both have some of that and also the worm castings I have used in both a tea and as top dressing a few times. I am sure it wouldn't hurt to have some more microbes, I am confident I have a good soil microbial activity which will continue through the grow. Essential flowering nutrients, otoh, were not really provided by me under my current plan so that had me concerned. This way, I think this Bloom Booster will carry me to the end just fine.
Thanx broski I appreciate that. What was his reasoning for not brewing the tea? Kinda goes against what it says right there on the instructions and the name of the product hand the word “tea” in it. Would really like to know why if you can… I haven’t looked at the microbe product they have but I bet the recharge by growers choice is the same thing if not better. Has some molasses and kelp in there along with the beneficials. I think I did compare at one point but can’t remember. Ya it Forsure doesn’t hurt I’ve been hitting em with the recharge, fish shit, and orca which all three have the beneficials. I’m all about them bennys! Ya man I can’t wait to chop these. I made my own aeroponics cloner and since I had such a hard time trying to source clones I went to my outdoor patch and took cuts. Also have someone from the thcfarmer sending me 2 for free I couldn’t believe it such nice ppl on here.
641C8D63 8DF8 4990 8BA3 67417AC967AC

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanx broski I appreciate that. What was his reasoning for not brewing the tea? Kinda goes against what it says right there on the instructions and the name of the product hand the word “tea” in it. Would really like to know why if you can…
I didn't really press him on it as I was already pelting him with a lot of questions. 🤣 🤣 🤣 And he was very nice to answer them but I didn't want to be a PITA. Give them a call, 866-376-8578 and ask for Brian. I do believe they are in Oregon so west coast business hours is probably best time to call.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I can't really afford the Microbe Charge right now and figure my microbe population is most likely pretty good at the moment. Terp Tea Grow and Bloom both have some of that and also the worm castings I have used in both a tea and as top dressing a few times. I am sure it wouldn't hurt to have some more microbes, I am confident I have a good soil microbial activity which will continue through the grow.
I have an awesome wife. 😎

So I was giving her the update on what I heard from Brian at Roots Organics and how we didn't need a bubbler after all. I think that buttered her up because then I told her about the two amendments Roots Organics recommended and that I had bought the Bloom Booster, she asked about the other one I said I could not really afford, that being the Microbe Charge. At any rate, she is buying this for her garden and I am going to borrow a bit from her. She is using some of my Terp Tea Bloom on her garden already. We're actually trading nutes, which is kinda cool if you ask me. 😍

Top Bottom