Roots Organic Terp Tea Grow and Bloom

• Thread starter HarryHood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HarryHood

HarryHood

i'm attempting my first grow, 5 auto's from ethos, and would like to know if anyone here has familiarity with this product? and if so how/when you used it during your grow especially if you did auto's?
i'm growing in a 80/20 mix of FFOF and Happy Frog in 5 gallon (not totally filled so most likely 4 gallons of medium) smart pots. thanks!

euphoria526

euphoria526

I think you saw my postings, ive been using it and its been great so far, I just wish I knew to start feeding them earlier. but so far so good, ive been getting big ass fan leaves and my tent is starting to smell like flowers and I haven't started flowering yet.
im excited to see what the bloom will do when they flower!!

HarryHood

HarryHood

I think you saw my postings, ive been using it and its been great so far, I just wish I knew to start feeding them earlier. but so far so good, ive been getting big ass fan leaves and my tent is starting to smell like flowers and I haven't started flowering yet.
im excited to see what the bloom will do when they flower!!
thanks for the response. yes, you are correct i recall your posts. that's great news hearing that it works well. i'm roughly 2.5 weeks into my grow and purchased this a few days ago and it arrived quicker than expected. i can't wait to try it out. i wonder if i should wait and do just one more plain watering before i apply the tea. what do you think?

also, did you brew it for 24 hours or just apply it after you mixed it? just curious and not a huge deal, but if you did brew it how bad does it smell? i was planning on brewing it and adding 1tbsp of molasses per 5 gallons as well

euphoria526

euphoria526

thanks for the response. yes, you are correct i recall your posts. that's great news hearing that it works well. i'm roughly 2.5 weeks into my grow and purchased this a few days ago and it arrived quicker than expected. i can't wait to try it out. i wonder if i should wait and do just one more plain watering before i apply the tea. what do you think?

also, did you brew it for 24 hours or just apply it after you mixed it? just curious and not a huge deal, but if you did brew it how bad does it smell? i was planning on brewing it and adding 1tbsp of molasses per 5 gallons as well
Id say start with a tsp first, see how they like it, thats the lower side of the feeding. But, yes, ive been brewing an overnight, not an exact 24 hours honestly, I always forget about starting it lol. I started late, after they showed their N deficiencies and caught up with a straight tablespoon brewed overnight and 3 feedings later here I am with pretty decent looking plants, just need to cull any males that pop up when the time comes

HarryHood

HarryHood

Id say start with a tsp first, see how they like it, thats the lower side of the feeding. But, yes, ive been brewing an overnight, not an exact 24 hours honestly, I always forget about starting it lol. I started late, after they showed their N deficiencies and caught up with a straight tablespoon brewed overnight and 3 feedings later here I am with pretty decent looking plants, just need to cull any males that pop up when the time comes
right on! thanks for the advice.

HarryHood

HarryHood

got pretty baked earlier and ordered the remaining two terp tea's to round out the set šŸ˜„. grabbed the microbe charge and the bloom booster

euphoria526

euphoria526

nice! let us know how you like those a well. Im using real growers recharge this run, plan on trying URB natural next run, as the microbials. but im sure theirs is more in sync with their nutrients as well.
are you planning on starting them in their final containers?

HarryHood

HarryHood

nice! let us know how you like those a well. Im using real growers recharge this run, plan on trying URB natural next run, as the microbials. but im sure theirs is more in sync with their nutrients as well.
are you planning on starting them in their final containers?
yes, as they're all autos they've been started in their final 5 gallon containers. tried to grab 3 gallon smart pots at the store, but they were sold out. will definitely let you know how it's going throughout the grow. i've also got an email into the company regarding their feeding schedule for dry nutes. i'll post what they advise when they get back to me

HarryHood

HarryHood

haven't heard back from roots yet, but i received my microbe charge and bloom booster the other day. lightning fast shipping!

i brewed a tea of 1 tsp/gallon microbe charge and 1 tsp/gallon of the grow along with few tsp of molasses and fed it to them yesterday. they seem to have taken to it well. i've got to come up with a decent feeding schedule for my auto's as their website feeding schedule is based on photo's and i'd like to not overdo it. any suggestions? all but 1 plant is entering the 4th week and just received their first nutrient feeding other than what is already in the FFOF to begin with

euphoria526

euphoria526

Ive just been feeding 5-7 days apart, depends on how it falls with my watering schedule. ive been watering every 1-3 days depending on the moisture level of the soil

HarryHood

HarryHood

right on. i'm usually watering around 5-6 days now, and will probably shoot for a feed, water, water regimen. considering that they're auto's at what point/week do you think i should make the switch from grow to bloom?

HarryHood

HarryHood

ordered one of these last night off amazon- Compost Tea Aerator The BubbleSnake : 5 Gallon Bucket Aerator. also grabbed a 950/gph pump to go along with it. the aquarium air pumps i'm using now just aren't powerful enough to produce the size and amount of bubbles needed

euphoria526

euphoria526

I have no idea when to switch for auto's. im starting on regular photo's and have tons of them in different flavors lol.

nice, if you posted a link, it didn't appear. ive just been bubbling into my 1 gal jugs. had a couple of spillage issues, but its in a sink and everything just wipes clean. ive been noticing the poopie smell a little more now that ive been doing 1 tbsp + a gallon. but its in the same room as a little box so not crazy noticeable lol

HarryHood

HarryHood

I have no idea when to switch for auto's. im starting on regular photo's and have tons of them in different flavors lol.

nice, if you posted a link, it didn't appear. ive just been bubbling into my 1 gal jugs. had a couple of spillage issues, but its in a sink and everything just wipes clean. ive been noticing the poopie smell a little more now that ive been doing 1 tbsp + a gallon. but its in the same room as a little box so not crazy noticeable lol
right on. i'm just gonna wing it and not go overboard. also, nice! always good to have a variety of flavors.

i did hear back from roots regarding being able to mix different blends together which is good news. i figured you could, but wanted to be sure. the way i do it is combine them in a smaller bottle and then add in my water that i aerated to remove chlorine, etc. i shake that up like crazy and then stir it into the bucket with some unsulphered molasses already added in to feed the microbes then let the air pump do the work. i do stir it a few times throughout the 24 hour brew as some of the sediment settles to the bottom. hoping to have that problem remedied with the snake and a more forceful pump.

here's the link
https://www.amazon.com/Compost-Tea-...1&keywords=bubble+snake&qid=1611768863&sr=8-1

HarryHood

HarryHood

received the bubble snake today and this thing is legit! when connected to the proper pump the size of the air bubbles and force it puts out far and away exceeds that of a regular fish pump. it's basically akin to a hot tub in a 5 gallon bucket šŸ˜„. i would highly recommend this for those that brew their own compost teas

HarryHood

HarryHood

just ordered the roots cal/mag supplement elemental. hopefully it gets here sooner rather than later so i can blend it into the soil for my next grow, but will top dress if not

euphoria526

euphoria526

Nice! I got the bloom booster to go with mine also. Should get here in time to start using it.
I have switched from my gallon jugs to a 3.5gal +\- bucket. Repurposing an old kitty litter bucket really. Been working out pretty well also. I have also noticed a fair amount of sediment laying on the bottom no matter what I do, so Iā€™ll stir it every now and then and if it settles while feeding I mix it with my pouring cup and seems towork.

Top Bottom