Roses and strawberries in a hydro system?

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I have thousands of Sq ft floor space available. Litteraly thousands.. All 10ft tall minimum ceilings. I am thinking I could grow some hydro strawberries and hydro roses and have them ready by valentines day. I'm talking low overhead, simple hydro builds. My most expensive parts will be the lights and running costs.

I will use Hids and markup the roses and chocolates due to delivery service :) anyways.. For 1000 bucks I can buy around 6 1000w hids. My question is what spectrums would I need for each.

Simplify this and be positive. Act as if I'm not worried about running costs. I'll lower those with upgraded lights next year. The plan is to fire the system up asap. I will control the hydro system easy, prolly don't need no help there.

Yet I need to know what lights I should get. They will be in separate rooms yet right next to each other.

So spectrum help and bulb choice is what I'm asking about. Will be be just like weed? Can I use the mh for veg and the hps for flower? Do they flower lol.. Or veg.. I'm so confused. Do I need females or males.. Haha I'm so high.. Help.. I'm just saying I'll invest and do it if it's logical. I imagine 12 chocolate covered strawberries and one of the biggest hydro roses people have seen would sell for at least 40 delivered...

I need the pros, not the cons lol.. Don't be negative! Imma big boy I get it might lose me money.. But I don't care atm.. The setup and business experience would be worth it.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for lifešŸŒ±
Supporter
Nothing ventured nothing gained.šŸ‘Š

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

This is an interesting idea but where does Cannabis fit into your plans?
Lol, well I'll be using my weed grow room to grow the rose bushes possibly

I'll eat the strawberries while very stoned too

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I have thousands of Sq ft floor space available. Litteraly thousands.. All 10ft tall minimum ceilings. I am thinking I could grow some hydro strawberries and hydro roses and have them ready by valentines day. I'm talking low overhead, simple hydro builds. My most expensive parts will be the lights and running costs.

I will use Hids and markup the roses and chocolates due to delivery service :) anyways.. For 1000 bucks I can buy around 6 1000w hids. My question is what spectrums would I need for each.

Simplify this and be positive. Act as if I'm not worried about running costs. I'll lower those with upgraded lights next year. The plan is to fire the system up asap. I will control the hydro system easy, prolly don't need no help there.

Yet I need to know what lights I should get. They will be in separate rooms yet right next to each other.

So spectrum help and bulb choice is what I'm asking about. Will be be just like weed? Can I use the mh for veg and the hps for flower? Do they flower lol.. Or veg.. I'm so confused. Do I need females or males.. Haha I'm so high.. Help.. I'm just saying I'll invest and do it if it's logical. I imagine 12 chocolate covered strawberries and one of the biggest hydro roses people have seen would sell for at least 40 delivered...

I need the pros, not the cons lol.. Don't be negative! Imma big boy I get it might lose me money.. But I don't care atm.. The setup and business experience would be worth it.
Use regular grow lights. 99% of the plants in the world use the same spectrums as cannabis.
Strawberries are fabulous in hydro. Strawberries, tomatos... any fruit with lots of juice. Do a watermelon.
I've never heard of roses grown in hydro, but I don't see why not. Beware though, roses are very picky about what they eat and how much light they get.
I would try and do some selective gene transfer between the fruits and the weed.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Use regular grow lights. 99% of the plants in the world use the same spectrums as cannabis.
Strawberries are fabulous in hydro. Strawberries, tomatos... any fruit with lots of juice. Do a watermelon.
I've never heard of roses grown in hydro, but I don't see why not. Beware though, roses are very picky about what they eat and how much light they get.
I would try and do some selective gene transfer between the fruits and the weed.
Yea splicing plants together will be in my near future. I'm sure after two runs of my 4x8 I can shut it down for 6 months or grow something else in it.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Roses do not like wet roots. They like wet and then a long dry period.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Lol, well I'll be using my weed grow room to grow the rose bushes possibly
I think you'll find the value of rose bushes or strawberries is not enough to justify the cost of artificial lighting.

The only thing other than Cannabis that is widely grown under artificial lighting is microgreens like the ones you see in spring mix because they can be grown at high densities, have a shallow canopy depth, require low light conditions, and have a fairly high price point per unit of space.

Latest posts

Top Bottom