ROUND 2: Ben Derdundat ,The Under Current & 30,000 watts.... The Evolution Continues

• Thread starter Ben Derdundat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

Since my last thread I have made some small upgrades along with some changes to my Under Current systems and rooms. Some of them include PVC return lines and air lines, the addition of two more AP-100 air pumps to each flower room for a total of four AP-100 pumps per room, Oxygen Shield air diffusers, Hydro Innovation's ResiStats and WaterGate Valves, motorized winches for my lights and the installation of Dual Arc bulbs evenly mixed in with HPS bulbs. bd:smiley_joint:

Round two 024

Round two 027

Round 2 ben derdundat the under current  30000 watts the evolution continues 3

Round two

Round two 020

Round two 071

Round two 070

Round two 034

Round two 035

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Beautiful and clean as a whistle... Let round two BEGIN!!!

:) :banana1sv6: :)

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice start Ben! Can't wait to see your evolution unfold again... So many cool toys, I wonder how you'll top this round... :cool

What strain or strains are you gonna run and will you be using the same nute regiment as before? :wondering

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Hey can you guys let me know where your getting that insulation wrap and how it looks so nice and like its manufactured that way on the buckets?

TortureKill

TortureKill

If round 2 is half as good as the last, weve got a good show! Id admire your skills Ben, and I cant wait to see what ya pull off this run! Best of luck brother

TK

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Advertisement. Can't wait to see some Marijuana, the last time you grew weed left my testicles empty.

F

freddagreat

Very Clean! Im gonna pull up chair and watch this one!

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Marvelous!!

Stupid question time....Ill start us off.....

What are those black things that are inline on the air lines I guess those are? They run right beside the return lines that go to the water pump. I notice there is like 4 on one of them and 5 on the other line?

Peace!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Excellent work, pulling up a chair for the show. Room looks gorgeous.

Some questions.
How many cfm you runnng through those hoods.
What are the yellow gadgets with the lock cylinders and tubes? (pic 7 from top)

C

Casper

Looks good as usual! Do you have a floor plan available of your room or rooms? Do you offer "Grow Room" consultations??

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

hello ben i have been an avid follower of your last grow and i am sure you will amaze all of us with this grow.. you have inspired me to make a diy undercurrent system for myself a complete replica.. I have one question for you. I am trying to find out if it is okay to glue my airstones to the bottom of my buckets what type of glue should i use?? i dont want the airstone getting sucked into the rootmass but i also dont want the glue that i use to be toxic to the roots.. i have pvc fitting glue and superglue will one of these work without toxic harm? the airstones i have have plastic bottoms on them thats why i am even considering this.. Thank you for your help.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Ben,
you got my vote as the #1 hi tech, clean and organized grow room builder on here! :character0050:

Definitely setting the bar on grow room design innovations.

I'm ready for round II. Tear it up man!

-TF

S

sourkush91

hey man nice work... cant wait to see the ladys. What nutes will you be running?

A

amstercal

Dude, even the tape on your hoods is straight, flat and even. Everything you do is so tricked out!

So you'll just be mixing in the dual arc? No testing? I know people like Jack love them and I certainly wouldn't dispute their results, but my Family Hydro friend said their testing of the Hortilux Super HPS against the Super Blue resulted in much better results with just the Super, in a side by side grow. I know you go to a different shop than I do. Have you ever talked to your Family location owner about it? I would imagine they chat amongst themselves. Makes me wonder if some strains are more into the dual arc than others or something.

Also I remember reading in another thread about your dialing in your top off tanks. Did you post anywhere how you did it and what they currently run at in comparison to the system itself? If there's a post like that, could you point me to it? Or explain here if not? Thanks much.

R

RMCG

hello ben i have been an avid follower of your last grow and i am sure you will amaze all of us with this grow.. you have inspired me to make a diy undercurrent system for myself a complete replica.. I have one question for you. I am trying to find out if it is okay to glue my airstones to the bottom of my buckets what type of glue should i use?? i dont want the airstone getting sucked into the rootmass but i also dont want the glue that i use to be toxic to the roots.. i have pvc fitting glue and superglue will one of these work without toxic harm? the airstones i have have plastic bottoms on them thats why i am even considering this.. Thank you for your help.

Not sure I would use PVC or super glue.

Perhaps aquarium sealant?

F

fletchman

Maybe a dab of silcone? That would act like glue and you could easily pull the stones off when needed.

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

You might want to try zip tie anchors to keep your air stone in place. I have attached them to the outside of the Under Current buckets by removing the adhesive tape on the back of the anchor and gluing them on with PVC glue. This application should work under water as well. If it does, then you wont be clogging your air diffusers with glue or silicone and when you want to remove them you will only have to cut a zip tie or two. bd

Here is a picture of the zip tie anchor I mentioned above.

Round Two 093

Round Two 094

Top Bottom