Rules on outdoor growing in Michigan?

• Thread starter LivGreen420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LivGreen420

I was hoping someone from MI has some rules:anim_09: on growing outside. Ive heard for a few people doing it but never got any details and I just want to make sure I do it right.

Thanks LG

B

Beasters X Haze

Thought it had to be in a locked room. I'm sure you could rig some grey area shit up

D

djfloms

as far as the law states it " needs to be in a locked and secured facility" i would ASSUME this would be ok if it were a shed outside with the roof of a greenhouse. i have seen this done before. But just putting up a fence and a lock does not count. I cant remember the trial name but it was just outside of lansing that a guy got nabbed for just using a standard metal fence with a locked gate and some chicken wire over it. Haven't heard much on the lines of a hard sided greenhouse. Think "secure" hard sides, and hard top.

L

LivGreen420

i talked to a guy that said he used an old police impound lot . he left the fence up with barbed wire on the top and just dug up the concrete. It was a normal chain fence with no roof. another guy used a wood fence with a lock and Cops came, checked it out, and all his paperwork was good so the cops didnt care. i guess it prolly is a grey area

G

growgantuan

In michigan, as a medical patient you can grow outside as long as it is enclosed inside of a fence or greenhouse and all entrances into that enclosure are locked.
You may also want to think about, depending on your location, about whether or not anybody can just come look over your fence and see your plants or smell them when they're walking by. IMO a greenhouse would be the way to go and make sure that said greenhouse is locked and probably a fence around it that is locked, more to make sure someone doesn't steal your shit than anything. But to answer question, Yes you do it legally, just be careful of thieves.

M

Mike Sativa

I saw somewhere say it has to be a 10 foot concrete wall.

Who knows...

deacon1503

deacon1503

Locked enclosed facility. Think chain link fence with lockable door and a roof of chicken wire. It needs to have some sort of roof for the enclosed portion to be satisfied.

joshadelph

joshadelph

A lawyer pointed out that prison yards are not inside yet the state considers that locked and enclosed, So why wouldent a chain link enclosure with a chain or chicken wire room not be enclosed?

L

LivGreen420

thats what i thought joshadelph. call any police station n ask if their impound lot is a locked-enclosed facility. bet they say yes!! or a prison yard for that matter.

LG

J

jervusboy

With the way weather swings here I wouldn't feel to comfortable growing outdoors. Not to mention the constant battle of pests.

aintnolove

aintnolove

A lawyer pointed out that prison yards are not inside yet the state considers that locked and enclosed, So why wouldent a chain link enclosure with a chain or chicken wire room not be enclosed?

I like this lawyer's thinking.

F

Farmer Rowdy

i knew somebody who grew in a chainlink fenced in cage with a top all locked up and everything. as far as the law went, i believe he was fine. however, he got his whole crop stolen at the end of the summer, so be careful out there people! the best enclosure in my mind would be one that doesnt allow people to see the plants at all. even legal, its just better to be safe than sorry.

517kush

there is a case that is going to be heard in the Michigan Supreme Court about "outdoor enclosed facilitys" not sure of all the details but read this on the LSJ newspaper site.

F

f1ydave

I would like his contact info. Can you pm it to me?

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

Prison yards also have armed guards and watchtowers and cameras and sirens etc. Sure the line of thinking is nice, but is this what you want to be in court testing? We must pick the important battles.

symbiote420

symbiote420

my uncle grew a few Cindy 99s in his yard enclosed with wooden fence. two police officers cut a branch off (how they do that and the plants were 5ft. from the fence and he has a big ass akita), took it to the squad car, called it in, only to have the ppl on the other end of the radio say as long as its fenced in with a lock on the gate it was legal after that they looked at each other,told my uncle sorry for the branch and gave it back to him- that was over 2yrs ago [/FONT]

B

Bruno

This is a section of the actual Michigan law .
(7) "Enclosed, locked facility" means a closet, room, or other enclosed area equipped with locks or other security devices that permit access only by a registered primary caregiver or registered qualifying patient .
There is a case below the bridge over a fellow who was growing in a dog kennel outside . I haven't heard of a disposition yet on the case .
Outside grows aren't allowed in the State of Michigan ...that's from the State Police .

michgrower

michgrower

This is a section of the actual Michigan law .
(7) "Enclosed, locked facility" means a closet, room, or other enclosed area equipped with locks or other security devices that permit access only by a registered primary caregiver or registered qualifying patient .
There is a case below the bridge over a fellow who was growing in a dog kennel outside . I haven't heard of a disposition yet on the case .
Outside grows aren't allowed in the State of Michigan ...that's from the State Police .
I know this is an ancient thread but that's total bullshit. The state gives specific guidelines on outdoor pot enclosures. 6' fence, either wood or metal, locked gate, metal fence or wooden slats roof, out of public view. This thread came up for me in a search so I thought it was important to clarify.

Latest posts

Top Bottom