Run my own solo cup challenge ........ what have I got to lose ...

• Thread starter One drop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Decided to run my own solo cup challenge , yes I’m so bored with this social distancing but keep up a happy disposition about it all. anyway I’ve set up 8 cups holes punched in bottoms filled with coco perlite 30/70 mix have washed out medium with ph correct water which has been standing over night , testing this morning it was 6.4 ph and 231 ppm , adjusting the ph down to 5.8 ph ppm still around 200 mark , let the cups drain till later today where I popped in my seeds 2x NL# 1 x will76 var One Drop seed 2020, 2 x NL#1 x Will76 ,2 x pollies purp x Will76 , 2 x Farmers bag seed x will76 , 2x bag seed unknown origin kept in deep freezer for years.

Ok if your board as I am maybe you want to join in and challenge yourself to a grow off if you want to you can chime in on this thread here’s a pic of my set up plus a had a good clean out of all the crap in my nutes cabinet which I scores for 3 buck at our local tip shop a few tears back fits in the space well .

ok it up to you if you want to join in best regards One Drop .

Run my own solo cup challenge  what have i got to lose
Run my own solo cup challenge  what have i got to lose 2
Run my own solo cup challenge  what have i got to lose 3
ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
i got new beans in soil myself brother , great minds think alike. i will offer some photos when i get a chance. i have some new seedlings as well. granddaddy purp, northern lights, pineapple chunk, dr. grindspoon. (finally, ok so i scored 3 of these after a hard search. i put one to soil in a solo cup. later that day i was repotting and needed a handful of soil and saw the cup and dumped in the side of a 7gal bag! next i dropped one in some PH water to deal with later. later came and the glass jar was empty? since i'm always stoned i assume i dumped it in my tea?) now i got one on its way! i also dropped some blue dream and sour d. so i'm in !

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
@basscaptain your laughing at the Dr.Grinspoon seeds part... fucking sad right?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
i got new beans in soil myself brother , great minds think alike. i will offer some photos when i get a chance. i have some new seedlings as well. granddaddy purp, northern lights, pineapple chunk, dr. grindspoon. (finally, ok so i scored 3 of these after a hard search. i put one to soil in a solo cup. later that day i was repotting and needed a handful of soil and saw the cup and dumped in the side of a 7gal bag! next i dropped one in some PH water to deal with later. later came and the glass jar was empty? since i'm always stoned i assume i dumped it in my tea?) now i got one on its way! i also dropped some blue dream and sour d. so i'm in !
Hey mate that’s great love to see what happens man I’d love to get varieties like what you have I can only dream .

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
Hey mate that’s great love to see what happens man I’d love to get varieties like what you have I can only dream .

i'm running a much as i can as i plan to start a microclone bank. some shit called tissueponics. sounds more complicated than it is. the point is to store clones in sterile test tubes. thus favorite strains need not be a mother. i'm also looking at it for transporting, way easier to hand a buddy a small test tube and have em root it?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
i'm running a much as i can as i plan to start a microclone bank. some shit called tissueponics. sounds more complicated than it is. the point is to store clones in sterile test tubes. thus favorite strains need not be a mother. i'm also looking at it for transporting, way easier to hand a buddy a small test tube and have em root it?
Nice idea I’m a horticulturist I’m very interested in that good luck with your idea.

basscaptain

basscaptain

I'm running a ton too I'm watching you....... so you better have your Fucking A Game Going on this Deal....

Solipapbu

Solipapbu

has anyone ever actually grown Dr. Grinspoon? i remember just seeing that strain when i first browsed a seed bank to order my first seeds back in High School. Would be cool to see someone actually grow it

basscaptain

basscaptain

speaking of that I have 20-25 beans that need to go into solo cups yesterday....... and 6 in 1 and 2 gals that need transplanted to 5's so they can get flipped.... and have 3 that are ready to pull...... and 4 in the love tent..... with 20 plus running outside.......

I have to go to work on all this... Din't even know why I'm here lol

have a good one OZG........

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Well my own solo cup challenge is off n running 3 day and looks like 3 beans have cracked both the Willam76 NL/1 and one of the bag seed that i found it was 20 years ago I stashed them just in plastic bag in one of my tool boxes . Regards OD .pics up tomorrow I’m to tired to go to the shed .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Well my own solo cup challenge is off n running 3 day and looks like 3 beans have cracked both the Willam76 NL/1 and one of the bag seed that i found it was 20 years ago I stashed them just in plastic bag in one of my tool boxes . Regards OD .pics up tomorrow I’m to tired to go to the shed .
Quick update pic looks like Willam76 NL# is away plus a 20 pod year old bag seed I found ..

FE0546B3 33DB 486A A8BB 9EC9A1D924DC
5C53FA18 E6CD 49FB 910A 20B03190F5F5
C10C9734 053F 4E51 8AAE A3CF14E39033
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Quick update pic looks like Willam76 NL# is away plus a 20 pod year old bag seed I found ..
Popped my head in the grow shed to check on the solo cup challenge and I was a pit shocked I for to turn over the timer to 18/6 they have been on cutting time 24/7 a wee pit of light over kill I’m running a simple 2 tube t5 purple spec a really great little light kit , any way have moved the cups to the nursery level which is just a steel grate and a covered timber shelf and the skylight above them is giving off nice defused light temp in the shed while #1 tend is at 18/6 and #2 @ 11/13 and the cutting tent is 18/6 now out temps on the island vary from day to day sometimes hr by hr so today it’s over cast and 17deg in the grow shed with all the shit going down it’s a nice 20 degrees so I’m sure the solo seedlings as in calling then should stay warm enough . Here’s a few pics and yes even myself a well seasoned grower can stuff up ones in a while .... as we say in OZ “she be right mate “ ....

0E5B3BA1 0F40 4AEE 8F19 6D9D9D7BEDE5
9B009253 673A 4C21 B8E4 BA2A568458D1
B3BACE4E 381B 4AA1 9507 ED055766C0E1
ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
has anyone ever actually grown Dr. Grinspoon? i remember just seeing that strain when i first browsed a seed bank to order my first seeds back in High School. Would be cool to see someone actually grow it

growing it now

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
Nice idea I’m a horticulturist I’m very interested in that good luck with your idea.

whos the go to guy on the tissue ponics or micro cloning? i have a few general questions . lots of nfo on the net but also plenty of it is conflicting and well confusing. any help or tips welcomed

Dr.B

Dr.B

My last 3 cups were transplanted into nursery pots last night. Just missed it. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom