Run Off Issues

• Thread starter DrOctogon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PharmHand

Where’d you get the promix from? How old is it? There’s a manufacturer date stamp somewhere on the bails.... Peat is acidic by nature so lime is added to help neutralize ph. The lime is time released so if it’s been sitting awhile or maybe got damp it will activate the lime before the plants even get planted causing ph to be too low locking out your cal and mag causing issues and since your ph is soooo low very little of anything is being taken causing serious buildup. I grew in promix 20 gallon pots sealed rooms for 10+ years med to large scale and switched to coco for this very reason- always seemed to run into some sort of deficiency at some point.... It’s a great medium for learning or trying to manage large crops but it definitely has its weaknesses. I used to top dress w dolopril about 6 weeks after a plants been in the medium plus I’d add a little extra even at trans for same reason. A half cup per 20 at trans and a quarter cup top dress every 6 weeks. There’s a residual lime test you can do it explains it on the promix website

H

heisen

Could also be some kind of pathogen in your water attacking the roots.your going to have to eliminate 1 issue at a time to figure out what is going on

D

DrOctogon

Just talked to the owner of Mills and other representatives from mills, they say my feed is way too low for the size of plants. Also called Promix and talked to a guy there. He tried looking at the mills nutes to see what could be done with the soil but they don’t list the ingredients on their page. I’m going to bump the nutes up and the water to get roughly 10-20% run off and see where that goes

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Hey @DrOctogon - so how did this sort out? This is an interesting case study - please update the thread. It may be unfortunate for the grower, but I think we learn more here at the farm from problems and failure than we ever do from the times it all goes swell and dandy. I think the dueling vendor recommendations in your last post set the hook of curiosity.

Jrmy911

Jrmy911

Also interested, having exact same issues in FF Coco Loco during 5-6wk veg. No CO2, though, and have ventilation. My pH in runoff is dropping a bit, 6.2 to 6.0 or 5.8, but not that much. TDS is 2500 to 3000 (0.5 scale).

BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

Growing in straight Promix HP
My ph going in is 6.2-6.5
Ppm going in as of now is 1400
Nutrients being used are Mills

I’m in week 4 of flower and plants look amazing but my run off is all out of wack

Ph coming out is 4.5
Ppm coming out is 3000+

Last 2 feeds I’ve given 1/4 strength to 15% run off to leech some stuff out.

Just trying to figure out if this is going to start locking nutes out. Should I run just a ph’d feed through or keep it how it’s going.
I’m having this exact same problem on 3 of 6 plants!

3059F2EC 9047 45A8 8E8C CB8076BE99EB
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Amazed to see someone growing on that scale unable to figure this one out. It's not a hard one based on the numbers in the first post.

N

nicolajanjak

Also interested, having exact same issues in FF Coco Loco during 5-6wk veg. No CO2, though, and have ventilation. My pH in runoff is dropping a bit, 6.2 to 6.0 or 5.8, but not that much. TDS is 2500 to 3000 (0.5 scale).
salt buildup especially in coco will cause these symptoms
damn 3000 ppm runoff ... its very high
with the 500 scale i would never feed over 650 in bloom ... my sweet spot is around 1.2 1.3 ms for bloom
mor than that will cause salt accumulations, and the ph or the runoff will drop ... instead of climb slghtly ( what we want )

i used to be chronic overfeeder ... no more

NickyBuds

NickyBuds

This is starting on my veg. They are about to get flipped into flower
I found the best combination for the mills for me is roots organic 707 with added extra perlite large chunky , tap water filtered without the Ro 1200 ppm veg A+b and start r 6.5 ph Never had one problem in the last five years. That momster is in a 10 gallon pot five months old

gift.weed.exe

gift.weed.exe

Just talked to the owner of Mills and other representatives from mills, they say my feed is way too low for the size of plants. Also called Promix and talked to a guy there. He tried looking at the mills nutes to see what could be done with the soil but they don’t list the ingredients on their page. I’m going to bump the nutes up and the water to get roughly 10-20% run off and see where that goes
Finally you contacted the supplier! Fuck theses wannabe

Top Bottom