Running CO2 in side by side rooms with Sentinel chhc-4.

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I have equal size rooms side by side on a flipbox. Everything except the lights are being run by my Sentinel chhc-4 environmental controller.
The problem I have is The Sentinel unit has a light sensor (only 1) that turns the CO2 off when the room with the sensors lights go off. Obviouslly a good function but the plants in the other room want CO2 in there to use when it's lights are on. Both rooms obviouslly run oppositeto each other with the flipbox.
I run a tank set at 1200ppm set in the chhc-4 and would love to get both rooms at this reading. I love what CO2 has done with everything

I would love a few thoughts thrown this way?

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I'm not sure you're gonna get it done with that 1 controller. I use my controller as a meter telling me where my co2 concentration is at and put my co2 gens on a cycle timer. 15 mins off 2 1/2 mins on. Works great. My co2 is where I want it and it uses less gas than when the controller was in charge. ( I'm using this in a flip scenario also)

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

You and me both. I've seen people accomplish this with a lung room, but to me it seems like a pros vs cons thing. I'm on the verge of buying two different co2 systems as of now, unless I can find a dual monitor/control system that will allow me to keep both rooms optimal.

How r u liking the flip box?

juggernaut

juggernaut

The flipbox is pretty good but the way things have been going I would just buy the xtra ballasts and reflectors. For the cost and everything unexpected thats come up it's only another few hundred dollars.
I'm guessing ir's another co2 monitor /injector and tank or I buy a generator. this would be my pick.

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

You could find yourself a duel zone CO2 controller and let your sentinel do everything else, or buy another CO2 controller.

I am currently running a flip scenario with a lung room and i wouldn't do it any other way. The temps and CO2 have been bang on.
Before we put the CO2 gen in the lung room it was in the smaller room to help battle heat. We would just leave the exhaust fan on in that room when the lights are off, with duct valve open pushing air into the lung room. This would cause a negative pressure within the room and bring all the CO2 through the lung room and AC into the other room via ductwork, which had the lights on.

Right now were in Veg mode so all vents are open and the sensor is in the small room and alls good. We are looking to get another controller for the other room asap.

ttystikk

ttystikk

A lung room is a good idea, but you really need a second environmental controller. Running one is like using a flip box; it gets the job done, but like you said it isn't worth what you saved to get it.

As it happens, I use that same Sentinel system.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I am in the middle of the same debate as you all . I'm bbuilding a flip room and trying to decide how to bring in co2. only have a bottle and regulator. no controller yet. I will be going the bottled route so I'm thinking two bottles and two cycle timers and one meter. once the cycle is keeping the ppms right then there's no need for the meter but to double check things are okay. I like the idea of flip not because the savings in ballasts so much but the ability to use the same amount of electric draw and grow twice as much. same ac too for me using a chiller makes it easy but if I had split I would look at a dual zone or whole other unit idk. just thoughts.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Having done all of this, I will say that I'm happy I did NOT buy a flipbox. Instead, each of my zones has its own ballasts, power controller, environmental controller and co2 regulator with tank.

Now I can run every room independently, in any way that makes sense to solve the situation at hand.

ttystikk

ttystikk

One more thing you can't do with a flip box; changing your lighting schedule. I'm going to add 10 minutes a week to my length of darkness, and you just can't do that with a flip box.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

You need separate enviro controls for each room IMO,if you dont want to use a flipbox but accomplish the same thing,running 2 rooms with 1 circuit,look into these
Its a dual triggercord model,im going to have to use something like this with gavitas because flips are not recommended.

ttystikk

ttystikk

You need separate enviro controls for each room IMO,if you dont want to use a flipbox but accomplish the same thing,running 2 rooms with 1 circuit,look into these
Its a dual triggercord model,im going to have to use something like this with gavitas because flips are not recommended.

If you get this unit, be sure to get the whole 60A enchilada. You'll thank me later.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

good points every one. now that I'm in the middle of all this seems the cost of ballasts maybe negligible if you are going all in, as we all are :) co2 in well controled rooms more permanently installed. but right now while I'm building on a budget it works for me. got mine for 80 ea tho.

Top Bottom