Russet mite damage? Can’t seem to find them under scope

• Thread starter Kylle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kylle

So this looks like russet mite damage to me, but I can’t find any, I’ve looked, hard, with a 150*digital microscope. I even took video and pics into my local shop, they said the damage looks like they should be seeing mites but they aren’t. I have them under a humidity dome, they were definitely too high,around 90% for two a few days. They are in coco and perlite and have been transplanted from aeroponic closer about 5 days ago.

Russet mite damage cant seem to find them under scope
Russet mite damage cant seem to find them under scope 2
Russet mite damage cant seem to find them under scope 3
Russet mite damage cant seem to find them under scope 4
Russet mite damage cant seem to find them under scope 5
Russet mite damage cant seem to find them under scope 6
Russet mite damage cant seem to find them under scope 7
Russet mite damage cant seem to find them under scope 8
Russet mite damage cant seem to find them under scope 9
Russet mite damage cant seem to find them under scope 10
Russet mite damage cant seem to find them under scope 11
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm not a pest expert, but that doesn't look like any photos of russet mite damage that I've seen. They seem to attack the growing points. Damage in the 3rd and 5th pics kind of looks like it could be thrips (the only pest I've had, aside from fungus gnats).

K

Kylle

I can’t find anything though, that’s why I was thinking russet mite, I’ve never had thrips, I thought I had broad mites once turned out to be blistering from overwatering when new to coco. I’ve been pretty lucky over the last decade with pests indoors, spider mites once from clones. I just bought some clones so I’m pretty paranoid. Any advice on finding the thrips, are they hiders?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

So this looks like russet mite damage to me, but I can’t find any, I’ve looked, hard, with a 150*digital microscope. I even took video and pics into my local shop, they said the damage looks like they should be seeing mites but they aren’t. I have them under a humidity dome, they were definitely too high,around 90% for two a few days. They are in coco and perlite and have been transplanted from aeroponic closer about 5 days ago.
Hi
It looks like you are over watering,perhaps ration the water so they can get healthy and go from there. As far as killing any garden pests,end all is about as good as it gets. Good luck

K

Kylle

they are fresh from aeroponic clones, only been watered once, I was thinking the increased humidity from the dome maybe? Humidity was as high as a fruiting chamber for fungus for 3 days. I think it had to be the humidity

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

they are fresh from aeroponic clones, only been watered once, I was thinking the increased humidity from the dome maybe?
You should be able to see any pest ,thrips and flying insects will be obvious and mites you will see moving around and eggs under a mag glass. Again I would let them dry out a bit and if i was concerned about pests I would buy some endall and spray them every 4 days and see if they come around. A wet dome would make the leave edges brown If you got the clones eleswhere ,perhaps go and ask the person if they have pests. Usually pests are brought into the grow (clones or other garden plants)and rarely from seed.

K

Kylle

Hi
It looks like you are over watering,perhaps ration the water so they can get healthy and go from there. As far as killing any garden pests,end all is about as good as it gets. Good luck
Thanks bud

Stev3

Stev3

Did you ever find out what was the cause?
My clones looked similar to the 2nd where it seems parts of leaf we're burned off too

Homesteader

Homesteader

Looks like spider mite bites to me. Even think I saw some in your pictures. Pretty easy fix at this stage and size.

K

Kylle

Looks like spider mite bites to me. Even think I saw some in your pictures. Pretty easy fix at this stage and size.
Nope! It was some crickets that were under my humidity dome. They were from my daughters lizard. I’ve had spider mites before, they are easy to find. But thank you much growmie!!!! I was moving the dome to clean and one was trying to get back under it, so I looked up cricket damage and sure enough.

Top Bottom