Russet mite treatment and solutions?

• Thread starter MaryDankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MaryDankster

MaryDankster

Howdy Y'all,

Had a damaged plant which i have identified as Russet mite damage. I got rid of that plant cause i can get the genetics back from a homie but i noticed it jumped onto another plant which is irreplaceable. Been going to town with predatory mites (Swirskii and Andersoni) but not sure it will do the trick alone. This is in my genetics lab/room so nothing is going into flower currently. Most of these genetics that ive collected for many years are irreplaceable so i really need to treat them cause killing them is my last option but would rather not. Currently working on moving all my genetics to a different location isolated place where i can start over and treat them as necessary but i would like to salvage the plants i have because i will take cuts for my flower room at some point at another location. I have read many ways to combat these guys and willing to try almost anything. These genetics are also used in the Reg markets so harsh chemical pesticides/miticides are off the table cause most won't pass testing.

1. I guess my question is has anyone had success with battling these fuckers? If so, please elaborate?
  2. If i use certain things like alcohol 1:1/ Dr Zymes/ plant therapy and azadirachtin will any of these solutions kill the predatory mites as well? I've also read using sulfur and CO2 can help but how does that effect the predators?
I would hate to kill all the predators since they are costly and i know have proven to work effectively. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Please try to keep comments for solutions and not to have some a discussion off topic, thanks

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I have no experience with russets but I will say it will be easier if you can clone everything you wanna keep and dunk the little ones. It’s much easier to treat small plants. Good luck someone will get you sorted out.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

The sulfur burner will work but it will kill the predator mites too. My lady bugs survived it though

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Sadly you should have introduced the predators AFTER the sprays.....right now you wont find a selective miticide that can kill only the bad guys and save the good ones...
Its either boost the predator population ( expensive solution) or restart the program with poison and after some ground has been conquered....predators.

Plus, are you 100% sure that translaminar poisons sprayed during veg will show on tested buds?? makes no sense to me.....i get the systemic ones or anything during flower, but abamectin lasts outside of the tissue for about 3 days and about 15 days in plant tissue and soil.....
Remember that adults and eggs require different poisons..

i fought them and i won....never saw one again but the final product was dogshit grade....it wasnt worth but i had no chances..
If you want to preserve a genetic , stip her down of all the leaves , leaving few bud sites and dip em in your selected poison....
Before try any grandma remedy always test spray some leaves and avoid runoff during spray in general unless has been proven to be 100% non toxic for plant tissue and soil.....

Good Luck!!!

JdMcnugget

JdMcnugget

purecrop1 will not harm your beneficials. look it up. and russets are nasty little bastards you have the right ammunition you just gotta be patient and make sure when you spray you use a a fine mister and completely cover every inch of the plant which includes under the leaves. call arbico organics and look up Suzanne wainwright. the bug lady. godspeed

wawa53

wawa53

Howdy Y'all,

Had a damaged plant which i have identified as Russet mite damage. I got rid of that plant cause i can get the genetics back from a homie but i noticed it jumped onto another plant which is irreplaceable. Been going to town with predatory mites (Swirskii and Andersoni) but not sure it will do the trick alone. This is in my genetics lab/room so nothing is going into flower currently. Most of these genetics that ive collected for many years are irreplaceable so i really need to treat them cause killing them is my last option but would rather not. Currently working on moving all my genetics to a different location isolated place where i can start over and treat them as necessary but i would like to salvage the plants i have because i will take cuts for my flower room at some point at another location. I have read many ways to combat these guys and willing to try almost anything. These genetics are also used in the Reg markets so harsh chemical pesticides/miticides are off the table cause most won't pass testing.

1. I guess my question is has anyone had success with battling these fuckers? If so, please elaborate?
  2. If i use certain things like alcohol 1:1/ Dr Zymes/ plant therapy and azadirachtin will any of these solutions kill the predatory mites as well? I've also read using sulfur and CO2 can help but how does that effect the predators?
I would hate to kill all the predators since they are costly and i know have proven to work effectively. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Please try to keep comments for solutions and not to have some a discussion off topic, thanks
Heat have been heating it up weekly to 115 for 90 minutes seems to be working finding fewer and fewer eggs sometimes hard to even find one today found a few on lower leaves havnt found an actual mite in two week but know they are still lurking waitng for another chance.

Top Bottom