Rust coloured spots on leaf veins and chlorosis.

• Thread starter Rugga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rugga

Rugga

Can anyone offer some advice?
The girls are about 3 weeks into flower and I am seeing rust spots starting at the veins of the leaves as well as chlorosis as the condition progresses. This started on the lower fan leaves and has progressed up the plant over the last week or so. As this progresses the leaves yellow more and more, with the worst case leaves at the bottom of the plants. They are also showing some purple on the fan leaf stems. I am feeding with 0-10-10, 2 days on one day off, enough to get decent run off out the bottom of the 10 gallon pots.
The soil ph had been as low as 5.1ph, which I treated with a baking soda solution a few days ago. Soil ph is around 6.1 now. I typically let tap water sit for a day and then balance the water to 6.5 ph after adding nutes.
I think maybe a nutrient lock out problem??
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Rust coloured spots on leaf veins and chlorosis
Rust coloured spots on leaf veins and chlorosis 2
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I've seen this before but before I comment I'm going to need to look into it for a minute so I'll check you in the morning, until then this may give you a place to start reading

Screenshot 20200812 213024 Chrome

Edit: it's not mites

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

your answer is here; I'm in this thread too and I think all your answers are here, but if not tag me in and I'll help if I can, good luck!

Rugga

Rugga

I appreciate your help. I really couldn't find any good pictures of anything similar to my issue anywhere on the web. Having read the thread that you provided a link to, I am more convinced that it is/was low soil ph causing nutrient lock out, magnesium in particular. I was hoping that someone would recognize the condition in the phots and confirm.
The soil ph is now where it should be and I have watered with a commercial calcium/magnesium product to be sure they are available and have also hit the leaves with a foliar spray. I will definitely lose some fan leaves. Below is a more advanced yellowed leaf
Time will tell I guess
Thanks
20200813 170608

Rugga

Rugga

I make tea with 1 cup hen manure pellets 5-3-2, 4 cups worm castings and 2-3 tbsp molasses in 18L of water and feed them once per week. Probably a little light on N still. This is my first time growing in decades so a really steep learning curve.
What would you recommend? Any advice is much appreciated

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I make tea with 1 cup hen manure pellets 5-3-2, 4 cups worm castings and 2-3 tbsp molasses in 18L of water and feed them once per week. Probably a little light on N still. This is my first time growing in decades so a really steep learning curve.
What would you recommend? Any advice is much appreciated
Organics is like French to me I know a few words sorry brother.

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

Can anyone offer some advice?
The girls are about 3 weeks into flower and I am seeing rust spots starting at the veins of the leaves as well as chlorosis as the condition progresses. This started on the lower fan leaves and has progressed up the plant over the last week or so. As this progresses the leaves yellow more and more, with the worst case leaves at the bottom of the plants. They are also showing some purple on the fan leaf stems. I am feeding with 0-10-10, 2 days on one day off, enough to get decent run off out the bottom of the 10 gallon pots.
The soil ph had been as low as 5.1ph, which I treated with a baking soda solution a few days ago. Soil ph is around 6.1 now. I typically let tap water sit for a day and then balance the water to 6.5 ph after adding nutes.
I think maybe a nutrient lock out problem??
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
That's crazy I think I am having that and I think it might be from Sodium and sure enough you mentioned Baking Sodium i.e. Sodium Bicarbonate!

Top Bottom