Rust or nute lockout

• Thread starter Pete638
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pete638

Hello,
I ran into an issue at week five of flower on two northern lights ladies. Using 12” pots with fox farm ocean forest under a 100 watt diamond series led. I have a filter hooked up to an in-line fan for exhaust in the room. Using filtered tap water with a ph of 7. I haven’t added any muted up until about a week after I noticed the issue. I just checked the ph of the runoff yesterday which showed up to be around 5.2. I’m still relatively new to this. Since the damage is done, would it be too late to add lime to the soil? Maybe ph up? Unless it’s rust. Any and all input is very much appreciated.
Rust or nute lockout 3
Rust or nute lockout
Rust or nute lockout 2

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

not sure what your saying here,you just started adding nutes? if so are you using recomended instructions from the provider?any way,you would have better luck dropping your ph for your feeds and or water to 6.5,they do best at 6.5.also if your drainage isnt great it can build up salt and that raise the soil ph,smell the bottom of you pots if it doesnt smell of earth and a sour smell you got problems in the root zone,the one pic of the burnt foilage on the bud,it will still stack on up ,but all that foilage brown and crumbly take it off,answer to question with lime,i dont think that will help you much,you been putting in a nuetral 7. feed and lime does the same ,it keeps the ph at 7.,but start a 6.5 feed in the pots,start at 1/4 strength on your feed,wait a week if they havent looked better bump up that feed rate to a 1/2 strength,if the very tip of your leaves turn yellow,that is tip burn,right there is were you want to feed for a couple weeks,let the plants get use to it

P

Pete638

I started adding nutes at the progression of rust colored spots on the leaves. I took a ph reading of the runoff yesterday and it was slightly orange. I used a ph kit from my fish tank which doesn’t go lower than 6 at yellow. Slightly orange makes me believe I’m at 5.5 or lower. The second plant was dark green up till about two days ago when it started showing signs of calcium deficiency. I’ve been giving them the recommended dosage of a tonic I bought but it did nothing to stop the progression of whatever my issue is. The tonic I believe was made from earthworm castings. I forgot the NPK ratio.

It wouldn’t be beneficial to try raising the ph of the soil? Thank you again for your input

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hello,
I ran into an issue at week five of flower on two northern lights ladies. Using 12” pots with fox farm ocean forest under a 100 watt diamond series led. I have a filter hooked up to an in-line fan for exhaust in the room. Using filtered tap water with a ph of 7. I haven’t added any muted up until about a week after I noticed the issue. I just checked the ph of the runoff yesterday which showed up to be around 5.2. I’m still relatively new to this. Since the damage is done, would it be too late to add lime to the soil? Maybe ph up? Unless it’s rust. Any and all input is very much appreciated.View attachment 880096View attachment 880094View attachment 880095
I agree with above information regarding your pH, I also use ffof & you need 6.5 for best results

Also I'd recommend you get a pH meter or strips, even a cheap meter will let you dial it in much more accurately for best results

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I started adding nutes at the progression of rust colored spots on the leaves. I took a ph reading of the runoff yesterday and it was slightly orange. I used a ph kit from my fish tank which doesn’t go lower than 6 at yellow. Slightly orange makes me believe I’m at 5.5 or lower. The second plant was dark green up till about two days ago when it started showing signs of calcium deficiency. I’ve been giving them the recommended dosage of a tonic I bought but it did nothing to stop the progression of whatever my issue is. The tonic I believe was made from earthworm castings. I forgot the NPK ratio.

It wouldn’t be beneficial to try raising the ph of the soil? Thank you again for your input
how?you really have no clue what the ph is,ive ph tested and done NPK test on ocean forest,ph of every bag ive bought for years was 6.5,but if you just started feeding ,your way behind,ocean is good for veg with no nutes depending on how long you veg,ive never gone over 30 days just for safe thought,i only let my plants get 18 inches tall and i flip to flower,your well into flower,there hungry is why they look as they do,lack of feed has made your soil starve itself to death,feed them and work your way up to dial in what is needed,those plants will be needing P&K at this stage with very little N if you dig just trying to help but dont be discouraged if the plant puts on more yellow leaves until it mends itself just saying,im really surprised there not worse than they are,im actually impressed ocean went this far without feed

Top Bottom