Rusty leaves

• Thread starter TheNman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheNman

Alright guys,

Now, i know i should know this kinda shit by now, but since i really don't get deficiencies, i'm no expert on them...
alright... barely non-noob...:drunk

Anyhoo, i've got these 3 pics of 3 leaves at various stages.

http://i65.invalid.com/albums/h221/666norton420/100_0736.jpg

http://i65.invalid.com/albums/h221/666norton420/100_0738.jpg

http://i65.invalid.com/albums/h221/666norton420/100_0729.jpg

The new leaves have also started getting ridged, almost like a nute lockup, but not nearly as severe.

I'm thinking it's just mag deficiency, but i'm not sure....
And if so, should i just use some epson salts in my hydro or should i get some cal-mag....

lol
Wouldn't you know it...
My buddy and i were looking at some threads just last week about people using cal-mag and i was all like: "pfft.. i don't even need to use that shit... i never have problems"...

Fucking universe, with it's twisted sense of humor....

Anyhoo.... comments/answers?

T

TheNman

Looks like calcium def. to me . RB

Ya?
Cause it looks like pics i've seen of mg deficiency.

I'm sure you've got a reason behind your diagnosis....?
I'm all ears.... well, not really.... i have many different body parts...
but ya. :D

C

chickenn

before you toss something else in the pot, may i ask what you have been feeding them, brand, and how much and how often ?

what is your runoff ph ? ppm ?

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Chicken is correct. Can you get a PH reading of your nutes goin in and then take a reading of the run-off. Soil,coco, hydro? I am going to try to post a couple of pics .
Pic. 1 is Magnesium deficient
Pic. 2 is Calcium Deficient

Magnesium def
Calcium Def
og dmc

og dmc

I would like to see a pic of the overall plant. Is it just one or two plants that are affected or is it most of them?

T

TheNman

Chicken is correct. Can you get a PH reading of your nutes goin in and then take a reading of the run-off. Soil,coco, hydro? I am going to try to post a couple of pics .
Pic. 1 is Magnesium deficient
Pic. 2 is Calcium Deficient

Ya, i think you're right RB, looks like cal def.

As for my ppm and ph, it's a constant flow, so the run off is the same as the rez, but it's sitting at about 820ppm and 6.2ph.
Normal for my system.

Sorry, i still don't like posting pics of whole plants in public, as i don't live alone.

Also, yesterday after posting this thread, i added my once a week dosage of grozyme, nutri-plus thrive and diamond nectar. Today, the leaves are flattening out, so hopefully that continues. :D

T

TheNman

I would like to see a pic of the overall plant. Is it just one or two plants that are affected or is it most of them?

All of them OG; they're on hydro tables.
No public pics though.

og dmc

og dmc

bses to eror on the side of caution. If you use treated water , you will def need calmag suplements. Is this the first time it has happened to you? Anyway, my money is on cal/mag def. I read a thread once from a reputable grow guru that stated 90% of nute def are cal mag.
Good luck

T

TheNman

bses to eror on the side of caution. If you use treated water , you will def need calmag suplements. Is this the first time it has happened to you? Anyway, my money is on cal/mag def. I read a thread once from a reputable grow guru that stated 90% of nute def are cal mag.
Good luck

Ya, this is the first time it's been this bad. A few times i've seen some spots on some leaves, but never on many or anything to worry about.

I usually keep things clean, flowing and well covered, so deficiencies and toxicities aren't something i'm familiar with.

lol
So i guess i'm kinda embarrassed that i grow so well, i don't know shit about fixing my problems. :D

C

cd420

Hey bro i recently had the same troubles w/one strain i was flowering.Heres a couple things i found out that might help you fix your little problem.You can treat by foliar feeding w/1 tsp. dolomite lime or garden lime per quart or you can take crushed up dolomite lime or garden lime in a gallon of water and water it through the medium.1-2 tsp. per gallon which is slow-acting,garden gypsum which is medium absorption or limestone which is medium absorption,rock phosphate which is slow/medium absorption.Calcium is best absorbed in hydro/soil less mediums at ph of 5.4-5.8 the best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0-6.0 anything out of those ranges will contribute to a calcium def.Mag. is best absorbed in a hydro/soil less medium @ ph levels of 5.8-7 and gets locked out of hydro mediums @ ph levels of 2.0-5.7.Nutes that have Mag. in them are epsom salts which are fast absorption,dolomite lime/garden lime which is slow absorption.Sulfate of potash,magnesia which ismedium absorption and worm castings/crab shell which is slow absorption.Earth juice microblast which is fast acting and has alot of secondary nutes.I hope this can help you alittle i got all the info out of my guide to sick plants from planet ganja.It helped me out alot!!

T

TheNman

Hey bro i recently had the same troubles w/one strain i was flowering.Heres a couple things i found out that might help you fix your little problem.You can treat by foliar feeding w/1 tsp. dolomite lime or garden lime per quart or you can take crushed up dolomite lime or garden lime in a gallon of water and water it through the medium.1-2 tsp. per gallon which is slow-acting,garden gypsum which is medium absorption or limestone which is medium absorption,rock phosphate which is slow/medium absorption.Calcium is best absorbed in hydro/soil less mediums at ph of 5.4-5.8 the best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0-6.0 anything out of those ranges will contribute to a calcium def.Mag. is best absorbed in a hydro/soil less medium @ ph levels of 5.8-7 and gets locked out of hydro mediums @ ph levels of 2.0-5.7.Nutes that have Mag. in them are epsom salts which are fast absorption,dolomite lime/garden lime which is slow absorption.Sulfate of potash,magnesia which ismedium absorption and worm castings/crab shell which is slow absorption.Earth juice microblast which is fast acting and has alot of secondary nutes.I hope this can help you alittle i got all the info out of my guide to sick plants from planet ganja.It helped me out alot!!

Thanks cd420!
i found a diagram on here that shows what you've said, but in picture forum.
Very interesting.
I'm getting some cal-mag today, so hopefully i'll be good!

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Did you try lowering your water/nutes ph to say 6.0-6.2? There might be calcium there, but if that ph is a little high it can stop being absorbed in the plant. Just a thought bro. ROOT

edit: sorry , I just read your ph is 6.2. Is this soil?

T

TheNman

Did you try lowering your water/nutes ph to say 6.0-6.2? There might be calcium there, but if that ph is a little high it can stop being absorbed in the plant. Just a thought bro. ROOT

edit: sorry , I just read your ph is 6.2. Is this soil?

Naw bro, it's hydro.
i read that allowing your ph to drift slightly over the course of flowering, some find that get better results.

The 6.2 was the high end reading, which i measured right before posting.

I usually keep it between 5.8 - 6.4, again, the drift.
I just put some cal-mag in a few hours ago, so we'll see.

Top Bottom