Rusty Spots Drying Leaves

• Thread starter maimunji
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

maimunji

Maybe I want to much of my soil I think plants will finish veg without deficiency but ....

Apollo13

Apollo13

I think the soils too hot.. looks like too much nutrients to me. Tips of teeth on edges burned. Burns roots, makes deficiencies. What kind of dirt is it? If it's good dirt, and environment is good, Seamaiden again is probably right.

M

maimunji

Hi Showmegreen I give them only tap water and spray with tap water no feed with nute. Light is 600 mh.
Hi Apollo 13 I always wait week between watering but plants no dropped, it is possible some hot spot on roots only one plant have this symptoms. Maybe I need to give them fresh start with flush then wait plants to dry and then start feeding.I don't know. Flush or feed? I noticed burn tips and I also thing it is too hot and give them only water.
Enviro is good.

Apollo13

Apollo13

in the tent, the back plant on the right has pillowy leaves like over watering. then it also has (the claw) nitrogen toxicity. I assume that light green plant has a issue in the front right as well lIke overwatering. I really think dirt too hot of mix for a few. My opinion is get some happy frog or fox farms dirt, brew some ewc heisenburg teas, get a cheap moisture meter from meijers, drive spikes of meter deep into root ball and water when needle or gauge reads 4 or less. works great for my father.

Apollo13

Apollo13

tea will make billions of microbes that will digest organic matter in ur soil to make all the food your plants need. I have grown 3 entire plant cycles in the same dirt with tea in 5 gallon pots. I could have gone more I'm sure since it went into greenhouse and grew tomatoes a couple years. Not ideal, but will work without extra nutrients. Did u say what dirt u use?

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

Whats the ppm of your tap? The last run of pics looks as if a beginning of salt spike and lock out. the ppm of tap is only an indicator, an analysis of your water will tell you what is actually happening, per mineral content and lock out issues caused by %'s of trace present. If your aquifer is like where I live the tap changes with the run off and the dry season that follows. It's only stable round here Oct. till April.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Foliar spray light was on ,possible burn from lights?
With a 4gl pot, how long have the plants been running and once a week is to long a wait. How much light are they under, whats the temp and rh? I think yer plants may be running dry and having trouble accessing nutes. Get some organic nutes and revamp yer feeding schedules. Something like 2days feed 1 day off 1 day plain water ph'd 1 day off and repeat. This is just based on what I've learned over the years. Idk why anyone would grow in soil indoors. With so many great alternatives like coco and other soilless medias that dont necessarily have to be active hydroponics systems, like ebb and flood, nft or aero. Why would you limit your yields using soil wich will choose when and how to deliver specific nutrients when you can be in charge of that aswell? If indoors your already in charge of temps, humidity, Photoperiod and what not. Im just saying...

M

maimunji

Hi Apollo 13 soil is no name brand in my country. I grown in this soil for years under sun in pots in my terrace without issues, only difference this time I add little worm casting, soil ph is 5.5-6.5. I always add perlite and epsom salt also. Soil is light and airy. I flush this damage plant last night with 3x water and now I will wait how she respond. Transplant is not posibble because I do lst and plant branches is tied down and cach to pot.
Hi Bull Trout I don't have ppm tds meter and I don't know es but I grown with great sussex with my tap water before.

M

maimunji

Hi Mr. X 5 week under Cfl and 2 week under Mh 600w . Temp max hit 28 C, humidity between 50 and 60.
Explain please how to water almost every day without overwater issue. I alwais give water and wait run off about 30 % then wait and watering when pots is completely dry I can take up pots with one hand.

Last edited:
Apollo13

Apollo13

I too add ewc, but I make Heisenberg tea for dro, then mix solids into my soil. I don't have issues with ewc.
If I use a light soil, 3 gallon fabric pots, it's 80 degrees or hotter, and my plant is decent size. I have to water daily. If I use the same everything but a plastic regular plant pot, it will hold moisture for 3-5 days in the same environment.
By elimination, if soil good, light is good, temp and ph is good. water is all that's left.
I would've flushed too, safer then adding. Let us know if it works.

M

maimunji

For me it is possible. I have a lot of experience with mould outdoor but I have strong extractor and oscillating fan and my humidity is good.

S

smoothbud

Surer looks like potas def. I would say give em some liquid silica(potassium silicate). It will also help with heat stress. you can just add some to your water easy enuf.

M

maimunji

Thank, to all good people in farm for knowledge and support.

M

maimunji

3 days after flush she look good a lot of new growths but spots continue to spreads slowly. Will wait, plant to dry and will feed with little bloom nute.

20150621 183038
Last edited:
Top Bottom