S.O.S what's going on with these leaves!? Please help me :)

• Thread starter ErthnGarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ErthnGarden

ErthnGarden

See pictures.
Ppm 405
Ph 5.8
Temp 77
Humidity 60%
20/4 light schedule
Dwc 5gal bucket with marshydro ts1000.
Nutrients: floratrio, hydroguard and magiCal, started on 1/2 strength of what the bottle directions tell you. Just started floratrio 2 days ago, hydraguard and magical started 10 days ago. Started germination via paper towel on 11/6.

Sos whats going on with these leaves please help me
Sos whats going on with these leaves please help me 2
Sos whats going on with these leaves please help me 3
JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Those are just the very early leaves, it might just grow out of it in a few days

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Have you checked the calibration of your pH meter / also am I understanding that you haven't fed those plants nutrients until two days ago?

ErthnGarden

ErthnGarden

They're only 20 days from start of germination. Started floratrio a couple days ago but been using hydroguard and magiCal since they transferred to buckets about 10days ago. Read online that you should start easy on nutrients so I reduced the amounts that the bottle directions call for. Calibrated ph meter maybe a week ago but will do that again today, thanks!

ErthnGarden

ErthnGarden

Have you checked the calibration of your pH meter / also am I understanding that you haven't fed those plants nutrients until two days ago?
Oh and this discoloration is only on 1 plant, the other 3 are fine.

ErthnGarden

ErthnGarden

For anyone who happens upon this thread here's the result. I love these forums, people are such a great help! But when im looking through threads sometimes I find that they match the info im looking for but not always the solution/end result. SO...
2 out of my 4 plants were looking distressed, see previous post pictures. What I learned was that the plant intakes certain nutrients at a certain ph range. I was keeping my ph below 6.0 which was preventing uptake of calcium and Magnesium. As soon as I allowed the ph to fluctuate to 6.5 the plants immediately stopped showing signs of deficiency and are living their best lives, pics added.

20201208 233052
20201208 233157
a4twenty

a4twenty

plants will vary slightly but the acceptable range for hydro is 5.5 - 6.5 with 5.8 - 6.2 being more desirable and some preferring 5.8 - 6.0. as you mentioned ph plays a role in nutrient uptake but it works both ways, too low may hinder certain elements while too high others.

something to consider is that the ph level will vary depending on whether your plants are using more water or nutrients. so if you set your ph at 6.5 at the start of the week, it wont necessarily stay at 6.5 through out the week. it would be wise to check your reservoirs ph several times through out its life as adjustments may be needed.

plants are coming along nicely

ErthnGarden

ErthnGarden

plants will vary slightly but the acceptable range for hydro is 5.5 - 6.5 with 5.8 - 6.2 being more desirable and some preferring 5.8 - 6.0. as you mentioned ph plays a role in nutrient uptake but it works both ways, too low may hinder certain elements while too high others.

something to consider is that the ph level will vary depending on whether your plants are using more water or nutrients. so if you set your ph at 6.5 at the start of the week, it wont necessarily stay at 6.5 through out the week. it would be wise to check your reservoirs ph several times through out its life as adjustments may be needed.

plants are coming along nicely
Thank you so much! I got a chart with ph levels/nutrients uptake levels which helped explain that alot. At first I was keeping the ph below 6.0 everyday, to many ph adjustments. I stopped being a paranoid plant parent and here we are 😄.

Latest posts

Top Bottom