S1, S2, S3 can i change anything?

• Thread starter xX Kid Twist Xx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
I was just wondering if its possible to change the out come of selfing a plant. If i was to make an S1 of a plant and pick the best offspring out of 50 or 100 S1 seeds.

If i found a great plant say in a Bubba Kush S1 and i chose to self this plant would it be any differnt if i just selfed one of its sisters? Could I in future generations keep breeding/selfing down the line removing any unwanted plants change the outcome or would it be the same if i just did it randomly?

Is it possible to remove unwanted traits this way? say i took the Chemdog D cut and only used plants that didn't herm naturally. could I then end up with a Chemdog D that will only herm from chemicals By the S4 or S5 generation? I could then sell hermi free Chemdog D fem seeds that i would also select to be damm near identical to the Chemdog D cut?

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Kid Twist, When I go through selfed seeds...lets take JoJo's Trainwreck seeds, they are S1 seeds! But looking through the seeds as you grow them out, there are different phenoes...no matter how you look at that there are plants just like non selfed seeds, some more potent than the others or even the clone only cut, some shorter plants, some more branchy plants! And when looking at more selfed seeds, say, Bubba Kush S1 seeds, Blueberry S1 seeds, Chemdog D S1 seeds, you may find even more wide swing of the pheno types! Hope that helps you out! monkey5

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Makes sense bro.. Sounds like alot of selective breeding to me.. Would take a very very long time and whole whole lot of attention to detail.. Sounds feasible though..

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah i was wondering if i only selfed the no hermi chems(only the ones i can turn with CS) can i possibly weed out the hermi trait? Like i S1 Chemdog D outa 50 seeds i find a good Chemdog D pheno that dosent spit nanners easily. i then self this one for the S2 generation and find another Chemdog D phenotype that doesn't herm. so i then self that one for the S3 generation and so on. will my outcome be any differnt then if i just kept selfing random offspring from the same seeds? Or since im only using one plant will those genes be there no mater what way i go, and the S4 or S5 generation are exactly the same as the S1 generation?

S

SoCalDam

I was just wondering if its possible to change the out come of selfing a plant. If i was to make an S1 of a plant and pick the best offspring out of 50 or 100 S1 seeds.

If i found a great plant say in a Bubba Kush S1 and i chose to self this plant would it be any differnt if i just selfed one of its sisters? Could I in future generations keep breeding/selfing down the line removing any unwanted plants change the outcome or would it be the same if i just did it randomly?

Is it possible to remove unwanted traits this way? say i took the Chemdog D cut and only used plants that didn't herm naturally. could I then end up with a Chemdog D that will only herm from chemicals By the S4 or S5 generation? I could then sell hermi free Chemdog D fem seeds that i would also select to be damm near identical to the Chemdog D cut?
What up Twist! I believe if u took that 1 in a 100 pheno type off some s1 seeds then selfed it, u would probably have more similar traits to that particular one than the original batch of s1 seeds. Now I believe if u decided to keep selfing this line down from s1,s2,s3 etc. I believe u would probably start washing out the genetics and creating all sorts of problems. I have never done that so it may not be 100% acurate, but a good analogy would be; Imagine if you had kids with your sister, then they had kids with their sisters, then they had kids with their sisters. Probably end up with some Hills have eys shit or something right. So, I would think this same law probably pertains to cannabis as well. I hope that makes sense. Btw, my harvest is coming up in a couple weeks so I'll have those dry Blackberry nugs for u to compare with the dry pics u showed me. Cheers mate! :animbong:

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

Imagine if you had kids with your sister, then they had kids with their sisters, then they had kids with their sisters. Probably end up with some Hills have eys shit or something right. So, I would think this same law probably pertains to cannabis as well. I hope that makes sense. Btw, my harvest is coming up in a couple weeks so I'll have those dry Blackberry nugs for u to compare with the dry pics u showed me. Cheers mate! :animbong:
actually plants respond quite favorably to inbreeding an is used by many to stabilize a seed line to be more unified phenos... this would be referd to as an IBL or inbredline.... but would be typically done with using the latter generrations to be crossed back to the orig p1 stock.... im not sure if you could use just pure selfing to stabilize a line.... imo everfy time you self a plant to hit itself with your making s1 beans... not creating an s2-s3-s4... az

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Btw, my harvest is coming up in a couple weeks so I'll have those dry Blackberry nugs for u to compare with the dry pics u showed me. Cheers mate! :animbong:

Hey SoCalDam, would you throw up some pics of your Blackberry Kush plant for us all? I'd love to see her in flower and the nug shots. I'd love to get a pack of seeds or a clone of her. Thanks hommie!

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

i made s1's from 1 bag seed i found in a half oz, however before i did i ran it in less than ideal conditions to make sure it was stable enough and wouldnt hermie....these s1's have never thrown 1 nanner.....but since this is chem which was already a bag seed that was turned into the s1's you have want to self, i would be worried about hermies but only because of the genetics...try running the chems in less than i deal conditions and weed out the most sensitive.....good luck CS is awesome

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey bro's, how are ya'll making your CS sprays for s1's? Let me rephrase that, what ppm are ya'll running? Are ya'll making it via cs generator, or can a store bought spray work as long as it has high enough ppms? Would anyone share their technique for making S1's? I'd like to hear other's methods vs mine? Thanx

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

whats up tex,

i put 2- 1 ounce silver coins hooked with alligator clips to a 9 volt 2.2 a batter...the hang them in a mason jar holding about 3/4 of a liter of DISTILLED water...plug it in and let it sit overnight(around 12 hours)......then i put into a spray bottle, in a dark place...i start spraying twice a day....for 2 weeks prior to flip and continue until 2 weeks of 12/12..then i stop....at around 4-5 weeks when there's a good flower set i cut individual branches of the CS treated plant and hang them over a piece of black paper with the stems in a cup a water.....with in 7 days you will have tons of pollen on that paper

to answer your question, ive never tested the ppm's or anything, i dont think thats quite necessary as long as the instructions are followed

i usually make 2 batches each reversal...one spray bottle full for first two weeks before flip and another for the last two, as long as the bottles are kept in a dark cool place they will last at least 2 weeks...ive used this method successfully on 5 reversals

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! DJM, thank you sooo much hommie!! That was a very clearly written, understandable, and well thought out explanation, bro. Thank you, thank you!! Shit, you hit the nail right on the head, I have no further questions.. :rock

Much appreciated man!!!!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DonJuanMatus again.

R

Rocky Mtn High

Whats up Twist, just saying whats up as I can't PM yet, lol

S

SoCalDam

Hey SoCalDam, would you throw up some pics of your Blackberry Kush plant for us all? I'd love to see her in flower and the nug shots. I'd love to get a pack of seeds or a clone of her. Thanks hommie!

Ya brotha, u know who to call! I do have a private reserve of about 20 of my s1 blackberry seeds I was saving for something but maybe we can work something out. Here's a shot from my last run and the lower pic is from my current run at day 50 today. I know the quality of the pic is kinda bad because of the lights and you would like to see all the colors I see but it's what I gotta work with bro! Stay up!

BlackBerry re sized final

Blackberry day 50

DNhappy

DNhappy

Hi everyone so just wondering if I made S1 seeds and they came out great and I wanted to do a second selfing from the S1 seeds that would be S2 right? Would the S2 seeds come out less potent because of that? I heard once you get to S3 is when the genes starts to decline. Also is there a difference in s1 and S1? Anyone have any experience on this? I'm making a lot of different S1 seeds from my whole garden for future reserve since I'm leaving for work and gotta shut everything down. Just hope they come out like the original clone I have!!!

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

yeah i was wondering if i only selfed the no hermi chems(only the ones i can turn with CS) can i possibly weed out the hermi trait? Like i S1 Chemdog D outa 50 seeds i find a good Chemdog D pheno that dosent spit nanners easily. i then self this one for the S2 generation and find another Chemdog D phenotype that doesn't herm. so i then self that one for the S3 generation and so on. will my outcome be any differnt then if i just kept selfing random offspring from the same seeds? Or since im only using one plant will those genes be there no mater what way i go, and the S4 or S5 generation are exactly the same as the S1 generation?
I know this is really old but im curious if you learned anything useful. I know that using CS can actually cause plants down line to germie EASIER because they have been selectively bred and fed a mutagen before reproduction. Every subsequent generation after that will adopt those mutations deeper and deeper into there genes intil BAM one of their recessive alleles is the hermie trait. And then bam, the more you back cross and try to stabilize, the deeper you incorporate the mutation. you were on to the right idea at the start, if you find a pheno that you love, back crossing it with its parent will reinforce those traits, then you take the new seeds and back cross them with the plant tou just took them from and soon enough tou have a stabilized f2. THEN hit it with the CS to get a bunch of fem seeds that will more or less be identical to the parent. now ive only been researching selective breeding for a couple years so maybe someone that knows more than me can either verify my findings or tell me why im wrong, but so far, this has been my observation.

E

Elsydro

A triploid would accomplish this goal for sure, this how seedless watermelon are made, turn it into a diploid, the tetraploid, which when crossed tetraploid with diploid create a tripl[id, which WILL BE STERILE unless hit with another triploid

Top Bottom