S1 to S2 from fem seed stock

• Thread starter Hoosier_grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hoosier_grower

Hoosier_grower

Hey farmers long time grower but looking to preserve a few varieties in my library selected out of fem seed stock without outcrossing .... a feminized Triangle kush s1 for instance...my question is if I take 2 cuts of the tks1, let one grow into the target plant/ female & apply sts to the other one, the soon to be ā€œpollen donor plantā€ are their any inherent dangers with making s2 out of fem stock in particular as opposed to regs ? Thoughts

also if I made s2 or s3 and later hit it back to the original clone only mother plant as a bx would that be a true BX and would that be a way to reintroduce hybrid vigor without bringing in different genetic material ? Sorry Iā€™m an amateur when it comes to breeding

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I've heard mixed things on using fems for breeding. One bit of advice said that you will end up with plants prone to popping male flowers.

But others say it depends on how the breeder made the fems and whether the breeder stress-tested the fems to make sure they aren't prone to throwing a few pollen sacks. If they were stress tested, they should be OK.

I recently grew out a regular seed strain that had a fem as one of the parents. There were no problems with them. No male flowers appeared.

notillgopher

notillgopher

There's a reason why the word insest exists. Although you may feel a tingle to explore, Just like your sister, nature does;t need you fucking with it. A little innocent making of S1's, call it taking a peek, fine, but taking any further may lead to regret.šŸ¤£

GYOweed

GYOweed

Hey farmers long time grower but looking to preserve a few varieties in my library selected out of fem seed stock without outcrossing .... a feminized Triangle kush s1 for instance...my question is if I take 2 cuts of the tks1, let one grow into the target plant/ female & apply sts to the other one, the soon to be ā€œpollen donor plantā€ are their any inherent dangers with making s2 out of fem stock in particular as opposed to regs ? Thoughts

also if I made s2 or s3 and later hit it back to the original clone only mother plant as a bx would that be a true BX and would that be a way to reintroduce hybrid vigor without bringing in different genetic material ? Sorry Iā€™m an amateur when it comes to breeding
Hope you did it and left the bro science behind.

E9noxis

E9noxis

I am truly sorry about this... but also, what is f1 f2 and f3?

Latest posts

Top Bottom