Sad Does a Budget Grow: Entire Grow Under $150 USD

• Thread starter SadBadGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I wanted to create a journal for a budget grow. I want to show others that you don't need to spend a fortune to get some quality smoke. My plans are to keep this journal as simple and basic as possible. I'll provide everything I plan on using for the grow and their costs. I'll also include links to where each item can be purchased from. This grow will contain 2 different strains ONLY. I will be doing the entire grow from seed to harvest. Remember, this grow isn't to accomplish the best harvest ever. My goal is to ultimately keep the price under $150 for everything used besides power and water while still having a quality smoke in the end. If you are reading this, thank you for stopping in.

Let the Show Begin!!!

BigCube

BigCube

I wanted to create a journal for a budget grow. I want to show others that you don't need to spend a fortune to get some quality smoke. My plans are to keep this journal as simple and basic as possible. I'll provide everything I plan on using for the grow and their costs. I'll also include links to where each item can be purchased from. This grow will contain 2 different strains ONLY. I will be doing the entire grow from seed to harvest. Remember, this grow isn't to accomplish the best harvest ever. My goal is to ultimately keep the price under $150 for everything used besides power and water while still having a quality smoke in the end. If you are reading this, thank you for stopping in.

Let the Show Begin!!!

Huge fan of budget and micro grows.
Will be watching for sure!

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I want to start off with the area I will be using. I built a 3ft L x 3ft W by 4 and a half ft T grow box. I just used some 2x4's and plywood I had laying around. If you don't have any wood, Pallets could also be used to put something together. Call the right places and you can get them for free. I could get away with 2 properly trained plants in the area or just one bigger plant. Normally I use this box for clones and seedlings. Works wonders for me. So now that we got the area built, I want to name the materials that I will be using for this. I am sure I can cut a few costs if I really wanted but this is what I am using.

I will be using the same light throughout the entire grow. I wanted the light to be the most costly item on this list. If you searched places like Craigslist, OfferUp and Letgo, you may get lucky and find a used HPS set-up for cheaper then the LED I will be using. You'll be growing a plant that takes a couple months, it doesn't hurt to look around and see what's out there. The light I picked for this grow is a Morsen 1000w LED full spectrum LED. For the price of only $45, I personally can't complain about the light too much. I do not own a meter to test the draw at the wall. $49.99

Since I am only doing a total of 2 plants, I don't need too much soil for the grow. I am a personal fan of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and that is what I will be using for this grow as well. I will be doing this grow in 1 gallon fabric pots and starting off in a 16 oz Solo cup. Fox Farms sells a bag on Ebay or Amazon in the $17 price range. I will only need the 12 quart bag for the grow. $16.66

Moving onto the nutrients of the grow, I stick to what I know and what's been working. I do all my shopping on Amazon or Ebay so everything is an online order away. Anyways, I will be using the Fox Farm trio along with Cal-Mag from General Hydroponics. I am sure you can find a different combo of nutrients if you looked around as well. $25 & $17

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I'm in on this 1 for sure.........

there people out there that need it and cant buy it and feel they can't grow cause of the time and Cost........
My first and second grow were a complete disaster. Looking back, I still don't know how I kept them alive. The problem today for a new grower is the abundance of items on the market plus the overload of information.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Since I have the most important things of the grow out, let's take a look at the other items I'll need and what can make life easier for me in the grow. Now if you are handy, you can take an old pair of jeans and cut the legs off. Close those holes by sewing and you would have free pots to grow in. ( Just an option ) but I am not handy so I will be using 2 plastic pots from Dollar Tree instead of the fabrics. Fabric pots work much better to grow in but I want to keep this as cheap as possible. You can buy fabrics online though pretty cheap. Here's 10 for under $10. $2

Now unless you sit home all day, every day 24-7, I suggest you get a timer for your light. This just makes life a little easier so you don't need to worry about turning your lights on and off. $7

I should have added this into the first post because it is important. Now if you have fans laying around AWESOME. If not, bummer. My grow rooms are dialed in but I will need to add a fan for this grow. So on to the list she goes. Air movement is very important. Specially when we get to flower. I don't like moldy buds....I am sure you don't either. Check Craigslist and so on again to see if you can save in this area. If not, no biggy, you don't need a tornado. I personally never used this fan before but if it blows air.....it should be more then enough.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Since I am in a smaller enclosed box, I can paint the walls white and reflect the light as much as possible. It's not the best idea, but it will work some. Maybe you can get lucky and go to Dollar Tree or a dollar store and buy windshield reflectors. I want to make it easy on myself and grab some Mylar sheeting to line the inside of the box too. $5 for 2 sheets.....sweet!!!!

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Now that the basics are out and you have everything ready to go...…...Seeds, where and how to get them. Ask a friend, buy a bag, they are not hard to find at all.

I'll upload some pics of my setup and all the items. Hopefully will have this grow going as soon as possible. I'll have to check back and get my total costs so far. I doubt I am over...maybe I'll have change left for papers and a gram haha.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Lol same. But lately I've been trying to spend less time in the tents and more time with the stuff that comes out of the tents 🤣
I hear you there. I keep telling myself to wait a little between my grows but that never works out.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Please note, there are many ways to start a grow off cheap. Just take your time and do your research. Look for what kind of grow would fit your space and situation best. I do not run filters in my grow. I do not suggest this if you are trying to keep things low-key. There are ways to mask the smell but a filter, intakes and exhaust would be needed to completely hide the smell. So please remember that I do NOT have filters of any kind in my grow.

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

I love this simple yet perfect tutorial. I read everything I could for a month before venturing to this forum, and it's been so amazing in how easy you can be educated by reading every forum topic before asking questions from the growers here.

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

Love the thread. My entire grow room and my hydro system is scrounged materials for the most part. I spent my dollars on a good quality water pump, and a good quality air pump.
Best money I spent tho, whether hydro or soil...was a digital pH meter and a ppm meter. 13 bucks each on Amazon.
I always used to grow by the seat of my pants...having these meters literally quadrupled my yields. Imo, an absolute must for any grower...especially new ones...

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I love this simple yet perfect tutorial. I read everything I could for a month before venturing to this forum, and it's been so amazing in how easy you can be educated by reading every forum topic before asking questions from the growers here.
I just jumped right in first grow thinking it was a seed, how hard can it be....after the second grow, I knew I needed to start learning and reading.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Here is will the magic will happen over the next couple months...I was able to find reflective cardboard pieces. Taped them to the size and good to go. Free reflection material for the inside....Morsen light is now inside the box.

Budgetgrow
SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

The two strains I have picked out for this are Glue Cookies and Sour Diesel. Both I have purchased from New420GuySeeds. This is a bank I have used before with great success.

Top Bottom