Sad Does a Budget Grow: Entire Grow Under $150 USD

• Thread starter SadBadGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

This is the exact method I use for germination. If I have to use the plastic bag and paper towel, I put it over my modem box.

Germ
SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I was going to wait a few days before starting but since I got my seeds today, into the cups they go. Seeds dropped 2/3/2020. My plan is to veg them for 4 weeks then flip them into flower.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

A before and after of one of my plants. This is the method I will be using for the grow. It only had taken about 2 days for the plant to bounce back from all the cutting. Should end up with 8 even colas on each plant.

84059431 169921510914035 8108946955482169344 n
8colas
SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Seeds have tiny taproots barely showing from their shells. I like the root to be at least a half an inch or so before planting them in soil. With luck I should be planting them tomorrow morning. I'll give them another look later on tonight to see where they are.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

*Note* The Glue Cookies is a reg seed and the Sour D is a fem. If I do get a male from the Glue, I will be taking some pollen to chuck on a branch on one of my plants. I have yet to breed and I want to try my hand at a bud here and there to pollinate.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I forgot to add something to the list. I am only in the $130s so I can spare $10. I personally use these. Very accurate and easy to use. I am now at my $150 budget. I could have made it even cheaper if I really looked around like I shown in the other items.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

For first time users really, If you choose Fox Farm Ocean Forest as your soil, remember you won't need to feed the plant for a couple weeks. I have used this soil every time in all my grows so I know what I can get away with and what I can't. Normally, I start my feeds going into the second week after I transplant into her final pot. When I do start my feeding, I start at 25%-50% of WEEK 2 on the chart. The following week, I go to full strength. By this time, I usually know if I need to feed more or less. When I say more, that doesn't mean add more nutrients in the water. I add an extra feed in the week.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

1. Plant Seed in Solo Cup
2. Top Plant in Week 2 ( Usually Day 10-15 for me )
3. Transplant ( I transplant at minimum 72 hours after topping )
4. Get Plant Ready For LST ( Remove Top Fan Leaves )
5. Feeds Started & LST Applied
6. Apply Final Modifications Preparing for Flip ( I do a big defoliation here )
7. Flip For Flower
8. When Pistols Start Appearing I Then Add Bloom Nutes ( Tiger Bloom )

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

This is great! I learn a lot from you being a new grower. Actually my small experiment is also below $150 I think, but yours will probably do better =)

Looking forward to follow this!
Thanks for stopping in. Even if you don't do as good as you want, you still learn and get to apply that on your new grow. A lot is trial and error. At least it is for me.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

This is a cool thread! The more I browse this forum, the more I want to make a grow room that can handle 4 plants trained to 8 colas. I look forward to watching your babies grow!
Thanks! I just wanted to show new growers that you can still achieve good smoke while not having the best and top of the line things on the market. Things are just starting to get rolling, so sit back and enjoy the grow.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Seeds are now coming out of the domes during the day but back under at night. Most likely by Monday morning they'll be completely out of the domes. Growing nicely. No stretching as of yet.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Just grew a red dwarf useing 2 $25 spotlights from home depo and 1 $10 clamp , so i grew one for $60 lol, see pic, i use the spots and clamps for sidelight, a full spec bulb is a full spec bulb add the word grow and the price goes up a $100, my boy said i wasted my mony bc there not grow lights, so i had to prove a point.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Did you move the little ladies into the box yet?
I did. Sorry, I have been sick the last couple days. Nasty cold I couldn't get rid of. Both ladies are in the box and have been doing very well. I will get pics up later today.

Top Bottom