Sad dripping clone...

• Thread starter Db101r
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Db101r

What’s up everyone. First time grower. New room, medium is rock wool, room stays between 75 and 84 degrees, ppm is 750 ph has been 5.5-6.0. Plants started out ok and within a week I’ve woken up to two plants suddenly doing this. Some of the plants are getting brown spots but still growing. Please help!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

them are considered babies ,ppm at 750 a no no any roots at all? drop that ppm to about 200 to 250 for better luck at least to the get legs under them

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Got it. I’ll try that. Thank you!

3 times a day for 5 mins

That's your problem. After transplanting into the big blocks you shouldnt water them for like 5-7 days while the roots grow out. Not to mention 5 mins is way too long of an irrigation cycle unless you have the worlds weakest pump. You dont get to the point of frequent daily waterings until the plants are very big and roots are exploding out of the block everywhere, like 2-4 weeks after transplant.

You've swamped the roots, they're probably rotting.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Also it doesnt look like those cubes can drain very well sitting right on the plastic like that. They need to drain easily and freely in order to pull air into the top

You need to re-evaluate your strategy here honestly, I think you're in a bit over your head. But If you're keen on sticking with rockwool you need to do a lot more research. I'd suggest watching some of the just4growers videos on youtube, Everest does a bunch on rockwool. Here is one that sort of explains where you went wrong.

Top Bottom