Salted Chocolate Canna-ice Cream Syrup

• Thread starter King Julien
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
King Julien

King Julien

So this is some pretty good eats. It's easy to measure out a dose because you serve it by the spoonful and really something special on some good old fashioned vanilla ice cream. The more home made the better.

You'll need:

1 Cup and 2 Tablespoons Half and Half
1 Stick (4 Ounces) of Unsalted Butter
1/3 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
10 Ounces Bittersweet or Semisweet Chocolate
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 to 3/8 Teaspoon Sea Salt, Start with less and adjust to taste if needed.

Gently heat the half and half, butter, and brown sugar until it just starts to steam.

Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate, vanilla, and salt until the mixture is smooth.

Should be served warm over cold ice cream. To reheat simply place it in a bath of very hot water and stir occasionally. Over heating or over re-heating can lead to a burnt or bitter flavor in the chocolate so stick to gentle methods like the one listed above.

You can adjust the amount of canna-butter used in the total amount of butter to be able to use more or less at once for a serving/dose. As is it makes roughly 2 1/4 cups. So it's roughly 36 tablespoons and a tablespoon makes a decent serving of syrup on an average serving of ice cream.

A stick of butter with an average quarter in it makes roughly 28-56 doses depending on tolerance so that's roughly in the middle and where I generally leave it potency wise for me. I also like a little more syrup on my ice cream though.

Enjoy!

Latest posts

Top Bottom