Same day and night parameters an issue?

• Thread starter mikeross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

What would be the negative effects if all environmental parameters were the same during day and night cycles?

Temps, humidity, Co2 etc all at the same levels....

shenkerism

shenkerism

CO2 uptake drops steeply at night. If you have an "open loop" system (like a timer on a solenoid, no sensor) it would be pumping CO2 into the room that the plants would not use (until morning or leakage). If you have a sensor driving the addition of CO2 it would only be refilling what leaks out, not necessarily replenishing what is consumed by the plants. Other than that minor cost, my limited knowledge says probably not much.

mikeross

mikeross

The plants may not stretch much.

In my case that's a good thing. I'm setting up a room with 1k Gavitas with a 9' ceiling. Trying to keep plants below 4' which wasn't even going to be an issue with a scrog.

Here my issue....
I'm planning (2) 12k Gavita rooms running on a flip flop. Each room is only separated by a single wall. I have a 5 ton a/c with a damper package which cools both rooms on a flip flop kinda setup. Each room will have a quest 225. I'm concerned that 1 quest 225 unit will not be enough to keep humidity levels were I want them during lights out.

I figured if I recirculate the air between both rooms it should take care of my humidity issues. meaning lights might be out in 1 room but its sharing the a/c from the other and the other quest unit.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

In my case that's a good thing. I'm setting up a room with 1k Gavitas with a 9' ceiling. Trying to keep plants below 4' which wasn't even going to be an issue with a scrog.

Here my issue....
I'm planning (2) 12k Gavita rooms running on a flip flop. Each room is only separated by a single wall. I have a 5 ton a/c with a damper package which cools both rooms on a flip flop kinda setup. Each room will have a quest 225. I'm concerned that 1 quest 225 unit will not be enough to keep humidity levels were I want them during lights out.

I figured if I recirculate the air between both rooms it should take care of my humidity issues. meaning lights might be out in 1 room but its sharing the a/c from the other and the other quest unit.

This is above my pay grade but i do know a lung room is usually used to control these things. Air is conditioned in the lung room and circulated where needed.

Top Bottom