Same mother plant different seedlings?

• Thread starter Sick66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sick66

Sick66

I have a handful of seeds from 1 mother plant. I have 5 growing and they all look different... some have super fat leaves and short and some not as fat and taller. Can someone shine some light on this for me? The plant in the center is a bit older and they’ve all been topped

Same mother plant different seedlings
growsince79

growsince79

I have a handful of seeds from 1 mother plant. I have 5 growing and they all look different... some have super fat leaves and short and some not as fat and taller. Can someone shine some light on this for me? The plant in the center is a bit older and they’ve all been topped
Do you have any siblings that don't look identical to you?

growsince79

growsince79

Good enough answer for me. I was expecting a little closer resemblance to each other but you have a good point. Thanks
It really depends on genetics. Most stuff today is heinze57 polybrid mutts. Its like a box of chocolates... Even the most stable genetics will all be a little different.

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The one with the lighter tops might be more pH sensitive than the others.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
hmm... they are clones, they should be the same till you mess with them. if you look at the leaves nearer the bottom of the older ones they look like the others. the yellow could be something wrong, i dont know. but the genetics are the same, the expression should be the same till you do whatever to them. it is not just a sibling, it is a clone, more like an identical twin... they are replicas, more than anything. but i can be wrong, i am not a cannabis expert, i do however, have a tad of experience in genetics from a totally different aspect. (more evolutionary biology)

growsince79

growsince79

hmm... they are clones, they should be the same till you mess with them. if you look at the leaves nearer the bottom of the older ones they look like the others. the yellow could be something wrong, i dont know. but the genetics are the same, the expression should be the same till you do whatever to them. it is not just a sibling, it is a clone, more like an identical twin... they are replicas, more than anything. but i can be wrong, i am not a cannabis expert, i do however, have a tad of experience in genetics from a totally different aspect. (more evolutionary biology)
OP said they are siblings from seeds. He said nothing about clones.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ya each will grow its leaves to a size that it needs to transpire and photosynthesis based on watering and each plants watering needs and rate at which it takes in water, but a month or so down the line and without issues than they should really look the same.,

Top Bottom