Samsung 4'x2' strip build questions/help

• Thread starter Stoobeey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stoobeey

Stoobeey

My t5 8 bulb died today and need to get new light up and running fast (my old hydrofarm how is up for now but terrible coverage in closet)
This is only for veg

I did glance at spider farmer sf2000 bit wasn't sure how it compares to this build. Seeing as my build could maybe hit 300 with tax and shipping

I was looking at doing
In a 2' wide config
4x samsung fb22b
Hlg240-48 a or b what's different both from digikey
The heatsinks I buy I gather need to be the length of the strip? So roughly 44"? Heatsink.com site?
DBL sided thermal tape amazon
Power cord (was going to cut from dead light)
Wagos or wire nuts and wire which I'd probably grab at depot
Aluminum slat or bars to build a frame.
I presume an extra bar maybe to mount driver to?

I have extra ratchets

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Why not just get a 4foot 4 bulb t5 high bay light from the hardware store for less than 150$
If it's just for veg

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

The difference between a or b on the led drivers is the B version has a hook up for a dimmer

Stoobeey

Stoobeey

T5 lights
the entire point is to do away with T5 and switch to LED which in turn will save me another 100-200w of power (as ive already saved 400w of draw on my flower setup)
Also I initally tried a 4 light t5.. it sucked and didnt have the coverage i need in my layout. Its fine for small plants, but once i get them up to 2 and 5 gal bags no way.

im right at the 260 mark for a build of this including the frame parts. looking at just using flat aluminum slats instead of angled aluminum maybe.

Top Bottom