Samsung lm301b or lm301h?

• Thread starter HTCLeafLST
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wukongxiang

wukongxiang

This has been my first year growing inside. Two 2X2X4 tents. One I have a cheap Amazon sold light that has the option for blue and red or both. I leave both on, plants didn't like just red and the blue didn't really make them happy either. With both the blue for veg and the red for flower both turned on, it's like a pinkish color inside the tent. The other tent I have a VIVOSUN light that has the Samsung LM301H. I bought this light for $119. For the dude that responded just before me here, the LM301H LED Boards are NOT EXPENSIVE and they are a little different from the LM301B, it's slight, but they ARE DIFFERENT! For one, the LM301H is the brightest LED option on the market as of this moment I am writing this. So you can go and say they B's are the same as the H's is FAKE NEWS DUDE! Anyway, I have noticed the plants using the LM301H grow faster! They claim you can get up to 40% more yield in mass of plants, so yeah, I'll keep up with technology and use the LM301H, even though they are close to the LM301B, STILL NOT THE SAME!

I will admit that you were right that there is a slight difference between the two LEDs but the difference isn't the brightness of them, its the chromaticity areas that each LED can be in. The LM301B has a wide range of bins that each spectrum intensity can fall in including MacAdam 3 step ellipse bin where the LM301H mostly uses the MacAdam 5 step ellipse. The MacAdam ellipse region on a chromaticity diagram can change the coloration of each LED slightly. The difference between the LED coloration in the MacAdam ellipse is not extremely crucial within growing. This is why the Samsung Rep can say that there is no difference between the 2 in the aspect of horticulture.

DaktaS

DaktaS

I'd like to reference nicemachines.
Yes there definitely is a big difference between the LM301B and LM301H.
The LM301B has 1w x2.3 efficiency.
The LM301H has 1w x3.1 efficiency.
If you do the math, the 320w LM301H has the equivalency of 992w of light power in terms of HPS.
That's really really good.
Only caveat is that you will need to spend at least a week in 18/6 ramping up the light intensity slowly to get to 100%.
Now it's 2022 and they have stepped up the game by introducing LM351H (Infrared) diodes along side the LM301H diodes which not only has the 1w x3.1 efficiency. but the added benefit of Infrared spectrum which increases yeilds once more.
IR is something our Sun gives to our outside plants, it's that competitive advantage nature has that now can be mimicked inside.
A good Super Soil and this LED light combination and it's a win.
LED technology has come a long way.
https://whitecloudhorticulture.com/products/qpx350?_pos=26&_sid=bc62da99d&_ss=r

Last edited:
T

TDally

This has been my first year growing inside. Two 2X2X4 tents. One I have a cheap Amazon sold light that has the option for blue and red or both. I leave both on, plants didn't like just red and the blue didn't really make them happy either. With both the blue for veg and the red for flower both turned on, it's like a pinkish color inside the tent. The other tent I have a VIVOSUN light that has the Samsung LM301H. I bought this light for $119. For the dude that responded just before me here, the LM301H LED Boards are NOT EXPENSIVE and they are a little different from the LM301B, it's slight, but they ARE DIFFERENT! For one, the LM301H is the brightest LED option on the market as of this moment I am writing this. So you can go and say they B's are the same as the H's is FAKE NEWS DUDE! Anyway, I have noticed the plants using the LM301H grow faster! They claim you can get up to 40% more yield in mass of plants, so yeah, I'll keep up with technology and use the LM301H, even though they are close to the LM301B, STILL NOT THE SAME!

Sorry to revive an old thread but, i just want to let you know that there is a newer LM301H version, the "LM301H EVO" which improves efficiency up to 3.14 Āµmol/J from the outdated original LM301H 3.1 Āµmol/J , and that means 60% more yield in mass of plants so im using that now and my plants grow so fast that they look like the "Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant" , so yeah, original lm301h sucks, long live EVO's!!!!

Anthem

Anthem

Sorry to revive an old thread but, i just want to let you know that there is a newer LM301H version, the "LM301H EVO" which improves efficiency up to 3.14 Āµmol/J from the outdated original LM301H 3.1 Āµmol/J , and that means 60% more yield in mass of plants so im using that now and my plants grow so fast that they look like the "Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant" , so yeah, original lm301h sucks, long live EVO's!!!!
So let me see if I understand what you are saying. You have a new chip that is 1.29 percent more efficient and you are getting 60 percent more yield.
That makes Zero sense. There are too many factors that also influence the yield to attribute a 1.29 percent difference in efficiency to increasing yields by 60 percent

T

TDally

So let me see if I understand what you are saying. You have a new chip that is 1.29 percent more efficient and you are getting 60 percent more yield.
That makes Zero sense. There are too many factors that also influence the yield to attribute a 1.29 percent difference in efficiency to increasing yields by 60 percent
Yeah I know, but i'd recommend you to re-read my post and see to who i am replying to and you'll understand and have a better picture of why i am exaggerating those numbers šŸ˜‰

Anthem

Anthem

Yeah I know, but i'd recommend you to re-read my post and see to who i am replying to and you'll understand and have a better picture of why i am exaggerating those numbers šŸ˜‰
So you are in here kicking up dust about a 2 year old post. Are you sure the guy is not referring to his purple light. Either way kick up all the dust you want. I have no skin in this thread

T

TDally

Great! im glad to hear that i can kick more dust with updated information about leds in an 2yr old post (last post being last year) and not being reported YAY!!!!

Well, back to the topic, id rather get a lm301b qb than lm301h/h evo mainly because with a good binning there's almost no difference and they are cheaper...

08978675x

08978675x

So it looks like the prices have dropped a bit since Tdaily's last post. How is the argument now between the two diodes?

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

The new EVO 301H goes down to 435nm.

Mammoth Lighting has a light called the Mint White Series that uses both the EVO 301H, and the 310B n combination, as well as a far red 730nm diodes. Its spectrum goes from 435nm ro 730nm. Comes in either 880w, or 680w.

The 880w is 2613umol, and has 3752 diodes on 8 bars. 469 diodes per bar.

Has an overall Kelvin of 4500k.

Last edited:
SSgrower

SSgrower

Hey so I saw this thread and I know I'm a bit late but I'd like to share some personal experience and opinion based on what I've learned. Samsung diode lm301h is actually more effective in transferring energy from electrons. Depending on who builds the board you are looking at 2.7-3.03 Ī¼mol/J for the lm301h. The lm301b tops at about 2.7-2.8. So there is a difference but it's subtle. Running a 3500k spectrum with either diode you will achieve about the same results (assuming all other conditions are the same). Unfortunately new growers focus so much on these little things that they forget the magic is in the soil and nutrients. My advice is go with the cheaper diode and spend the extra money on a good organic potting soil and/or quality genetics. Those two factors will be weather you grow top shelf or not. I currently run a 480 watt QB lm30lh (dimmable) and a 480 watt lm301b, both with IR and UV chips and honestly they both look to be affecting the plants the same. That's my 2cents āœŒļø
Yes, there is a difference also a phosphorus lens coating if I remember correctly.SS

Latest posts

Top Bottom