San Diego, 1st indoor, 4x4 tent, soil, organic grow journal

• Thread starter stp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stp

stp

It takes time and patience. Especially when you're switching mediums (indoor vs outdoor).

Your grow can be simple. You dont need to go crazy on environmental mistakes. Think of nature in general. Completely uncontrolled and ever changing. If the plant really HAD TO HAVE no more than 60% humidity EVER this plant would have gone extinct long ago.

Do what you can to reproduce "optimal" grow conditions, otherwise keep it simple. Create the best setup possible and make tweaks if they're needed. These plants are called weed for a reason lol You could drop a seed in dogshit come spring and that thing will grow.

Most people create their own mistakes. Too much nutrients or not enough. A light timer failed and she went into flower early or interrupted her bedtime. From what I see making a simple thing overly complicated before a grower is prepared to identify mistakes; or signs of damage, without someone's input is the root cause for failed grows.

I find "super hot" peppers are harder to grow than MJ. A plant is a plant. Some people have a knack for it while others need time to learn.

Dont kick yourself while you're down man. That's the easy way out. You will do better next time.
On the flip, I had problem with the timers and for two days they did not work right, so I am wondering if those issues would have taken this long to manifest. I hate the fact the tent takes up so much room, I am thinking I want to grow fewer plants, like one in a big pot. I see light glowing from the inside out, but never checked the other way....I am looking into either a smaller tent or a solid box and one or two plants, I don't need this big, but I need a much nicer set up. The issue with wanting to quit is the fact I am renting and have a LL who I have had to deal with and it stressed me out, then family want to come over...I just need something smaller. Thank you for talking me off the ledge. SO what do I do now? Shut it down or keep it going?

HiDaze

HiDaze

On the flip, I had problem with the timers and for two days they did not work right, so I am wondering if those issues would have taken this long to manifest. I hate the fact the tent takes up so much room, I am thinking I want to grow fewer plants, like one in a big pot. I see light glowing from the inside out, but never checked the other way....I am looking into either a smaller tent or a solid box and one or two plants, I don't need this big, but I need a much nicer set up. The issue with wanting to quit is the fact I am renting and have a LL who I have had to deal with and it stressed me out, then family want to come over...I just need something smaller. Thank you for talking me off the ledge. SO what do I do now? Shut it down or keep it going?
Future forward, light out = light in. Already learning dude!

Check out some LST or SCROG. A single plant can offer big grows. My current project is a single plant in a 15 gal container. Takes up a 3.5×3.5 foot print tent all by herself.

Sounds to me like you have a few items to adjust. LL - yeah. Only way to change that is moving or a candid conversation. Family / visitors - a controlled growing with a sealed space and activated charcoal filter = 0 scent. Put it in a place most guests wont enter, problem solved.

As for your last question... shit... that's up to you. I dont grow for financial compensation any longer. If I were in your shoes and not relying on a payout, I would neuter that weirdo and see what happens. Or collect the seeds and grow it again because, "f*ck this strain. It wont beat me". Lmao or yank that bitch and come at it fresh.

Last edited:
Reactions: stp
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

They all have been budding for three weeks and now they showed polled sacs. No yanking one, all four are the same. Buds up high and buds and sacs down low. Herms
Ah, si. Thought there was a boy in the group.

stp

stp

Ah, si. Thought there was a boy in the group.
you thought one looked like a boy? They all started with hairs and no sacs....so I thought I was good to go....diary everyday in my own book, never saw anything until today, obviously I have not been paying that close of attention, but I am a little shocked. I was thinking it was a crappy tent I have. Lots of glowing when I stand in the room looking at the tent with lights on, but I could not get inside without help and my buddy could not make it before I decided to start....I think the tent has leaks, but maybe one was a male and I did not catch it. I am tired of all the work for nothing I just want something that cycles faster than this again and fewer plants.

stp

stp

I went in and hacked all four of them. Castration and thinning them so much, who knows how things will turn out. Here is what I think. They were all female and I turned them male with light leaking in. I mean, these have been showing signs since veg, every plant had hairs before I flipped lights. They each have amazing flowers. Here’s a photo of a flower on each plant, pure males wouldn’t have gone this long without showing signs, would they? These flowers would have looked a lot more male weeks ago right? This is the 4 th week of flower.

A47CFB41 2E32 4704 95F1 33C5EED43691
22AF3B6E 0423 4F16 9487 BB38F855A70D
A06B5F02 EC36 4034 8EE9 4213334A9731
79EA0057 FE2A 4240 BF76 B057D0340A4B
B2AB8F33 CD22 45A8 A909 B2E3166DE3FE
cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Pretty sure the whole tent is going to be fucked, I thought they were all female, maybe they turned because of a light leak I never checked for when I started. Pretty sure I’m trashing them all this weekend. Male sacs about to pop all over two and light won’t allow me enough time to trim them so I guess it’s the end of this run. I’m already over growing weed indoors. It’s worse than owning a pet. Who wants to buy my gear?
I’m so sorry for your woes but the “who wants to buy my gear” line gave me the fucking giggles. I’ve been there many times and with many things besides and including pot growing.

• Haha
stp

stp

I’m so sorry for your woes but the “who wants to buy my gear” line gave me the fucking giggles. I’ve been there many times and with many things besides and including pot growing.
Haha, I was really bummed, like a death in the family. It hung over my head all day today at work. I still think I had four females and this cheap tent fucked me. Here’s video of me right now inside the room that has the tent. I closed the door and look at the ⭐ ✨

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Dude. I’m not finding a pic of these pollen sacs. You sure you got things figured. I had a whole tent go to seed a couple years ago. It was depressing but my friends and I found smoking the herb to be “nostalgic”.

stp

stp

Dude. I’m not finding a pic of these pollen sacs. You sure you got things figured. I had a whole tent go to seed a couple years ago. It was depressing but my friends and I found smoking the herb to be “nostalgic”.
I cut every fucking one, every branch, every piece i could find but I’m sure there’s more. It’s pollen sacs for sure, had yellow pollen all over. Mostly deep inside the plant on the little suckers I left on. Now they are hacked thin and upset at me. Just fed them and they are going to sleep for the night now. Trust me, it crushed me to pull apart one of the plants in the middle and see this powder fly up in the air. First throught was powdery mildew, really?? But then I found sacs that were open and some that were young and still closed. I probably got 98 % of them and on Saturday I will go through them again just to make sure, but there’s a lot of good buds on here, especially at the top, like you said, I can’t find sacs up high. I’m rolling with it and see how it goes. On the lookout for a grow box or a better tent. Just not sure I trust another tent even if it’s the “good one” like Gorilla, I still read about light leaks.

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Bummer dude. Just think “nostalgia” when you get the frisbee out to roll out your seeds. Then grow a bunch of test plants from the seeds, find “the one” we all been looking for.

HiDaze

HiDaze

Just gotta say it - complaining about light leaks is a weak argument.

Take the time to look at your grow space. A piece of duct tape. A single piece. Fixes that problem. Add a little due diligence to keep the leak covered and you're good to go.

Dont blame the environment for your own mistakes. Learn from yourself. Adjust your setup and move forward.

Making mistakes is natural but you need to own up to them. Dont blame your equipment. You made the decision to use whatever product you have.

Sorry for the tone difference from my posts last night. This is a personal pet peeve of mine. Admit your mistake, learn from it, correct your mistake and come out stronger. Otherwise, this wont be your first failed grow. Good luck ✌

stp

stp

Just gotta say it - complaining about light leaks is a weak argument.

Take the time to look at your grow space. A piece of duct tape. A single piece. Fixes that problem. Add a little due diligence to keep the leak covered and you're good to go.

Dont blame the environment for your own mistakes. Learn from yourself. Adjust your setup and move forward.

Making mistakes is natural but you need to own up to them. Dont blame your equipment. You made the decision to use whatever product you have.

Sorry for the tone difference from my posts last night. This is a personal pet peeve of mine. Admit your mistake, learn from it, correct your mistake and come out stronger. Otherwise, this wont be your first failed grow. Good luck ✌
Yeah, I asked my buddy to come zip me up inside but then I got sick of waiting so I went with it assuming the tent would be fine. His theory was, so what if a little light gets in, the moon, car headlights, and street lights have always been around his outdoor grows and no problem so why am I so worried....it’s my fault, wasn’t blaming anyone but I figured the tent and it’s little leaks were insignificant.

HiDaze

HiDaze

Yeah, I asked my buddy to come zip me up inside but then I got sick of waiting so I went with it assuming the tent would be fine. His theory was, so what if a little light gets in, the moon, car headlights, and street lights have always been around his outdoor grows and no problem so why am I so worried....it’s my fault, wasn’t blaming anyone but I figured the tent and it’s little leaks were insignificant.
Honest - I am not judging you. I want to encourage your desire to cultivate some 🔥

Dont get hung up on this minor mistake. But dont let this opportunity to learn go to waste. You tried, it didnt go quite right.

Not a big deal. You got this 💪🏽 I would put money on it. Your next grow will go perfectly!

stp

stp

Honest - I am not judging you. I want to encourage your desire to cultivate some 🔥

Dont get hung up on this minor mistake. But dont let this opportunity to learn go to waste. You tried, it didnt go quite right.

Not a big deal. You got this 💪🏽 I would put money on it. Your next grow will go perfectly!
Yeah, I really don't set low expectations and i don’t expect mistakes but I did sit there and stare each night at the lights leaking out from the tent and only ever fixed two. So I accept responsibility for it, I was just emotionally crushed because I worked really hard to create a perfect environment, had money fixing any obstacle or challenge, and assumed it would be smooth sailing. So much so, that I never really even looked at the plants up close for a long time, like since the last time in veg that I trimmed them and then flipped the lights 10 days later, so that’s over 5 or 6 weeks that I had not looked at them closely. I just came in and watered and left. I’m over my pity party. I know how to fix all of this, and looking at what I’ve got left after chopping another 40 percent off of the last two today, there’s some seriously long bombs forming and unless they end up completely riddled with seeds, I’m gonna get some good herb out of this fuck up still. I’ll know more Saturday, lights are 7am on and 7pm off and with work I just do t have much time except on weekends. Think the next time I’m going to get one big 30-50 gallon pot and grow one plant. Thanks for all the tips! And the psychology.

Irishking

Irishking

Just fabricated two cross bars for my tent. Home depot, aluminum tube, drilled holes and used EMT clamps wrapped in duct tape. Works perfectly. Picked up Fox Farms Happy Frog for soil also.
Happy frog soil is a hit or miss dude. I sware to god lol. I’ve grown about 10 diff plants now and the soil tends to give plant nutri burn during veg. You want to you ocean forest for veg. Look it up bro I made the rookie mistake. Also add perilite 20% ratio as happy frog turns very muddy. Who knows maybe I jus got a few hot bags it is possible. Do your research on your soil that is basically the most important factor!!!!

stp

stp

I’ve been researching and see there are a lot of factors that could contribute to plants turning Hermie. It could have been more than just light leaks, but I have to start somehwere. In the meantime, these motherfuckers sure look like beautiful buds still!

24883243 97D2 46CE 82AC CBB00320853E
929AF08C 3F43 42CC A98E 4047A766D4E5
46322934 DBF2 4C2B A24A 67DDDB9C92D3
stp

stp

Happy frog soil is a hit or miss dude. I sware to god lol. I’ve grown about 10 diff plants now and the soil tends to give plant nutri burn during veg. You want to you ocean forest for veg. Look it up bro I made the rookie mistake. Also add perilite 20% ratio as happy frog turns very muddy. Who knows maybe I jus got a few hot bags it is possible. Do your research on your soil that is basically the most important factor!!!!
Thanks for the advice but I did do a ton of research and short of making my own, what I wanted I couldn’t get locally, but many people told me happy frog is better than ocean forest for whatever reasons (including four different guys at two different shops here in town) and I wouldn’t have to feed them N early so they kept getting new happy frog for almost a month or more before they got to their final pot of 5 g happy frog, went another two weeks no food, then started feeding them and they seemed fine. I’d like a non nutrient soil so I could feed from the start, not happy frog or ocean. Lots of adjustments will be made before the next run.

stp

stp

Chicks with dicks! New photos.
I went to the shop and they said I could try this stuff called....Switch. Foliar stuff supposed to reverse hermie....but it's been all organic the entire time and I don't want to spray anything someone else says is safe, on my buds/nuts....whatever they are.
Besides, some sacs already opened up so I think it's too late.
I am just rolling with the show, some hairs already turning colors....broke out the real camera...of course the battery died so I will get some better shots later. These will do for now.

DSC 0076
DSC 0056
DSC 0082
stp

stp

Real camera but still not what I was hoping for. I love photography though. I have been doing it since high school on/off.

DSC 0010
DSC 0003
DSC 0082
DSC 0002
Top Bottom