San Diego, 1st indoor, 4x4 tent, soil, organic grow journal

• Thread starter stp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stp

stp

Personally I don't keep seedlings under a dome. It is necessary with clones to have a dome because they have no roots to take up water and nutrients so a humid environment is a must. With seedlings the first thing the develop is a root and therefore do not need the same humid environment as clones.

With that said, I would only leave them under a dome until they have their second set of true leaves. At this point you have real plants and a transplant would be ok.
Real time just now, 5:30 pm PST. Here’s what I’ve got. A couple look yellow almost like they want oxygen. Lid off or on?

It’s been cold here but supposed to start warming up. Cold here is 60, not great for seedlings but inside it’s been 70 maybe 65.

86AD96D2 2E56 4D83 9F5D 430D2E3E5668
218E7E4C 474C 4B9B 8C41 F337A95F7103
391346B9 96D5 4B6F BE87 FF423475C892
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I think the yellow is just them cracking the seed shell and becoming a plant. Maybe keep the lid on to keep the temperature up, but but something in there to prop one side up.

stp

stp

I think the yellow is just them cracking the seed shell and becoming a plant. Maybe keep the lid on to keep the temperature up, but but something in there to prop one side up.
All (6) are showing. One took off last night, it’s almost hitting the lid. I think I should move these all to their next home tonight, yes or no?
62A56CD4 DFD1 4664 A638 4E38EA66B9B2
38B4AF1B BA2B 4EDF 8347 98A966B04FF1
62A56CD4 DFD1 4664 A638 4E38EA66B9B2

FAD2080A E2FF 4E82 AF3D 55B207A32DCF
stp

stp

At 5:30 PST Friday- all seeds popped and a couple are growing fast. One hit the lid already but doesn’t look ready for light yet. I already think the sprout is too tall, what do think?

6DBEA8D9 3EF9 43E5 8CB9 8EAB59CED747
basscaptain

basscaptain

First off, digging the new lights, I am glad they finally got to you. Looking nice and bright in there.

As for the exhaust fan, turn it down until you stop getting negative pressure, then dial it up one notch to get back to having some negative pressure. The AC Infinity units are awesome, and so damn quiet. If it weren't for the air moving through them you wouldn't even know they are on.

I am not a big fan of having that light coming out personally, it does mean any light l can get into the tent too. I would say make those runs longer so they have a few bends in them on the outside of the tent. Otherwise I would recommend finding some means of blocking the light through the ends, maybe stockings on both ends of the tubing.

When I lived in SD I used the water machines that were at 7 Eleven and the grocery stores. They offered RO water for 25 cents a gallon. I assume those machines are still around.
go out to santee and get that free spring water coming out of the well out there at the park.............. go for a nice drive and full up 30 gals or so to pay for the gas$$$$$

707finisher

707finisher

I have an ac infinity 6” set up, I have hps lighting so I have the fan and filter outside the tent drawing off the light housing.

I have a 250 cfm 6” can fan blowing in, it’s also outside the tent with a high flow dust and bug filter.

In hind sight 2 of the infinity 4” would have been plenty one controller works for 2 fans, in and out
The t4 has controller, the s4 is manual but plugs into t4 controller

I do not use all the automatic features of the ac infinity t6 I went through and turned them all off. The alarm and auto features were tricky and will try to suck the tent flat, personal experience. I use it manually and its only ever set on 3. I just like the lcd and temp/humid sensor. Also all the vents and ports are closed except the intake and exhaust. My tent is only 2x4 so you may need more air flow that that.

After everything was hooked up I plugged the can fan in and puffed up the tent, then turned up the infinity till there started to be slack. Stop there cause it’s already going to have negative pressure, it will just take a while to depressurize the whole tent tent if the balance is right. If the balance is To negative it will stretch the tent material.

I try to plant my beans right into soil, and water with a spray bottle just enough to wet around the seed 1/2 “ down or so. I keep them in a warm area, top of fridge, closish to fire, seedling heat mat etc, and watch till the soil cracks on top. Then it goes into the veg tent, right under the lights. And pops out of the dirt into the “sun”.

Everyone’s got a way that works for them :) have fun, looks good.

stp

stp

go out to santee and get that free spring water coming out of the well out there at the park.............. go for a nice drive and full up 30 gals or so to pay for the gas$$$$$
I grew up out there, it’s only 10 minutes from where I am now, but I’m not sure where this free spring water is you are talking about? Either way, I’m good with water closer to me than that.

stp

stp

This morning I moved them into bigger pots. I have not watered these yet, I’m not sure I want to water them for a few hours to try and dry out the jiffy’s they are in. They were still damp when I cut the mesh off and stuck them in these pots. I know I did not have to cut the mesh off. Thanks for the advice to this point.
3BBE0A37 9349 44B4 85DF 42D0BFE80206

basscaptain

basscaptain

Do you know where the Falls are out by the little damn on the road by the river either was very West End of Santee there's a little spring out there it's been there as long as I know we used to go from Mira Mesa to it me and my mom back in the 70s to get water I'm surprised you don't know about it

stp

stp

Do you know where the Falls are out by the little damn on the road by the river either was very West End of Santee there's a little spring out there it's been there as long as I know we used to go from Mira Mesa to it me and my mom back in the 70s to get water I'm surprised you don't know about it
There’s Adobe falls by sdsu, then the falls at the dam in the mission gorge park which happens to be right by pure Flo water company...but I never knew there was a spigot to take water from.

basscaptain

basscaptain

This is way before any of that... I know that area very well I was hatched at Mercy Hospital and lived right behind San Diego State on Chaparral way till I was 5 years old when I moved up to Mira Mesa in the second subdivision of the first track when Mira Mesa just started no this is on the outskirts of Santee there's some falls out there and there is a pit out there and Ivy people drive up Park walk to it and there's a well you can sit there Philip your fives or gallons it's a well-known place I'll get on Google sometime and pull it up somewhere on a map if it hadn't been 30 years since I was there I could tell you exact the roads and everything it's just been awhile

707finisher

707finisher

Looking good, I like how many lights you have, curious To see how the led do. Been considering using led for side lighting.

stp

stp

This is way before any of that... I know that area very well I was hatched at Mercy Hospital and lived right behind San Diego State on Chaparral way till I was 5 years old when I moved up to Mira Mesa in the second subdivision of the first track when Mira Mesa just started no this is on the outskirts of Santee there's some falls out there and there is a pit out there and Ivy people drive up Park walk to it and there's a well you can sit there Philip your fives or gallons it's a well-known place I'll get on Google sometime and pull it up somewhere on a map if it hadn't been 30 years since I was there I could tell you exact the roads and everything it's just been awhile
Be curious to hear when you figure it out. I was born here too and I’ve been all over this town.

707finisher

707finisher

Side note i have been thinking about getting a heat lamp for a reptile, the kind that don’t make light, to help warm my veg tent for the clones and seedlings over the winter, 75 would be nice, its staying low to mid 60s something like that would be cheap, few buck on amazon, or a seedling mat. Maybe that would help? You look like your getting it dialed fast, I’m pretty new to all this, think that about all i can suggest lol.

Reactions: stp
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I have an ac infinity 6” set up, I have hps lighting so I have the fan and filter outside the tent drawing off the light housing.

I have a 250 cfm 6” can fan blowing in, it’s also outside the tent with a high flow dust and bug filter.

In hind sight 2 of the infinity 4” would have been plenty one controller works for 2 fans, in and out
The t4 has controller, the s4 is manual but plugs into t4 controller

I do not use all the automatic features of the ac infinity t6 I went through and turned them all off. The alarm and auto features were tricky and will try to suck the tent flat, personal experience. I use it manually and its only ever set on 3. I just like the lcd and temp/humid sensor. Also all the vents and ports are closed except the intake and exhaust. My tent is only 2x4 so you may need more air flow that that.

After everything was hooked up I plugged the can fan in and puffed up the tent, then turned up the infinity till there started to be slack. Stop there cause it’s already going to have negative pressure, it will just take a while to depressurize the whole tent tent if the balance is right. If the balance is To negative it will stretch the tent material.

I try to plant my beans right into soil, and water with a spray bottle just enough to wet around the seed 1/2 “ down or so. I keep them in a warm area, top of fridge, closish to fire, seedling heat mat etc, and watch till the soil cracks on top. Then it goes into the veg tent, right under the lights. And pops out of the dirt into the “sun”.

Everyone’s got a way that works for them :) have fun, looks good.

I use my AC infinity the same way. 24/7, on speed 10. Except i have a 4 inch fan im using in a 4x4 tent. The automatic features are nice, but they dont work accurately in my opinion. Just glad to see i wasnt the only one with a shitty personal experience on the auto features lol.

Damn though, lights look clean, setup looks nice. I like it man, goodluck. I dont have much more to contribute other than ill be here browsing along.

stp

stp

Looking good, I like how many lights you have, curious To see how the led do. Been considering using led for side lighting.
Allegedly PAR for these five are optimal at 3.5’ x 3.5’, so we’ll see how it goes. Wasn’t planning on doing (6), really only wanted (3). Now I’ve got to change my plans for style of grow. Was going to LST three, now might do some LST some LST and topped just to see how each impacts the output. I’ve already thought about some additional lighting, maybe (3) of their 1750k or some other bars. They tell me I will get good penetration with these but I don’t think it could ever hurt to do side lighting, right?

stp

stp

I use my AC infinity the same way. 24/7, on speed 10. Except i have a 4 inch fan im using in a 4x4 tent. The automatic features are nice, but they dont work accurately in my opinion. Just glad to see i wasnt the only one with a shitty personal experience on the auto features lol.
I wanted to run it all outside but after speaking to many different opinions, I believe the most efficient way to do it is inside, the way I’ve got it, pulling air through the filter versus pushing air through it. It’s not tested, just my researched opinion. There’s thousands of other opinions that would justify any set up I want to believe, I chose this, more for stealth as this is inside a bedroom that has a neighbor’s bedroom shared wall. And LVT vinyl floor with a wood subfloor, so noise carries easier than if it were built slab on grade. Where the fan and the duct connect I double wrapped that section for a noticeable reduction in jet airplane sound. Someday I may switch out the fan and filter to move it outside if I want to clean up the tent and grow taller. It’s a nice look without fan and filter up top, that’s for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom