San Diego, 1st indoor, 4x4 tent, soil, organic grow journal

• Thread starter stp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stp

stp

I get it and I’m very confident in my own research and previous outdoor knowledge but I love hearing people with indoor and especially tent or similar style indoor experience if not for solutions at least to use as comparisons to what I’m doing and for me to have some sort of “bar” to set my expectations and experiences to. I don’t know when to turn lights up, my buddy thinks, why ever have them turned down, the sun never turns down (he grows outdoors). I don’t know when to feed, sure the bottle/site tells me how much but doesn’t say how often, and opinions are like assholes right... or is that some other joke I’m screwing up. I don’t roll with opinions, unless everyone has the same opinion, so gathering multiple opinions was my ultimate goal of using this site. So far you have all been helpful, thank you.

stp

stp

Just gave them more water this morning with the nutrients from monday, that probably isn’t suggested but I thought it was better than plain water. Thoughts?
I figured I’d get an answer like, oh yeah, your organic nutes are only going to work for 24 hours after you mix them with water, or oh yeah, you can use that mix for up to a week. Then I maybe expected someone to try to tell me those Organics turn bad and are actually bad for your plant past 24 hours so absolutely do NOT use it. That’s all...

Moshmen

Moshmen

I figured I’d get an answer like, oh yeah, your organic nutes are only going to work for 24 hours after you mix them with water, or oh yeah, you can use that mix for up to a week. Then I maybe expected someone to try to tell me those Organics turn bad and are actually bad for your plant past 24 hours so absolutely do NOT use it. That’s all...
Here you can stalk your advisers and see some there results or problems. I’m a soil guy but I will tell I had some bad experience with those bottled organic nutes! Ended up pitching them in the trash and moving to 2-1-3 fir the entire cycle! One product instead of this bottle for that and that bottle for this ! And don’t mix it like the directions or ? Marketing marketing , cha Ching !

stp

stp

The only reason I went the Bio Canna nutrient route was the extensive test that was posted on here somewhere. I wanted to do organic and this was my first choice. We’ll evaluate it in the end and see if there are better or more simple ways, but this stuff really isn’t that bad to use, just one or two nutes each time in cal mag improved RO water.

23196830 F9B6 47AB BDA3 8E34AB9A4453
707finisher

707finisher

Last time I went with The bottles instructions and then pure water every other time and I over did it. Supposedly you give them higher nutrient amount and then flush it and it doesn’t burn them but I burned them This time I’m gonna try to wait until I think the soil is running out a little bit then I’m gonna gradually increase it until I see the plants changing for the better last time I saw a change for the worse And then try to do something about it

stp

stp

Sorry if it sounded negative when I said everyone’s got a different opinion
It’s all good, I knew what you meant. For my nutrients, so far it’s only been enzymes really, Happy frog is good for a couple weeks but I’ve not been heavy watering and the next step is back into fresh Happy Frog so when they go from these to the 5’s, I’ll still not have fed them anything other than tea, cannazyme and rhizotnic....all not really nutrient dense. After they move to their final home, I’ll probbably hardly need to feed them their Vega nutrients much as the move to fresh soil gives them a couple weeks of N...if anything I’ll go light on nutrients. All a guess really.

stp

stp

Spotted second flying something last night...couldn’t tell what it was. It looked like a gnat. They are still in 4 “ square pots and I’m not sure what I should do? Treat for these flyers or just pick them off one by one for now? Any soil treating would be wasteful now as they are not in their final home and if these came from the Happy Frog then there’s more fresh soil to come. Should I consider filling pots of happy frog and watering them now outside the grow room to be able to treat the empty pots before I transplant and then treat these little guys now? No treatment? Thoughts?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Spotted second flying something last night...couldn’t tell what it was. It looked like a gnat. They are still in 4 “ square pots and I’m not sure what I should do? Treat for these flyers or just pick them off one by one for now? Any soil treating would be wasteful now as they are not in their final home and if these came from the Happy Frog then there’s more fresh soil to come. Should I consider filling pots of happy frog and watering them now outside the grow room to be able to treat the empty pots before I transplant and then treat these little guys now? No treatment? Thoughts?
You got the sticky fly strips up now?

stp

stp

Here’s today’s 9:20 AM pics. Two gnats dead inside tent. Today I think it’s time for the big pots. I’m using Happy Frog which comes with free gnats! Awesome! Anything I should do now before I move them? Treat soil in big pots before I do maybe? Don’t worry about two gnats? Ideas? I’m headed to sd hydro, they are really pushing sand or DG over the top of my soil....I was hoping to not have to but may have to now. DG and not sand though. Roots are coming out the bottom of the 4” pots just barely....

76E2B2D7 E55F 402C A528 38AFD1F26F1D
0FD3399F 7113 4128 99CF 469993F4DF87
0609CB75 1F54 4C5F BE0E BBC95A9251BA
4DD2AAA6 0515 498D 9FAE A9A0D8194C8F
FCC3BC02 6399 4D1C 9468 8E059D7C152A
FAA60BF3 41A0 4B02 B176 9F7B7F3F2446
251CD3D5 AA00 4384 BFBC D435C74E26BF
2D593103 6DD6 4673 BF22 A5C74757EC21
4B387324 C684 443D 877D C7BD4637EFB4
stp

stp

You got the sticky fly strips up now?
Showed the pics of the bugs (which I’ve now seen a third and maybe 4th) to guys at SDHydro and they think those are mosquitos. Really? I highly doubt they are mosquitos but neither of them suggested any treatment of my Happy frog full, 5 gallon smart pots, that are ready to go tomorrow for transplanting. Anyone have any last minute thoughts before I just transplant and see how they go?

stp

stp

Changed my mind, going into 1 gal smart pots tomrrow...I know everyone said the plastic are easier but my thoughts are to try and get the soil to dry out faster and hopefully discourage gnat growth. I also got some local compost at SDHydro to dress the top inch and see if that helps. Also got yellow sticky cards.

stp

stp

Just loaded up (4) 1 gals for transplanting tomorrow and (4) 5’s for their final home.

237EB570 4987 4AE1 AF92 4EECF86E5929
stp

stp

Moved them but they were dry, a couple crumbled as they came out. One I thought would really be impacted as I shoved the thing in I caught a section of root and just said f it go...this happened at 11:30pm last night, and this is what they look like as of 5:30 pm. Before potting I treated the soil with SDHydro’s free tea then watered with Roots Organics Cal Mag adjusted RO water/ Bio-rhizotonic at 8ml per gal. These will get the rhizo again tomorrow morning, and likely every watering or maybe every other. The plants showed some stress this morning but after a spritz of tea to the leaves, I think they look good tonight. They are dry and could use water but I’m going to wait till the morning.

E1A280C6 0F01 436E BF6D 6F8FC000CAA2
D1E638F9 087E 4C92 88CD A6BCB58CD26A
stp

stp

Made food for the morning. 1 gal RO water + 10ml cannazyme, 5ml cal mag, 8ml rhizo, 4ml Vega. Bubbling it all night to keep stuff alive and active

stp

stp

Spritzed these last night around 5 pm with the last of my tea. fed them a full gallon between the 4 today, had instant flush and I did not want that nor was it planned but at least I know how much I can water now.
This is what is watch at work instead of You Tube. I thought I’d see some shock from the transplantingespecially with one but I don’t see any.

F22066B2 CC35 4BD0 96ED 00525925DD1C
stp

stp

Lights are full blast now and the only issue left is moving them closer. They are about 33” away right now.

stp

stp

Do you feed each time you water or do you alternate feed with plain water?

Latest posts

Top Bottom