Sativas with indica doms same space?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Hey fam I’m new to indoor growing and recently germinated some seeds. Only thing is I was givin some freebie seeds and they were both hazes which are almost completely sativa. My name says it all I impulsively threw them all in and now I have 2 sativa (hazes) with my indica dom hybrids. I already should’ve stuck to one strain since I am new to indoor but I wanted variety and don’t wanna waste them. Can I grow these together in the same space? I have installed a scrog net and have some ideas. I was gonna top all my plants at the 6th node so I’m thinking I’ll try mainlining the sativas so I’ll top down to the 3rd node. I figure it’s more stress than regular topping at the 6th node. Also I was thinking of only using mycorrhizae with my other strains when transplanting. Are these good ideas to help keep them shorter then my other plants? Or should I not even attempt this being new to indoor and growing in general. I used to grow outdoors like a decade ago so I’m relearning everything and love every minute of it. Any help would be appreciated. 🙌🙏✌️

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Relax. I run mixed grows a lot.

You might have to put short plants on a "booster seat," in my grows that is usually an empty pot turned upside-down. Also get familiar with super-cropping, which is considered "high stress training." It's a great way to control height when you aren't familiar with the plants you're growing.

For me, SCROGS don't work well unless I know the plant, and when I'm growing from seed, I don't know the plant.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Relax. I run mixed grows a lot.

You might have to put short plants on a "booster seat," in my grows that is usually an empty pot turned upside-down. Also get familiar with super-cropping, which is considered "high stress training." It's a great way to control height when you aren't familiar with the plants you're growing.

For me, SCROGS don't work well unless I know the plant, and when I'm growing from seed, I don't know the plant.
Ok thanks for the input I feel at ease now about it. Yes I am familiar with super cropping so I’ll incorporate that and the “booster seat” is a pretty good idea as well. 🙌🙏🙌

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was going to post this in my thread but it helps here.

I pinched and bent down all the tallest branches of this og kush to keep it even with all the different strain and age plants in the flower room.

they will grow back up and likely need more training soon. It never ends with some plants.

I try to look at them all like a moving sculpture. And fit them together like a puzzle.

CCB6675D 50A1 4F1F 9A7B C3756F8ADCAA
5BB7B1EB CE8D 4DDB A400 109C63C1C6C5
87D855F6 9AC7 49E2 B15F D4F7423DCCBB

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I was going to post this in my thread but it helps here.

I pinched and bent down all the tallest branches of this og kush to keep it even with all the different strain and age plants in the flower room.

they will grow back up and likely need more training soon. It never ends with some plants.

I try to look at them all like a moving sculpture. And fit them together like a puzzle.

View attachment 1111667View attachment 1111668View attachment 1111669
That’s a good idea as well I’ll incorporate that too!! Nice pics I hope to have plants looking like that soon.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Hey bud im running sativas and indicas together as well, the 2 main things I think you'll find are different are height and flowering time. I believe alot of sativas need extra time in flower to finish. You'll need to keep training in check to minimize sativa height like with super cropping like mimed mentioned and/or some LST and like mystic said you may even have to raise the indicas up to even the whole canopy if that's your style. I was lazy with my plants this round and some are over 4 feet off the ground lol had to boost my indicas way up.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey bud im running sativas and indicas together as well, the 2 main things I think you'll find are different are height and flowering time. I believe alot of sativas need extra time in flower to finish. You'll need to keep training in check to minimize sativa height like with super cropping like mimed mentioned and/or some LST and like mystic said you may even have to raise the indicas up to even the whole canopy if that's your style. I was lazy with my plants this round and some are over 4 feet off the ground lol had to boost my indicas way up.

The plants in my room are all bent and tied down during stretch and then trained however needed to stay shorter than 2 feet tall. I have short ceilings and hps lighting.

elduderito

elduderito

I'm currently doing it - I have the indicas raised sitting on empty pots.... I have a veg tent so I was able to put the hazes into flower a few weeks ahead of the indicas ... It is however more time consuming to feed as they're at different stages of flower - and they have different nute requirements.... sativas tend to be light feeders (especially N)
20210409 205207

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I'm currently doing it - I have the indicas raised sitting on empty pots.... I have a veg tent so I was able to put the hazes into flower a few weeks ahead of the indicas ... It is however more time consuming to feed as they're at different stages of flower - and they have different nute requirements.... sativas tend to be light feeders (especially N)View attachment 1114070
I’ll keep that in mind about the sativas being light feeders thanx for the input!! Well since I started them all at the same time I’m gonna make sure I super crop and use my scrog net. I have an amnesia haze and a ghost train haze for the sativas.

Top Bottom