***Saturation Levels Of Dissolved Oxygen In Relation To Water Temperature***

• Thread starter Ben Derdundat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

im not asking them to take it seriously. im looking to learn something.

i have clearly said that have much more experience than i.

i just want know there thought process behind it. think of it as the student (myself) asking the teacher (experienced ones in this thread) how they think the water provides DO without an air stone.

i just dont understand, im sorry, once again...

everytime i say something i have someone else right behind me saying DONT QUESTION THEM THEY'RE EXPERIENCED, just do as they say. Uhm NO. im gonna question what i have questions about. is this wrong? i guess i just dont understand the thread politics around here. just seems like a joke.

You can get good aeration with a waterfall(just water falling into your rez splashing water) you do not need to pump air through a stone. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNMTUBtynSY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

I no nothing about that system, will have to check it out. Makes me wonder though to get the air whipped down to that small of a unit it might cause the nutes to fall out. I would almost bet it does. JK
Thanks for posting this

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

The technology can be researched on Google, it's referred to as a Micro Bubble Generator. Relatively new tech it seems with all kinds of spa and eco uses.

Plenty of examples on YouTube as well.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Those bubbles are so fine! That thing's a trip, my fishy head is wondering about its applicability to water filtration (foam fractionation). All you need are enough bubbles and a long enough reaction chamber.
You should be aerating your nutes,do I feel it needs to be done at the bucket, no. I aerate the nutes in my rez, I also do this in my feed lines. Since I do that I do not believe I need to do it at the bucket.My round trip for my nutes is a short amount of time using 2" lines and a combo of 2" and 3" drain pipes. I put air in my tanks for another reason which also has nothing to do with water movement.
Using larger diameter plumbing... I think I see/grasp what you're doing and why.
You can get good aeration with a waterfall(just water falling into your rez splashing water) you do not need to pump air through a stone. JK
In my extensive aquatic experience, you will gain far greater gaseous exchange using a waterfall (or bucket dump or large wave generator) and higher consistent O2 saturation levels using such methods than with the movement generated by the large bubbles from typical airstones.

M

mrdizzle

that thing is sick^^^^^

it noise isnt an issue you can make one of these for your res on a larger scale, maybe put 10 outlets and a taller waterfall effect, a much larger pump than I have but you get the gist

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Looks like a UC Epicenter, minus the subsurface diffusion.....did I really just read BlankBlank talking about using 2" and 3" plumbing.....monkey UC, monkey do :)

J

jakew215

so the pump i have hooked up in my res just circulating water should have a big tube coming out of the water to make a waterfall? will it increase the do of my water? i mean im not using it for a hydro setup but ill do anything that helps my ladies.

i just use the water to water my soil plants and to mix with feed. does DO in water even matter for potted plants??? lol sorry if these are stupid questions. i was gonna add a air stone to my res but it a watefall works better ill just do that.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

But seriously though, just do it

Both....oh, and that cool ass device Rollin laid on us.....and a DO Gennie and..... :)

And for sure on the waterfall in your soil nutes tank....keep that water moving constantly.

J

jakew215

Both....oh, and that cool ass device Rollin laid on us.....and a DO Gennie and..... :)

And for sure on the waterfall in your soil nutes tank....keep that water moving constantly.

awesome thanks ill do that tomorrow then for sure. thats an easy trick...

squarepusher

squarepusher

badass device, any word on price?

normally websites that dont list their price are assr@pe high

J

Jalisco Kid

Looks like a UC Epicenter, minus the subsurface diffusion.....did I really just read BlankBlank talking about using 2" and 3" plumbing.....monkey UC, monkey do :)

So you admit you/they follow my work as I have been doing this for over 7 years. I do not want this to sound mean but there in nothing on the UC system worth copying. My rcdwc is much further along then those. Not that I have a problem wanting to improve my system, if I see a good idea I will use it and acknowledge it. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

I have never seen one work but I think it will cause the nutes to fall out. If anyone gets one let us know. JK

P

pikes peak 69

I remember the old days back in 04-05 talking on the KBSers site about large plumbing. At that point I started running 3" black (abs) tubing for drains and 1" pvc for feed lines.
My new room has 2" drains and air supply to bottom buckets, and 1" feed for the Top, misters and bottom feed. I'll be running 5 lines around the room to all the buckets. Large lines as been around many many moons.

Take Care,
pp69

J

jakew215

no one is reinventing the wheel here.

UC nor JK.

its all DWC, add what you will. no one is copying one thing or the other. its all DWC! techniques vary, they do in soil too. i dont see why you have to make it a point that everyone is always copying someone else JK.

you copied growing weed from someone.

P

pikes peak 69

no one is reinventing the wheel here.

UC nor JK.

its all DWC, add what you will. no one is copying one thing or the other. its all DWC! techniques vary, they do in soil too. i dont see why you have to make it a point that everyone is always copying someone else JK.

you copied growing weed from someone.

And jk as well as others have admitted that they have copied or improved on what has been out there since the start of time.
My issue would be finally someone (UC) went and patented something that has been around that long and claim that it's their NEW idea. Me personally, I think that all systems have their good and bad points.
I am putting a room together with JK buckets. Bad point is: The cost of containers, although they will last several generations. You get what you pay for. I've gotten over the bad and looking for all the benefits in this system.

Take Care,
pp69

J

jakew215

And jk as well as others have admitted that they have copied or improved on what has been out there since the start of time.
My issue would be finally someone (UC) went and patented something that has been around that long and claim that it's their NEW idea. Me personally, I think that all systems have their good and bad points.
I am putting a room together with JK buckets. Bad point is: The cost of containers, although they will last several generations. You get what you pay for. I've gotten over the bad and looking for all the benefits in this system.

Take Care,
pp69

great point i have heard him admit that he didnt invent any of it. and UC hasnt received a true patent yet, its patent pending, which is different to my understanding.

and i have heard little about jk's buckets, ive heard they expensive but innovative. if i knew how they worked a little more i think id be much more interested in looking into them more.

are you going to display your grow using his buckets. im sure some of us would pay to see that...

P

pikes peak 69

I may post but it will only be after oking with JK and also if I can remove megadata from any pics I post. May only post pics of room and I definitively don't think I would post plants full on rocking in the system. I love my country but fear my government. After the change in leadership, I still think that shits going to happen. Too much of a money train and jobs tied to illegal marijuana.

I'll do what I feel comfortable doing and no more.

Take Care,
pp69

great point i have heard him admit that he didnt invent any of it. and UC hasnt received a true patent yet, its patent pending, which is different to my understanding.

and i have heard little about jk's buckets, ive heard they expensive but innovative. if i knew how they worked a little more i think id be much more interested in looking into them more.

are you going to display your grow using his buckets. im sure some of us would pay to see that...

squarepusher

squarepusher

back to the micro bubble generators, any sources or idea where we could get these? price?

Top Bottom