Schwer's First Grow Evah! Planning, Prep and Grow

• Thread starter Schwer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Almost forgot to post the final pic of the grow!

Tent287

It would have been a lot easier to get a proper weight if I had just weighed the bowls right before bagging, but at the time I was much more focused on all of the trimming, bagging, worrying about the smell, etc. I know I said I was going to weigh each pheno and such, but uh, I didn't and now I don't much care 😎🚬

What I did do was pack some extra Grove Bags and 5 hygrometers into a giant bowl for an epic scale tare before putting the filled bags back into the same bowl for what's probably a damn good estimate if I didn't screw anything up. Anyway, I have at least 24 ounces of trimmed-to-my-low-standards bud and a whole bunch of frosty trim, larf and popcorn bud that I didn't weigh, but I'd say its at another 5-6 ounces based on the half-ounce I pulled out today for the canna-oil. So yeah, pretty much way more than I ever hoped for.

The second dry group was a mixed bag. The leafier GDP's faired better and maintained 60% in the bags. The BBK's dried a bit too much and are looking like 55% right now.

And I might be biased right now, but that canna-oil method seems to be a winner.... weeee! 🚀

Lilolme

Lilolme

Aint it great to be good to go for a while? I forsee a pleasant winter ahead

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
I'm enjoying a teaspoon of that oil in my morning coffee to give me a better idea on dosing. I picked up some peanut butter chips yesterday. I was thinking of melting those down to mix with the oil and some actual peanut butter. Could be good, but this is nice too.

Its worth noting that this batch tastes WAY better than what I usually make. Don't get me wrong, it still doesn't taste good but its much more mild in comparison. If I baked some cookies or follow though with my peanut butter cups I doubt I'll even be able to taste the weed. Here are three possible reasons for this...

1. Its my own weed and it had a proper dry, so maybe it has less chlorophyll than what I've used in the past.
2. I didn't grind or chop any of the herb prior to the oil infusion so I might have fewer fine plant particles in my oil
3. It doesn't taste as strong because I screwed up and did a weaker extraction

Either way its nice to have edibles back in the house again 👨‍🍳

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Aint it great to be good to go for a while? I forsee a pleasant winter ahead

You know it brother, and thanks for your assistance in that regard 😁

I can't wait to give some bags to a buddy of mine, as he's the reason I grew that Blackberry Kush to begin with. He doesn't use cannabis all that much but he has wicked anxiety and its helped him in the past. I'm going to give him a bag of the most chill and relaxing pheno of the grow once I know what that is... BBK1 being the winner thus far. I'm considering buying some capsules and making some coconut oil "meds" as well.

Lilolme

Lilolme

You know it brother, and thanks for your assistance in that regard 😁

I can't wait to give some bags to a buddy of mine, as he's the reason I grew that Blackberry Kush to begin with. He doesn't use cannabis all that much but he has wicked anxiety and its helped him in the past. I'm going to give him a bag of the most chill and relaxing pheno of the grow once I know what that is... BBK1 being the winner thus far. I'm considering buying some capsules and making some coconut oil "meds" as well.
I have a bag of capsules I had plans along the same lines at some point, its a slow process fillin those things one at a time, and depending on what your puttin in em its a little messy I played around with some trimmin kief and a tiny glass funnel

Casimpi

Casimpi

Hell of a nice grow here Schwer!!!!! I am excited to keep watching you grow and learn as another VA grower. The more experience here in VA the better!

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
yes, beautiful air filled with THC, and morning coffee filled with it too. Who are you guys again?

And thanks @GalaxysEdge for reminding me what's missing in my life. Cheeto dust..

Casimpi

Casimpi

yes, beautiful air filled with THC, and morning coffee filled with it too. Who are you guys again?

And thanks @GalaxysEdge for reminding me what's missing in my life. Cheeto dust..
How did you find that extract process / effects.

I am worried my two plants are not going to be worthwhile to trim and smoke. So I am looking to process 90% of them all into edibles so looking at different methods.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
How did you find that extract process / effects.

I am worried my two plants are not going to be worthwhile to trim and smoke. So I am looking to process 90% of them all into edibles so looking at different methods.

It was by far the easiest and the least smelly process that I've tried - I can say that for certain. Most of these pressure cookers are set such that when cooking on high pressure the internal temps of the mason jar will be between 237 and 242 which is right around the usual suggested temps for decarbing.

Its also the best tasting infusion I've ever done, and that's probably because I didn't grind the trim and had a very fine cheesecloth to use for the strain.

As for the strength/quality of the infusion? That's really hard to say. It definitely worked and I've enjoyed it a lot, but based on how much I've been using I have to wonder how it compares to previous infusions I've done. Since I have enough on hand to do a little testing I was thinking of doing another decarb in the pressure cooker and then splitting that for two different infusion methods. Maybe I'll try 1/2 in the pressure cooker again and the other 1/2 in the slow cooker. The other options folks have mentioned sound great too (heating plate, sous vide, ect) but I'd rather not purchase any extra equipment just yet.

Lilolme

Lilolme

It was by far the easiest and the least smelly process that I've tried - I can say that for certain. Most of these pressure cookers are set such that when cooking on high pressure the internal temps of the mason jar will be between 237 and 242 which is right around the usual suggested temps for decarbing.

Its also the best tasting infusion I've ever done, and that's probably because I didn't grind the trim and had a very fine cheesecloth to use for the strain.

As for the strength/quality of the infusion? That's really hard to say. It definitely worked and I've enjoyed it a lot, but based on how much I've been using I have to wonder how it compares to previous infusions I've done. Since I have enough on hand to do a little testing I was thinking of doing another decarb in the pressure cooker and then splitting that for two different infusion methods. Maybe I'll try 1/2 in the pressure cooker again and the other 1/2 in the slow cooker. The other options folks have mentioned sound great too (heating plate, sous vide, ect) but I'd rather not purchase any extra equipment just yet.
Gonna give the pressure cookin method a try next, hot plate and stove temps fluctuated a lot. The boil in bag thing sounds very doable too. Tried a couple of tablespoons of my concoction, so far meh but I have zero experience with edibles for all I know I’ll be layin in a pool of slobber in an hour

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Official petition for Schwer winter grow & diary.

1. ddgsmj

Much love, VA lurker.

Ha! Thanks man. This has been a lot of fun for just a little bit of work but I'm glad to have some time to kill before the next grow. I'm thinking I'd like to use that time to improve on my space a little; no fancy new equipment or anything as I'm happy with what I have. I'd just like to find a better spot in the house and hire an electrician to make sure I'm doing it safely.

He’s probly busy guttin his office for the new grow room he has obviously gotten too big for his britches I mean tent

Jokes on you, I don't wear britches! 😁

ddgsmj

ddgsmj

Ha! Thanks man. This has been a lot of fun for just a little bit of work but I'm glad to have some time to kill before the next grow. I'm thinking I'd like to use that time to improve on my space a little; no fancy new equipment or anything as I'm happy with what I have. I'd just like to find a better spot in the house and hire an electrician to make sure I'm doing it safely.
I hear ya, I'm just being selfish. Your journaling is great and I've been through it a few times prepping for my first grow. Looking forward to when you return and seeing any changes.

Top Bottom