Science: Aroma...*Not* THC Mediates the Subjective Effects of Smoked and Vaporized Cannabis Flower

• Thread starter mrcrispy13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrcrispy13

mrcrispy13

Some great new research suggests that chasing terpenes NOT THC molecules results in the 'better' cannabis experience. This also has implications for medicinal use, since a better experience is directly tied to better healing.

"Impairment and Enjoyment are unrelated phenomena"

“Currently, consumers must wade through a labyrinth of confusing messages at a typical retail experience, which in addition to THC potency may include: analytical lab results, proprietary marketing for supposedly targeted effects with no science to back claims, indica, sativa and hybrid categorization–which have proven again and again to mean nothing at all in terms of subjective effects, and cultivar names which aren’t constantly the same plant genetically, or even if they are the same plant, rarely bear similar phenotypic expression, despite having the same name. It should come as no surprise that people are a bit confused and often unable to find the best products in terms of enjoyment.”

"The best way for a consumer to know whether they will enjoy smoking or vaping a particular flower is to smell it."

2Bad

2Bad

I agree I always have to smell my bud but sometimes like 5-10% of the time the smell doesn't match the high I like. BUT MOST OF THE TIME. For sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom