Scope mod!

• Thread starter samino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
samino

samino

Radio Shack scope! I don't know about everyone else who uses one, but for me the light needed improvement. So I decided to swap out the old low intensity bulb with a high brightness led.

Ledmod5
Ledmod1
Ledmod2
Ledmod3
Ledmod4
Motarebel

Motarebel

Great idea samino! Little mo details please, like what size bulb,where to get the bulb and do you do any modification to get it to fit?

P

punkadc

Great idea samino! Little mo details please, like what size bulb,where to get the bulb and do you do any modification to get it to fit?

i have the exact same scope.... and have the same questions as motarebel!lol

B

baggins

I stopped using mine after I bought a toy digital microscope that will do 100x, 200x, 400x. For the $25 its substantially easier and more resolution.

P

punkadc

where did you find that, baggins? that sounds like $25 well spent!:)

Greyskull

Greyskull

^^the bionicam eyeclops is what he describes... does video, too ^^

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Yo Sammy buddy, do I need to solder that gimmick in place. Me and Fear was just talking about that modification that you done.. Something about that blue LED intensifies visual:)

:passingjoint:

GTD

B

baggins

where did you find that, baggins? that sounds like $25 well spent!:)

Yeah I got the eye clops on Amazon. Did a post here on it bout 2 weeks ago. Its not a $2000 camera and macro lens, but it ain't bad.

P

punkadc

right on baggins, thanks! i remember hearing about that kids camera before, but i didnt know it was that cheap....im definitely gonna get one now!!

samino

samino

Sorry for not responding guys i just thought no one was interested!

Radio shack has the Led, it is a White 5mm high brightness led.
And i think its rated from 3.2v-5v it still will light even though the AAA batteries only put out 3.0v.

Once you take the scope apart you will see that you can actually bend the legs of the led around the metal tabs inside. I do have a solder station so i soldered mine, but i tried it first just buy bending the legs around the metal tabs and it worked.

The led has a negative and positive side: the short leg is negative and the long leg is positive. find the neg tab in the scope and attach or solder it in place then the same for positive! thats it guys real simple.

Thanks for showing interest guys, Oh yea wasup Mota and GTDzy!

Top Bottom