Scotland

• Thread starter The hamster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seraphine

Seraphine

I water by hand. I have 10 plants in flower and they go through 6 gallons per day. If I had full mature plants In veg, that would be another 3 gallons. I use old 1 gallon milk jugs. I would like to get a drip set up but I need to figure out the reservoir and the mechanics of it all.
I’m about to get this next grow started so soon my veg tent will be filled up.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Getting drip irrigation would definitely be a time saver but for now, hand watering works.

The hamster

The hamster

Used to take clones but don’t have space for mother’s . As I go to work for a week at a time would be putting my babies in someone else’s hands for watering and I don’t think that’s a good idea . Think my circumstances would rule using this way . Where about a are u in the world . Are there many people from Europe on this site or is it mainly Americans and Canadians

Seraphine

Seraphine

Used to take clones but don’t have space for mother’s . As I go to work for a week at a time would be putting my babies in someone else’s hands for watering and I don’t think that’s a good idea . Think my circumstances would rule using this way . Where about a are u in the world . Are there many people from Europe on this site or is it mainly Americans and Canadians
I’m in the states. There are people from all over on this site. But I would say mostly from Canada, United States and Europe.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ok nice speaking to u
Hi again, You say you don't have much room? Check out this guys grow

I think you'll be surprised at what you can do in small spaces.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Cherry Bomb 3 naked
CB nice bud
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I water by hand. I have 10 plants in flower and they go through 6 gallons per day. If I had full mature plants In veg, that would be another 3 gallons. I use old 1 gallon milk jugs. I would like to get a drip set up but I need to figure out the reservoir and the mechanics of it all.
I’m about to get this next grow started so soon my veg tent will be filled up.
That sounds like a lot of work with a multiple daily watering and feeding regiment. My peat stuff in 3 gallon pots I water once every 3-4 days in flower about once a week in veg. I understand the superior growth you get in hydro, a recent video I saw showed almost 2-1 growth with hydro over a peat mix with very little maintenance. I haven't seen that type of time laps video with coir but the maintenance alone seems to be more than I want to take on.

I have a hard time some weeks just keeping up with things you've set me on, its always something, I've spend more time in my room since I first read your posts than ever before, this be like Seraphine motto I've adopted is creating a lot more work for me and tough to get everything I want to get done done. Upgrade upgrade is the call of the day lol 🤩🤩

Thanks for that by the way!

The hamster

The hamster

Hi , that’s impressive . I do get half decent results using the same method , same nutrients , same lights , etc . But listening to u guys I realise I have a lot to learn . Took clones before a couple of times most of them took . apart from that I think I am a bit of an amateur to u boys . Been interrupted a couple of times by the police so gave it up for a while and just really get back into it . I am 48 years old so be about 24 years ago done my first crop , northern lights fed by hand in small pots , vermiculite and pearlite amazing smoke and loved growing . Things have come on a lot since then . Bit apprehensive about stripping leaves and topping but I will send pics of my babies when they are ready , and will be putting some stuff into practice on my next crop . Hopefully make my babies short bushier and better looking . Can pick up some tips from u guys on nipping the tops etc . Cheers

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sorry about the book I wrote lol
Write away we're all learning from each other, what you bring may add to a conversation we can all learn from. Stay quiet and we don't get that insight. We're faux legal here we're allowed to grow 4 plants from seeds bought through a legal source only ( their seeds ) Trouble is until recently they only had 1 legal supplier with I believe 2 seed strains ( grey matter memory) and they we not available until about 6 months after faux legalization at a premium price for a No name brand seed.

I'm 67 smoked for 50+ years and until I found this site 4 months ago and ( the most important part) its members I was on my own with limited knowledge just muddling along. I'm still muddling along with limited knowledge but with more people that have a variety of experiences willing to share with us all. Eventually I read something that sinks in and I learn just a little bit more. I've asked a lot of questions but I think I've learned more just by reading the postings from the members. Its then I realize I'm missing something and have to ask WTF thats all about.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Write away we're all learning from each other, what you bring may add to a conversation we can all learn from. Stay quiet and we don't get that insight. We're faux legal here we're allowed to grow 4 plants from seeds bought through a legal source only ( their seeds ) Trouble is until recently they only had 1 legal supplier with I believe 2 seed strains ( grey matter memory) and they we not available until about 6 months after faux legalization at a premium price for a No name brand seed.

I'm 67 smoked for 50+ years and until I found this site 4 months ago and ( the most important part) its members I was on my own with limited knowledge just muddling along. I'm still muddling along with limited knowledge but with more people that have a variety of experiences willing to share with us all. Eventually I read something that sinks in and I learn just a little bit more. I've asked a lot of questions but I think I've learned more just by reading the postings from the members. Its then I realize I'm missing something and have to ask WTF thats all about.
Right. I never would have switched to growing in coco if it weren’t for this site and I have learned so much about lighting from here., especially LEDs.

The hamster

The hamster

Would really like to learn more about topping , fimming and general pruning of my babies . Do u have a department in the police or such like that can come check u are only growing four . Do u need a licence to grow or inform someone u are growing .

The hamster

The hamster

LEDs to not sure where to start with them . I use MH for veg , HPS for flowering . Bit expensive to run but good results There are so many different company’s selling led here and big difference in the cost so info on that would be good . Are growers having same results using led

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Would really like to learn more about topping , fimming and general pruning of my babies . Do u have a department in the police or such like that can come check u are only growing four . Do u need a licence to grow or inform someone u are growing .
Here we don't need a license as of a year ago. There's a grey area with the seeds we're allowed to grow from. The police will only be looking for you if you're selling or causing an offense leading them to your door. I think an old stay at home arthritic 67yr old with 2 replaced hips & bad knees is a low priority bust and they've got better things to do than to go after the likes of me on the odd chance I'm a plant or 2 over the letter of the law.

The hamster

The hamster

Haha . Well the last time they knocked my door down for 10 cuttings and 4 adult plants . They came mob handed about 10 of them at 7 o’clock in evening. Was just out hospital at time with knee op . Took all my gear . When I got to court they fined me 100 pound , didn’t make sense to myself . All those officers probably on overtime to be fined that amount . Hopefully not tempting fate but I’m just back out hospital for a replacement shoulder joint lol .

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Haha . Well the last time they knocked my door down for 10 cuttings and 4 adult plants . They came mob handed about 10 of them at 7 o’clock in evening. Was just out hospital at time with knee op . Took all my gear . When I got to court they fined me 100 pound , didn’t make sense to myself . All those officers probably on overtime to be fined that amount . Hopefully not tempting fate but I’m just back out hospital for a replacement shoulder joint lol .
I'm not saying they couldn't do that here but now that it's faux legal and there's been no chaos erupting from hordes of stoned lunatics running amuck as predicted by the naysayers there's a more of a relaxed attitude about pot in general. You mentioned topping... What's to know? I top and continue to to until I'm ready to turn them, when I see 2 growing shoots below the top and they're tall enough that there's space for me to cut, I cut, fiming only by accident. Some guys here top real early I'll wait until they're tall enough for my fat hands to deal with the little fkers. after maybe a month but I like to veg 2.5 months if I can. Bigger's better in my books.

The hamster

The hamster

Do u only top them once , Can u keep topping the new shoots that grow . So it will increase the veg time . And how much does it shock the plants , do they recover quick , how long do u need to wait once u have topped to do it again . Would u not need a net to hold them up . I could go on but I think it’s the feeling of “what the fuck am I doing cutting the tops of my beautiful babies “ that stops me doing it but looking at pics on here after a little while the plants look amazing . Does it increase ur yield and by how much

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Do u only top them once , Can u keep topping the new shoots that grow . So it will increase the veg time . And how much does it shock the plants , do they recover quick , how long do u need to wait once u have topped to do it again . Would u not need a net to hold them up . I could go on but I think it’s the feeling of “what the fuck am I doing cutting the tops of my beautiful babies “ that stops me doing it but looking at pics on here after a little while the plants look amazing . Does it increase ur yield and by how much
I top many times like I said depending on how long I veg them for. I have some clones I'll take pics of tomorrow they're about a month - 5 weeks old and i've topped 2 of them 4-5 times and tied them down. Zero shock but I do it just before or after a watering / feeding so they have liquid to suck up and heal themselves. The next few hours /day you'll see the small sprouts standing up saying hello and ready to take over the job of being lead hand but this time with a buddy and when they get tall enough another week - 10 days and out come the scissors and snip snip.

When they get real big I lattice them with bamboo poles and spread them out.

I know what you mean by chopping your babies heads off, it seems cruel after raising them from just a little seed lol but they get over it real quick.

It does take them longer to veg them. One guy here MiMedGrower doesn't chop he bends and gets great results, check out his grow thread Mimeds perpetual thread he knows his stuff.

Increase Yield? I think so but the length of time it takes may kill the advantages, some here turn them in a month and get 3 crops a year, I'm lucky to get 2 crops in a year so who gets more is debatable.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I top many times like I said depending on how long I veg them for. I have some clones I'll take pics of tomorrow they're about a month - 5 weeks old and i've topped 2 of them 4-5 times and tied them down. Zero shock but I do it just before or after a watering / feeding so they have liquid to suck up and heal themselves. The next few hours /day you'll see the small sprouts standing up saying hello and ready to take over the job of being lead hand but this time with a buddy and when they get tall enough another week - 10 days and out come the scissors and snip snip.

When they get real big I lattice them with bamboo poles and spread them out.

I know what you mean by chopping your babies heads off, it seems cruel after raising them from just a little seed lol but they get over it real quick.

It does take them longer to veg them. One guy here MiMedGrower doesn't chop he bends and gets great results, check out his grow thread Mimeds perpetual thread he knows his stuff.

Increase Yield? I think so but the length of time it takes may kill the advantages, some here turn them in a month and get 3 crops a year, I'm lucky to get 2 crops in a year so who gets more is debatable.
Okay I took some photos of 2 Cherry Bomb clones the same age, one has been split a few times and tied down the other I've left alone. It was a bit smaller and a bit slower in growth so I didn't split her yet. If I had more clips I would have tied down some branches that are now ling enough for me to do so without snapping them off, I've squeezed the stalk and bent them over in the past but they just keep going back up if I don't tie them down so I tie them down.
pic 1 --2 CB clones about 5 weeks old
2--CBc 1- tied and split
3--CBc 2 not tied or split
4 -where I topped a few days ago and its 2 sprouts are standing up.
5 - where I'll cut just above the 2small sprouts.
6 - tied down CBc1
7 held branches I'll tie down

Top Bottom