Scratching my head... insight appreciated

• Thread starter MiteSuck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MiteSuck

MiteSuck

In house platinum cake.
I didn’t sift for it it’s a cut from a friend.
Week 3 veg.
4x8 tent
315 cmh roughly 2 ft from canopy.
Daytime temps 76-78
Nighttime temps 70-73
Relative humidity 55-60
I noticed tip burn in new growth and what looks like tip burn/calcium def in oldest growth. Potentially potassium def.

Apart from those obvious signs stems are weak and don’t look like they could support a gram.

Until this point I had worked plants up to 1.1-1.2 ec
1/1 ratio flora flex veg nutrients
My mix has looked like this
1 ml pro tech silica /gal
.3 ec Cali magic
Base up to 1.1-1.2
1 ml roots excel
Ph 5.6-5.9
And ran like this every watering altering roots excel every other watering.

When I noticed the tip burn and new growt a bit pale and scraggly lacking real vigor. the oldest fan leaves doing what there doing as well going a bit necrotic at tips and edges.

It’s day 3 since making some changes dropping to 1 ec and ditching the roots excel and pro tech silica.
Can’t tell yet if it’s helping.

Run of has consistently been .2-.3 ec less than my input solution so I don’t believe I have any build ups.

You can see in the photos plants look pretty dark green....

Scratching my head for sure any insight would be appreciated.

Few scenarios come to mind...

-to much nitro or calcium
- the ladies are ready for more nutes and are just asking for higher levels of base( gauging by my run off but the dark green foliage makes me nervous to up the feed)
-light burn?
-over feeding?
-I’m tripping and need to chill? 🤔😂
Trying to get things on the right track so I can get these ladies in my flower room and stay on schedule. I won’t do that with plants that aren’t healthy.

70/30 coco perlite
Fed 1x daily.
Roots are abundant and protruding the bottom of containers.

Plants were transplanted from 1 gal to 3 gal about 7-8 days ago...

Any insight would be appreciated.

Scratching my head insight appreciated
Scratching my head insight appreciated 2
Scratching my head insight appreciated 3
Scratching my head insight appreciated 4
Scratching my head insight appreciated 5
Scratching my head insight appreciated 6
Scratching my head insight appreciated 7
Scratching my head insight appreciated 8
Scratching my head insight appreciated 9
Scratching my head insight appreciated 10
Scratching my head insight appreciated 11
Scratching my head insight appreciated 12
Scratching my head insight appreciated 13
Scratching my head insight appreciated 14
Scratching my head insight appreciated 15
MiteSuck

MiteSuck

The photo of leaves on laptop are all from the oldest fans from a few different girls.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Plants look great 👍 but time to bump up to at least twice a day feeding. I think the root ball is drying out too much between feedings.

Another good way to avoid tip burn is a weekly microbe flush.

MiteSuck

MiteSuck

Thanks for the thumbs up. 🤙🏼

Right now I give 1800 ml 1x a day for a substantial amount of run off.

I really don’t think there’s a substantial dry back right now but you could very well be right.

Weekly microbial flush is a great idea.

Right now I’ll use urb natural once a week but I put it on top of that 1.2 ec.

Maybe a good camg/urb flush and reset. at .8 would be revealing.

Again I don’t think things are drying back enough for 2 fertigations yet but man ... deffinately something I need to give some thought to.

Thanks farmer 💯🙏🏼🙏🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼

I’ve never had issues in this size container at this stage of growth watering 1x a day. Usually they grow great.

I have thug pug peanut butter breath in the same tent and there boosting on the 1x daily feed.

You deffinately give me something to think about.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I do 200ppm of calmag in RO water and Recharge once a week until week 6 of flower. Works great.

I know every grow is a little different. But just as an example, I watered these 2 plants 3x a day. Since they went into the 3gals. They are from clone and about 40 days old. Absolute beasts. They will grow with only once a day. But cyclical feeding several times a day will turbo charge the growth. If you have the ability to auto feed, I would recommend upping the daily frequency.

A7BBE43E 54A7 4B3D 96CE D512A02435B4

MiteSuck

MiteSuck

I do 200ppm of calmag in RO water and Recharge once a week until week 6 of flower. Works great.

I know every grow is a little different. But just as an example, I watered these 2 plants 3x a day. Since they went into the 3gals. They are from clone and about 40 days old. Absolute beasts. They will grow with only once a day. But cyclical feeding several times a day will turbo charge the growth. If you have the ability to auto feed, I would recommend upping the daily frequency.

View attachment 1105748

Makes sense man I appreciate the feed back. Maybe I will drop my volume and up my frequency to 2x a day. ( hard with my work schedule) I’ve deffinately scene the benefits below is a run I watered 3x a day.

Any experience with flora flex? I have friends telling me to bump my feed up to 1.3-1.4 as it’s closer to what the schedule sais.

Maybe I should hold around 1.1 and feed 2x and see how things respond.

Just the tip burn in new growth and tip burn/necrosis in oldest growth and overall dark green foliage makes me wanna back off

MiteSuck

MiteSuck

View attachment 1105748
your girls look glorious. What ec are they at if I can ask?

MiteSuck

MiteSuck

View attachment 1105748

Also I’m getting a good dry back on the larger of the group but the smaller plants aren’t drying back much.... probably why I’m hesitant to multi feed but possibly the 1800 ml is overkill.

AA6E368B AD33 4793 AB11 ACB43F446E63
AAD4AE18 753F 4D48 8AD0 C3B27AD3FE50
CC489FCC E12B 430E A03E 502CEB9E6113
Enforcer

Enforcer

your girls look glorious. What ec are they at if I can ask?
Thanks man. Those plants were vegging at 1.2EC. But different strains take different feed. I’ve grown a white widow that would get crazy tip burn over 1.0EC

Enforcer

Enforcer

Also I’m getting a good dry back on the larger of the group but the smaller plants aren’t drying back much.... probably why I’m hesitant to multi feed but possibly the 1800 ml is overkill.
Those are some kick ass plants.

MiteSuck

MiteSuck

Deffinately was a good run. Those afghans took 1.8 ec no problem in the latter weeks.. these platinum cakes however seem finicky and sensitive to what I’m accustomed to. Your girls are that big at 1.2 I’m thinking I may want to back off a bit & observe. I’m going to kick it to 2x a day and drop to .9 and observe. I just got that same Afghan cut back from a friend glad I passed it along

Enforcer

Enforcer

Yes, when feeding multiple times a day I reduce the overall EC. If I start to get tip burn, I add a feeding ( this refreshes the solution in the coco more often). If I start to get deficiencies I bump up the EC a hair.

Top Bottom